• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

Fox Sports 7 round mock

Get NFL news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

12.BillsPatrick WillisLBOle MissSenior12thSAME12th / 14th
    Look for the Bills to plug holes left by London Fletcher-Baker and Takeo Spikes at linebacker. Keith Ellison and Angelo Crowell will likely start at the Will and the Sam linebacker spots next season, but who's going to play the Mike? Willis isn't a bad choice. The SEC Defensive Player of the Year in '06, the senior standout was a star in Mobile at the Senior Bowl and a top collegiate performer throughout his entire tenure at Ole Miss. The Butkus Award winner recorded 137 tackles and had three sacks in his senior season in Oxford. A complete package that goes sideline-to-sideline, Willis will pay immediate dividends for Buffalo. Dick Jauron is a defensive guy and Marv Levy has a history of drafting defensive players in the first round. This is a no-brainer. Unless, of course, Adrian Peterson is still lingering at 12.

Round 2 43.BillsBrian LeonardRBRutgersSenior

Round 3 74.BillsMichael Okwo LBStanfordSenior

Round 3 92.BillsMike Walker WRCentral FloridaSenior

Round 4 111.Bills Doug DatishCOhio StateSenior

Round 5 - No Pick

Round 6 - 184.Bills C.J. Ah YouDEOklahomaSenior

Round 7 - 222.BillsDanny WareRBGeorgiaSenior

Round 7 - 240.BillsKenneth DarbyRBAlabamaSenior

~The Answer
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: Fox Sports 7 round mock

I like it.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Marvelous
      • Feb 2004

Me too.....Esp Leonard..
      -A pass catching threat outta the backfield will make ALL the difference for JP.. I've been thinking that for years now. A elite pass catching FB has been needed since Centers left. And a stud TE is a luxery that we can't afford so IMO it makes sense to get a back who can catch..

-Could Leonard be the great white hope(@RB)?
      The prophecy speaks of a white guy who will bring balance to the skilled positions.
      GO BILLS!!! NE
      Magical Trevor

Comment

• Sportsuser101
        • Feb 2005

3 RBs? Grant it Ware and Darby are 7th round picks but still thats alot of RBs. I'm starting to like Willis more and more at #12 especially after the NFLN piece but I just don't think he'll be there. I like Beason better then Willis but Willis is better for our scheme. Pos I think is a better fit but its too early. Now if Peterson is not there we should grab Hall or Revis. I don't care what scheme you're in when you have McGee as your #1 and Youboty as your #2 you need some depth at the very least.
        Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• feelthepain
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Mar 2005

Looks like a real good draft for the Bills, I think you'd see a big collective sigh of relief if this were the Bills draft outcome.

Could the Bills trade up with the Skins to take Willis?? I wouldn't be shocked, It wouldn't be a stretch if they did. Question is how much value do the skins place on Landry??

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

id be surprised if we didnt draft a single CB.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DANMAN
              • Sep 2003

I'd be very happy with this draft. Altough It has too many RB's and not enough CB's. I like the Leonard pick and I love the Willis pick!

Comment

• W1DER1GHT
                Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills
                • Mar 2007

It wouldn't be bad if it all fell that way.
                "Tyler Wilson is a glorified cross between JP Losman and Ryan Fitzpatrick." W1DER1GHT 3/16/13
                ^Well, I may have given Wilson too much credit^

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Love Leonard but 3 ****ing RB's get real.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

horrible draft

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

Obviously if Willis is available, I'd love for the Bills to take him. Leonard in round 2? It's not that he isn't a good player, but nothing I've seen from the Bills suggests he is the kind of running back Buffalo is looking to pick up. There are other linebackers I'd rather Buffalo snag than Okwo in the third. I think day 2 of this draft is almost a complete waste to the Bills, except for Darby who actually could turn out to be a pretty good RB, and closer to what the Bills are looking for.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• John Doe
                        Florida Man
                        • Jul 2002

The second day draft picks make little sense in light of Modrak's statement that he wants to see each draft pick make the team.

Using a 4th rounder on a center? We have 3 guys that can play the position, one of which was a rookie last year.

The 6th round for a defensive end? How is he going to make the team with the 4 players that we have under contract (I don't see how we can carry 5).

Two more running backs? One maybe, but two is a waste.

Comment

Working...
                        X