PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Quinn to Oakland?

Sportsuser101
04-27-2007, 06:44 PM
http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/1177647960273220.xml&coll=1

Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn confirmed his agent, Tom Condon, has had preliminary contract talks with the Raiders, who hold the No. 1 overall pick. Last year, there was a lot of talk about "signability" for the Texans in selecting DE Mario Williams over RB Reggie Bush after striking a deal with Williams the night before the draft.

"(Oakland) sent some kind of contract where they started negotiating, talking about numbers and things like that," Quinn said. "I can't really go into depth about all of that stuff because my agent handles that. I was working out earlier in the morning and then going around doing a bunch of things like this, so it's been tough to keep track."

LSU QB JaMarcus Russell said his agent hasn't heard from the Raiders about a contract, though it's likely he was simply being coy about the matter. Georgia Tech WR Calvin Johnson said he's unsure if his agent had talked numbers with Oakland. Neither player seemed overly concerned that Quinn was telling reporters his agent is talking contract.

Philagape
04-27-2007, 06:46 PM
I've read a few times that they've had talks with all three

justasportsfan
04-27-2007, 06:49 PM
Quinn said he wants to be drafted no.1 so he probably told the raiders he'll give them a discount.

W1DER1GHT
04-27-2007, 06:54 PM
If the Raiders don't take Russell they'll take Johnson. This Quinn talk is all about money. The Raiders are going to try to get the best price for the player they will draft. Working on a contract for Quinn is a way for the Raiders to try to control the way the agents do buisness with the Raiders. If they really think that they may go for Quinn (the agents for C.J. and Russell), the Raiders are thinking that the price may come down for one of the two to assure then that they will be the #1 pick.

For the record, I have heard from many differen't sources (on ESPN) that the Quinn contract talks are just a rumor, with zero truth behind them.

camelcowboy
04-27-2007, 07:05 PM
If the Raiders don't take Russell they'll take Johnson. This Quinn talk is all about money. The Raiders are going to try to get the best price for the player they will draft. Working on a contract for Quinn is a way for the Raiders to try to control the way the agents do buisness with the Raiders. If they really think that they may go for Quinn (the agents for C.J. and Russell), the Raiders are thinking that the price may come down for one of the two to assure then that they will be the #1 pick.

For the record, I have heard from many differen't sources (on ESPN) that the Quinn contract talks are just a rumor, with zero truth behind them.

i agree but i keep hearing their coach kiffin really likes the guy. Im siked for tomorrow.

Sportsuser101
04-27-2007, 07:40 PM
If I were running the Raiders I'd take Quinn over Russell. Just think Quinn is going to be that good.

feelthepain
04-27-2007, 07:48 PM
If I were running the Raiders I'd take Quinn over Russell. Just think Quinn is going to be that good.

I think Quinn can be, it will depend on where he goes. It will be tough on any QB going to Oakland.

FlyingDutchman
04-27-2007, 07:52 PM
If Oakland takes Quinn without trading out then somebody should be fired IMO

W1DER1GHT
04-27-2007, 08:10 PM
If Oakland takes Quinn without trading out then somebody should be fired IMO

I agree 100%.