PDA

View Full Version : Clayton says Bills out of Turner race

Philagape
04-27-2007, 06:56 PM
Bills | Team out of Turner race
Fri, 27 Apr 2007 16:29:15 -0700

John Clayton, of ESPN, reports the Buffalo Bills are out of the running in acquiring San Diego Chargers RB Michael Turner.

Michael82
04-27-2007, 06:57 PM
Damn it! Come on Marv! :mad:

Philagape
04-27-2007, 06:59 PM
I bet the Chargers got a first-rounder out of it

Tatonka
that is really disappointing..

i just cant see why we wouldnt give up a first for him..

i will say this.. if we TRADE UP to get peterson, i will be disappointed.. because we could have just used the 1st rounder and not burned the extra picks and got turner who is every bit as good of an option.

W1DER1GHT
That must mean they weren't the team that offered next years #1....thank god! I really, really, like Turner a lot, but he is not worth a #1 straight up, IMO.

I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow.....I can't wait!!!:jam:

justasportsfan
04-27-2007, 07:01 PM
Willis with the first pick and the bills move back to the 1st to grab Lynch :ill:

Slim
04-27-2007, 07:02 PM
I want AP or Lynch ofcially now.

W1DER1GHT
04-27-2007, 07:02 PM
Willis with the first pick and the bills move back to the 1st to grab Lynch :ill:

You kind of beat me to it. I think Willis is as good as gone, so it makes me think that we may draft Lynch after all.

Slim
04-27-2007, 07:03 PM

Getting back into the first would pretty much cost us our draft.

W1DER1GHT
04-27-2007, 07:04 PM
Getting back into the first would pretty much cost us our draft.

Yeah, because we would have to get back into the first ahead of Green Bay at #16.

Sportsuser101
04-27-2007, 07:05 PM
We are not 1, 2 or even 3 good players away from being a playoff contender. We need to stay where we are. Let the chips fall where they may.

bigbry
04-27-2007, 07:07 PM
Turner signed a 1 yr contract with the Chargers.

BB

justasportsfan
04-27-2007, 07:08 PM
We are not 1, 2 or even 3 good players away from being a playoff contender. We need to stay where we are. Let the chips fall where they may.
that's my stance but it's fun making assumptions without popping a vein. :D

Sportsuser101
04-27-2007, 07:08 PM

BB

Yeah signed the tender. When he gets traded Turner will sign a LTC with the new team.

W1DER1GHT
04-27-2007, 07:09 PM

BB

Yeah, BUT, Turner needed to be under contract to be traded, that's why he signed the 1 year tender.

BigGabes23
04-27-2007, 07:33 PM
that is really disappointing..

i just cant see why we wouldnt give up a first for him..

i will say this.. if we TRADE UP to get peterson, i will be disappointed.. because we could have just used the 1st rounder and not burned the extra picks and got turner who is every bit as good of an option.

I really don't think Turner is anywhere close to as good as AP. I fully support the move up to get him. ILB or OLB with pick two, CB pick three, and I think it is a GREAT first day.

BigGabes23
04-27-2007, 07:34 PM
Clayton also said that the Bears have run out of time and Briggs will not move on draft day.

jcdavey
04-27-2007, 07:35 PM
sorry guys , chargers fan here, i think marv thinks he can find his own turner in the draft

good luck, i think there's some good talent at rb with leonard irons bush and even deeper

acehole
04-27-2007, 07:54 PM
How do you eliminate somebody from trade talks?...somthing is not right....first Marv postures and says it would take a mirical to take turner...so many things have to happen and now this? SD just letting Marv know through the media...he better up the anti or he is gone...nothing is over until it is over.....

RedEyE
04-27-2007, 08:02 PM
I don't believe a damn thing that Clayton says. Whose his Buffalo contact? The janitor? If Schefter reported it, I'd then believe it. Clayton makes **** up half the time.

Ickybaluky
04-27-2007, 08:02 PM
It's gotta be Green Bay that offered a first next season.

Michael82
04-27-2007, 08:06 PM
If I'm Buffalo, I would offer a swap of firsts and a late round pick right now. It's looking more and more like there won't be any of the studs left at #12, so offer a swap and the Chargers will have a high draft pick. We can move down and still have a 1st rounder and get Turner.

camelcowboy
04-27-2007, 08:07 PM
How do you eliminate somebody from trade talks?...somthing is not right....first Marv postures and says it would take a mirical to take turner...so many things have to happen and now this? SD just letting Marv know through the media...he better up the anti or he is gone...nothing is over until it is over..... Clayton is talking out of his arse. Turner hasn't been traded yet and even if someone agreed to a number one next year why hasn't it gone down. I still think the trade will happen with the bills if they can't get ap. Turner will not be traded before the draft it will happen when the bills or titans or greenbay is on the clock.

Nighthawk
04-27-2007, 08:07 PM
If Willis is gone, they must pick Lynch. Nobody there can help us immediately like he can.

Jeff1220
04-27-2007, 08:20 PM
Everything at this point is a chess move - even this. If I remember correctly, we were out of the running for Bledsoe when TD traded for him too.

acehole
04-27-2007, 09:31 PM
zacly

Everything at this point is a chess move - even this. If I remember correctly, we were out of the running for Bledsoe when TD traded for him too.

Tatonka
04-27-2007, 11:57 PM
I really don't think Turner is anywhere close to as good as AP. I fully support the move up to get him. ILB or OLB with pick two, CB pick three, and I think it is a GREAT first day.

you assume we will have two more picks left on day 1 if we move up.

jamze132
04-28-2007, 04:04 AM
I'm don beleiving any type of rumors right now. I will let the draft play itself out.

W1DER1GHT
04-28-2007, 04:10 AM
I just read this over at the Tennessee Fan Forum, posted about one hour ago. Who knows if it's true, bit if it is, the Titans are getting run over on this one.

April 28, 2007
Saturday morning 1:40 AM EST

** Our Titans insider just told Draftsharks.com the deal is "in place" for Tennessee to acquire Chargers RB Michael Turner before the draft begins today. We've been all over this one and it's finally happening. "Book it," our source said Friday evening. The Titans will reportedly part with their 2007 1st-rounder (#19) and either their 2nd-rounder (#50) or 3rd-rounder (#80) this year for the talented 237-lb back. Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt "really wants to swap out" for San Diego's late 1st-round pick at #30 instead of donating the #19, our source adds, "but it doesn't look like that will go off." This is still a good deal for both sides, barirng a last-second coup by Green Bay. Buffalo dropped out of the Turner sweepstakes two days ago.

Ickybaluky
04-28-2007, 04:56 AM
The San Diego Union Tribune (http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20070427-2023-bn27chargers.html) reports this morning:

Additionally, the Tennessee Titans are still negotiating with the Chargers but are loathe to part with a first-round pick. However, the Titans already have the parameters of a deal in place with Turner's agent, Bus Cook.

Buffalo, once the front-runner for Turner, according to sources, stopped negotiating with Cook last week when the two sides could not get close on money after numerous exchanges. Cook is asking for more than $17 million in guaranteed money in a five-year deal.

The mystery team, according to sources, is not going to work a deal with Cook up front. Instead, it will pay Turner the $2.35 million salary he is due this year and anticipate making him its franchise player in 2008, which would cost them approximately $7.5 million for that season. During that time, they will try to work a deal with Turner.

That is a scenario that goes against the conventional thinking that a team would always want to sign a player before parting with draft picks.

njsue
04-28-2007, 05:10 AM
Good let some other team over pay.

patmoran2006
04-28-2007, 06:48 AM
Good Find, NE39....

I knew that it was about money.. This guy is sickly talented and he doesnt want to be paid like a backup RB. He's a difference maker and most Front Offices around the NFL know this.

Turner's deal would put us over "cash to cap".. We shoulda known better..

I'll wait to see what SD gets for him via trade compensation before making judgement though in fairness to Buffalo.. IF SD robs them then I take my hat off to Levy and WIlson..........But if its a deal we coulda made (not 1st next year) then this Negative Nancy knows it was about Wison's dollar and will not be happy about it one bit.

It's so f'n frustration being a Bills fan this decade.

HHURRICANE
04-28-2007, 06:53 AM
I just read this over at the Tennessee Fan Forum, posted about one hour ago. Who knows if it's true, bit if it is, the Titans are getting run over on this one.

April 28, 2007

** Our Titans insider just told Draftsharks.com the deal is "in place" for Tennessee to acquire Chargers RB Michael Turner before the draft begins today. We've been all over this one and it's finally happening. "Book it," our source said Friday evening. The Titans will reportedly part with their 2007 1st-rounder (#19) and either their 2nd-rounder (#50) or 3rd-rounder (#80) this year for the talented 237-lb back. Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt "really wants to swap out" for San Diego's late 1st-round pick at #30 instead of donating the #19, our source adds, "but it doesn't look like that will go off." This is still a good deal for both sides, barirng a last-second coup by Green Bay. Buffalo dropped out of the Turner sweepstakes two days ago.

If this is correct, Camelboy is officially my *****.

Night Train
04-28-2007, 06:56 AM
So now we move on to other options. Not the end of the world. If we overpaid, many here would have been screaming. Can't have it both ways.

Leonard ? Brandon Jackson ? Pittman ? Who will be our RB at the end of the day ?

Exciting times.

patmoran2006
04-28-2007, 07:14 AM
Good points, Night.

My hope: AP or Lynch
Reality: Chris Henry or Brandon Jackson.

ddaryl
04-28-2007, 08:32 AM

April 28, 2007

who makes this stuff up...

They could have signed him for a 1st and 3rd while he was an RFA... but now there going to trade for him with a 1st and 2nd rd pick/3rd pick.

and I still don't believe any team is paying a 1st rd pick for Turner. Especially since most other RB's traded who have more pedigree have recieved significantly less compensation.

Saratoga Slim
04-28-2007, 09:40 AM
If Tennessee pays a 1st and 2nd or 3rd for Turner, they can have him. That's too much for us to part with.

I'd be willing to swallow the #12 pick, but only if Willis is off the board. And I wouldn't do more than the #12.

HAMMER
04-28-2007, 10:49 AM
We shall see, but I doubt Buffalo would make a trade w/o having a deal in place and I don't believe that has happened.