PDA

View Full Version : My Final Mock (Trades)

Sportsuser101
04-27-2007, 08:49 PM
1 Oakland Raiders - QB JaMarcus Russell - LSU

In the end scouting wins out. No QB controversary anymore.

2 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (f/Detroit) - WR Calvin Johnson - Georgia Tech

Brian Kelly and their 1st 2nd round pick and the swap of 1sts. Best player in the draft.

3 Cleveland Browns - DE Adam Carriker - Nebraska

Call it a hunch. Carriker is ideal for Clevelands 34 defense. 1st shocker.

4 Detroit Lions (f/Tampa Bay) - DE Gaines Adams - Clemson

Millen has a big sigh of relief as Commisioner Goodell says "the Cleveland Browns select defensive end.." but it's not Adams. Detroit gets the player they want and gets extra picks and Kelly.

5 Arizona Cardinals - OT Joe Thomas - Wisconsin

Arizona is very happy to grab Thomas here. He was their #2 player on their board and it took all of 2 seconds to grab Thomas.

6 Chicago Bears (f/Washington) - ILB Patrick Willis - Ole Miss

Briggs and a swap of 1sts. Bears quickly replace Briggs with the athletic Willis who will move to outside.

7 Minnesota Vikings - WR Ted Ginn Jr - Ohio State

Ginn sneaks into the top 10. Minnesota tries to trade out but a pre draft deal with San Francisco falls through when both Carriker and Willis are gone.

8 Atlanta Falcons - S Laron Landry - LSU

Atlanta is very happy with Landry lasting this long. Washington and Atlanta tried to work out a trade but Washington turned their attention to Chicago and Briggs. Atlanta gets its man anyway.

9 Miami Dolphins - QB Brady Quinn - Notre Dame

Miami lands the guy they coveted with Quinn. They now have their QB of the future.

10 Houston Texans - RB Adrian Peterson - Oklahoma

Houston takes up the entire clock and just gets the pick in. It was between Levi Brown and Peterson. Peterson wins out.

11 SF 49ers - DT Amobi Okoye - Louisville

The 49ers tried to trade up but when Willis and Carriker went early the 49ers no longer felt it was necessary to get Okoye. He is still there.

12 Buffalo Bills - CB Leon Hall - Michigan

Buffalo was hoping for Willis or Peterson instead they settle for the top corner. Hall gives the Bills much needed help at corner.

13 St Louis Rams - DT Alan Branch - Michigan

The Rams were terrible against the run and Branch will help fix that.

14 Carolina Panthers - TE Greg Olsen - Miami (FL)

A new offense will mean more of the TE. Olsen is a stud at TE.

15 Pittsburgh Steelers - CB Darrelle Revis - Pittsburgh

They take the local kid and fill a huge hole at corner.

16 Green Bay Packers - RB Marshawn Lynch - California

1 of the easier picks in the draft is Lynch to the Packers. Fills a big need.

17 Jacksonville Jaguars - DE Jamaal Anderson - Arkansas

Anderson falls all the way to 17 after possibly being a top 10 selection.

18 Dallas Cowboys (f/Cincinnati) - OT Levi Brown - Penn State

The Cowboys engineer a trade to grab a big need at OT to get ahead of the Giants. Brown slips and the Cowboys pounch. A 3rd this and next year gets it done with the swap.

19 Tennessee Titans - WR Robert Meachem - Tennessee

Another team takes a local kid. Meachem has been rising on some teams boards but still goes where most project.

20 New York Giants - OLB Jon Beason - Miami (FL)

Giants have gotten linebacker thin. They grab a great athlete in Beason here.

21 Denver Broncos - OLB Lawrence Timmons - Florida State

Denver thinks about Staley but they go linebacker.

22 Cincinnati Bengals (f/Dallas) - CB Chris Houston - Arkansas

Back to back years with cornerbacks. Houston and Joseph make an excellent young combo with incredible speed.

23 Kansas City Chiefs - OT Joe Staley - Central Michigan

That once great offensive line is getting older and retiring.

24 New England Patriots - S Reggie Nelson - Florida

A ballhawking safety Nelson is a nice value pick for the Patriots.

25 New York Jets - DE/OLB Anthony Spencer - Purdue

Ask Notre Dame how good Spencer is. A guy who is really going to make a quick impact in this league.

26 Philadelphia Eagles - S Reggie Merriweather - Miami (FL)

Lewis is gone and Dawkins is getting old. No matter how bad Miami is they continue to get 1st round picks. Merriweather makes the 3rd Miami player this year.

27 New Orleans Saints - CB Aaron Ross - Texas

The Saints need help in the secondary and even with the eventual signing of Jason David, cornerback is still a need.

28 New England Patriots - OLB Paul Posluszny - Penn State

Another good value for the Patriots. Jack Hamm called him the best linebacker to come out of Penn State.

29 Baltimore Ravens - OT Tony Ugoh - Arkansas

The 3rd Arkansas player in the 1st round. With Pashos gone and Ogden about 1 year away from retiring OT is a big need.

30 San Diego Chargers - WR Dwayne Jarrett - USC

This is the 1st USC player to be drafted. Boy how good is USC going to be with all that young talent?

31 Washington Redskins (f/Chicago) - DT Justin Harrell - Tennessee

Washington trades Patrick Willis for Lance Briggs and Justin Harrell. That'll work.

32 Indianapolis Colts - CB Marcus McCauley - Fresno State

Colts need to improve the secondary especially with the loss of Jason David.

Feel free to comment.

Dozerdog
04-27-2007, 08:53 PM
With Boldin and Fitzgerlad why would a lousy Arizona team want CJ and give up the picks?

They need defense and OLine help

Jersey1031
04-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Personally, I'd rather trade down a bit than take Hall at 12.

Dozerdog
04-27-2007, 08:54 PM
...and if Arizona swapped picks- why would they draft 2nd and 5th?

Sportsuser101
04-27-2007, 08:55 PM
With Boldin and Fitzgerlad why would a lousy Arizona team want CJ and give up the picks?

They need defense and OLine help

Edited. Just put the wrong team there. AZ fans would have been happy though 2 picks in the top 5 lol and TB would have been the 1 giving up the picks!

camelcowboy
04-27-2007, 09:06 PM
Carriker at three. Nice effort but im not a fan of that draft.

Sportsuser101
04-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Carriker at three. Nice effort but im not a fan of that draft.

If my mock was like everybody elses it would just be another mock. Gotta add some spice but call it a hunch with Carriker. :dance:

camelcowboy
04-27-2007, 09:10 PM
Situation come up and we have Jamal Anderson, and Levi Brown and Leon Hall on the board. I would cry if we took Hall.

GarnOFreak
04-27-2007, 10:46 PM
I agree with Camel....I'd rather see us grab Levi Brown to play RG/RT than Hall to compete with YouBoty.

Sportsuser101
04-28-2007, 07:16 AM
I agree with Camel....I'd rather see us grab Levi Brown to play RG/RT than Hall to compete with YouBoty.

I've been outspoken about how much I love Hall, Revis and McCauley. I would take Hall in that spot. Personally I'd rather see us grab AP or Willis but I just don't see them falling.