PDA

View Full Version : Patriots looking at Randy Moss?

Ickybaluky
04-27-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about this one:

LINK (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/04/27/SPGMEPH76G2.DTL&feed=rss.raiders)

New Raiders coach Lane Kiffin spent part of Friday trying to attract a first-day draft pick in exchange for Moss, who has not backed down from trade demands that began midway through last season.

The Green Bay Packers and New England Patriots are believed to have talked with the Raiders, but neither was willing to give up the asking price -- believed to be something as high as a second-round draft pick in today's draft.

"Nothing's been finalized," one team source said Friday, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

Bling
04-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Please trade for him. What a has been.

camelcowboy
04-27-2007, 09:03 PM
New England should just stick with their model of building through the draft. I don't like the idea of trading for him for any team.

G. Host
04-27-2007, 09:04 PM
It could not happen to a more deserving team. :D

SquishDaFish
04-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Hopefully the Pats get him hes a cancer that will rip that team apart.

Ickybaluky
04-27-2007, 10:19 PM
New England should just stick with their model of building through the draft. I don't like the idea of trading for him for any team.

The Pats have always been active trading for guys. Dillon, Starks, Davis, Gabriel, Welker. It hasn't always worked out, but they have traded for guys when they see value.

That said, I can't imagine this is true, as much for Moss' contract as anything else. Moss has big salaries, and that would have to be addressed.

dolphan117
04-27-2007, 10:28 PM
Actually I think it would make all the sense in the world for the Pats. I would hate to see him motivated knowing he is playing for a super bowl with Tom Brady throwing him the football. If anyone can keep him in line it would be the Pats.

Mr. Pink
04-27-2007, 10:44 PM
For anyone who wants to see the Pata get him or doesn't care if they do...what kind of Bills fan are you?

Brady to Moss against us? twice a year? We can't beat them now as it is....And who's gonna cover Randy for us? McGee? Youboty? Rookie? OUCH.

If they're serious on trading him, GB step it up.

Bulldog
04-27-2007, 10:53 PM
The Pats have always been active trading for guys. Dillon, Starks, Davis, Gabriel, Welker. It hasn't always worked out, but they have traded for guys when they see value.

That said, I can't imagine this is true, as much for Moss' contract as anything else. Moss has big salaries, and that would have to be addressed.

All will be well if he goes to the Pats. He'll settle for $1,000,000 a year and be happy to be a part of the Pats organization. He'll promptly put up over a 1,000 yards and settle for 21 TD's. Go figure. Did I mention that I hate the Pats lately?

evol4276
04-27-2007, 11:37 PM
not sure this really goes with their scheme of wrs the past few years.. they seem to work WONDERFULLY without huge stars for wr. Last year they had what, Gaffney, Jackson, Caldwell, Gabriel and Brown, alongside with the TE's. The year before, which the wrs were better, with branch n givens as 1 and 2, but the passing attack seemed about the same. Brady and the team roughly did about the same passing-wise, and the offense doesn't seem to rely on one main reciever, so one highclass top peir wr probably wouldnt fit in the scheme. They seem to thrive really well without one. Now for sake's saying, I still wouldnt like them to get him, just for what might turn into more misery for us. If Stallworth stays healthy more ofter, he might just be enough of a pain in the ass as he was for opponents when he was with the Eagles.

G. Host
04-28-2007, 09:57 AM
Did I mention that I hate the Pats lately?

No. tell us what you really think.
Tell us about your father. Did he love the Pats?

chernobylwraiths
04-28-2007, 10:01 AM
For anyone who wants to see the Pata get him or doesn't care if they do...what kind of Bills fan are you?

Brady to Moss against us? twice a year? We can't beat them now as it is....And who's gonna cover Randy for us? McGee? Youboty? Rookie? OUCH.

If they're serious on trading him, GB step it up.

No ****! I do NOT want him on the Pats.

RedEyE
04-28-2007, 10:38 AM
What if the Cowboys snagged him? I could see the Cowboys throwing out a 2nd rounder for Moss. Both Terry Glen and TO are up there in age. Could you imagine Romo having the option to throw to TO, Terry Glen and Randy Moss?

He's a Jerry Jones kind of guy.