• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Its 8am, and I finally know what I'm rooting for

Dear fellow BZ dysfunctional family members...Its near 8am. I am wide awake as hell, I been up since 7am. After watching the Sabres come back last night (hell ya) I tried to go right to sleep to be well rested, but couldnt fall asleep until after 2am.Regardless, I am up and am stoked. Draft day is like Christmas to big-time football fans.Anyway, I spent half the Sabres game (nuts) actually thinking about who I need to root for this team to get, and after WEEKS of going back and forth with different players-- this morning I finally decided for good (given what's going on) with the player I hope who's name is called. and it's

Here are my 6 biggest reasons..

1. No Turner: I hoped, really hoped but deep down I knew it was about money. I"ll hold off on my disdain for our FO for now, becuase I dont know what SD will ge for Turner. IF they got a first next year for him as rumored, then I take my hat off to SD, and to Marv for not getting nuts. But if its a trade like we've been discussing for weeks, I am going to be VERY angry as we had the advantage in draft position over GB and Tennessee.

2. No AP: We're NOT trading up to get AP. NOt because he's not worth it, not because it would cost us too many picks.. Because by moving up to 6th or 7th, it will cost the team significantly more money to sign him. Sorry boys and girls, but accept reality; and with this organization it's simply the way it IS.

3. Reaches: I think any LB outside of Patrick Willis is a reach and we can trade down and still get a Beason, Pos, Timmons or Harris. Reevis is projected that high on the board at CB, but I will NEVER buy into a CB with the 12th pick when youre running a defense that's 85% zone coverage. Never!!! and Leon Hall just straight up sucks!

4. Mark Kelsay: I hated his resigning then because of what he got financially, and I hate it even MORE NOW because it's screwing us today. IF things play out as semi-expected today; the BPA at 12 is probably going to be either Jamal Anderson or Adam Carriker. Either would've been a great all-around upgrade at DE over Kelsay (and to me getting better is about UPGRADING positions, not filling your holes) These guys are just as good at stopping the run as pass rushing. With Kelsay's $24 mill, Schobel- as well as Denney (very underated last year) and Hargrove resigning, we're stuck with our 4 DE's- who can ALL get after the passer but NONE can stop the run.

5. Investment in DT's: Okoye could've been a great pick. But IMO , even if he's on the board we dont him. We have 4 DT's and Marv invested heavily in McCargo and Tripplett last year. We also gave up TKO for DArwin Walker, so this club BETTER think highly of him. I dont think Okoye is on board anyway at 12 though.

6. The JP/Evans factor: Our defense is going to be weak in '06 no matter who we draft. THe offense is another story. A lot of peices are in place to have a breakout year offensively. Our Left side of OL is solid. Evans is sick.. Losman is REALLY coming on. Give this offense an all around RB threat like Lynch and the entire UNIT will be far better. A much better offense is the best way to cover up a poorous defense.

So mainly for these reasons, I hope now that Lynch is the pick.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • !Papacrunk!
    • Mar 2004

Re: Its 8am, and I finally know what I'm rooting for

it seems like a lot of players want those flashy picks. Last year you guys didn't have that flashy of a draft, but then in hindsight it has so far proved to be a very solid draft.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
      Dear fellow BZ dysfunctional family members...Its near 8am. I am wide awake as hell, I been up since 7am. After watching the Sabres come back last night (hell ya) I tried to go right to sleep to be well rested, but couldnt fall asleep until after 2am.Regardless, I am up and am stoked. Draft day is like Christmas to big-time football fans.Anyway, I spent half the Sabres game (nuts) actually thinking about who I need to root for this team to get, and after WEEKS of going back and forth with different players-- this morning I finally decided for good (given what's going on) with the player I hope who's name is called. and it's

MARSHAWN LYNCH

1. No Turner: I hoped, really hoped but deep down I knew it was about money. I"ll hold off on my disdain for our FO for now, becuase I dont know what SD will ge for Turner. IF they got a first next year for him as rumored, then I take my hat off to SD, and to Marv for not getting nuts. But if its a trade like we've been discussing for weeks, I am going to be VERY angry as we had the advantage in draft position over GB and Tennessee.

2. No AP: We're NOT trading up to get AP. NOt because he's not worth it, not because it would cost us too many picks.. Because by moving up to 6th or 7th, it will cost the team significantly more money to sign him. Sorry boys and girls, but accept reality; and with this organization it's simply the way it IS.

3. Reaches: I think any LB outside of Patrick Willis is a reach and we can trade down and still get a Beason, Pos, Timmons or Harris. Reevis is projected that high on the board at CB, but I will NEVER buy into a CB with the 12th pick when youre running a defense that's 85% zone coverage. Never!!! and Leon Hall just straight up sucks!

4. Mark Kelsay: I hated his resigning then because of what he got financially, and I hate it even MORE NOW because it's screwing us today. IF things play out as semi-expected today; the BPA at 12 is probably going to be either Jamal Anderson or Adam Carriker. Either would've been a great all-around upgrade at DE over Kelsay (and to me getting better is about UPGRADING positions, not filling your holes) These guys are just as good at stopping the run as pass rushing. With Kelsay's $24 mill, Schobel- as well as Denney (very underated last year) and Hargrove resigning, we're stuck with our 4 DE's- who can ALL get after the passer but NONE can stop the run.

5. Investment in DT's: Okoye could've been a great pick. But IMO , even if he's on the board we dont him. We have 4 DT's and Marv invested heavily in McCargo and Tripplett last year. We also gave up TKO for DArwin Walker, so this club BETTER think highly of him. I dont think Okoye is on board anyway at 12 though.

6. The JP/Evans factor: Our defense is going to be weak in '06 no matter who we draft. THe offense is another story. A lot of peices are in place to have a breakout year offensively. Our Left side of OL is solid. Evans is sick.. Losman is REALLY coming on. Give this offense an all around RB threat like Lynch and the entire UNIT will be far better. A much better offense is the best way to cover up a poorous defense.

I would absolutely LOVE that pick. But the supposed character stuff may be enough for us to skip him.

I feel strongly its a RB in round 1, and I really believe its Peterson.

Comment

• Don't Panic
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Dec 2005

In your scenario... trade down. By the way, who is Mark Kelsay? I know Mark Kelso (how could you forget that helemt!), but Mark Kelsay?

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Note-

I want Peterson.. But I am realistic/pessimistic enough to know that we're not moving up for him, not to mention the extra $$ it would cost us.

Comment

• X-Era
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
            it seems like a lot of players want those flashy picks. Last year you guys didn't have that flashy of a draft, but then in hindsight it has so far proved to be a very solid draft.
            Yes, but last year we needed a bunch of new players for the new D.

This year we need starters, but really its about 2 or 3. OLB/ILB depending on who we take, Crowell is gonna fill in the remaining spot. RB.

After that you COULD survive with Ellison as the other LB starter, and/or Youboty as our starting CB.

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Note-

I want Peterson.. But I am realistic/pessimistic enough to know that we're not moving up for him, not to mention the extra $$ it would cost us.
              Well, you are a media type, its only natural for you to be cynnical!

Your a good guy, have some faith, be optimistic if just for today.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                • Jan 2003

I wouldn't like the pick. Peterson or no RB.

Turner is far from being a proven commodity worthy of the money he is probably asking for.

Whitner was a "reach" last year too. If there is a guy they definitely want and might be "projected" later, then get him. What the hell does anyone know about these players anyways. Mike Williams (actually both of them) was projected as a sure thing. I like what I hear about Poz and I think Levy would too.

Chris Kelsay

I stated this months ago about us having plenty of DTs and then we traded for another one. I was told I didn't know what I was talking about.

We need help in plenty of areas and having RB by committee seems to be working more and more. I'm sure there will be some "surprise" cuts at RB too, but if we don't get Peterson, I'm sure we would go defense.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bwbrenton
                  By the way, who is Mark Kelsay? I know Mark Kelso (how could you forget that helemt!), but Mark Kelsay?
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

I've come around to Posluszny in the first round and Brian Leonard in the second. Both are high character, hard working guys who are not necessarily flashy, but are good, team-oriented football players.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by bwbrenton
                      In your scenario... trade down. By the way, who is Mark Kelsay? I know Mark Kelso (how could you forget that helemt!), but Mark Kelsay?
                      Ooops, I hate the dude so much I forget his name.

But in the words of the immortal "ROCK".. "It doesnt matter what your name is"!!

IN all seriousness. I think today is the day to really be pissed that we resigned the third tier DE. Because Anderson or Carriker will be on the board, and if ANderson is this year's "slip down" victim I will fume that we cant take him. I LOVE Jamaal ANderson.

Comment

• lordofgun
                        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

I dunno...I think there will be plenty of good backs available at our second pick. It all depends who's still on the board at #12 I guess.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Ed
                          • Sep 2002

You know, I'm really starting to lean towards Lynch too. If we can't get Peterson or Willis, this is the only guy that would make me excited at #12. I'd be happy with Beason too, but that's really it.

With Peterson and Willis off the board, I'll be hoping for a trade down, but if we get stuck at 12, those are the only two guys I want.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

i'm still laughing at the "Dear fellow BZ dysfunctional family members" part.
                            Originally posted by yordad
                            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                              • Jan 2003

Well, at least you aren't going to ***** about the pick.

Comment

Working...
                              X