• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PA Season Ticket Holder
    You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
    • Jul 2002

If Sam Adams keeps playing his games...

He's gonna end up like Ted Washington a couple of years ago. He turned down the Bills offer thinking he would get more money and ended up signing for far less with the Bears. Wasn't Angelo Wright his agent at the time too? History might repeat itself.

Adams will never get the demands he wants. Hell, the only teams that has looked at him is Buffalo and Cinci, and Cinci already signed Thorton.

Stick with your guns, TD. Let Adams play his games, and eventually he will be signing for LESS money then is on the table now. There is only so many salary cap $$$$$$$ to go around, and with a deep draft with DT's, Adams is playing a risky game of roulette.

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home
  • Bulldog
    Top Dog
    • Jan 2003

So is Buffalo, what if he signs with another team? Don't think you are going to draft anyone who could step in and have the impact that Adams would. If TD thought he could draft someone equal to Adams, we would not be having this conversation. After Aadms, who else is out there?
    I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• don137
      • Jul 2002

Wright represents both Big Ted and Pat Williams. He hosed Teddy a couple years ago and did the same to Adams last year

Comment

• Wys Guy
        Drew and Sam stole all my hair
        • Jul 2002

Hey, as a last resort, if it meant trading up for our 1st and 2nd or 3rd, and we could get a plug-n-play DT outta the draft, it'd be worth it. There are a ton of options out there and as much as I agree we need a DT, a poor decision for a risky player injury-wise, and lots of cash and cap tie down isn't going to make it better necessarily.

He's worth $2M/yr. Anymore than that and he's taking us for a ride. Let him struggle to find another team to play with. I think his agent thinks that b/c Williams is here that he can get whatever he wants. TD won't be pushed around as we found out recently. And getting pushed around in the Price deal would have been relatively justified, not in the Adams deal though.
        Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• ct bills fan
          • Jul 2002

He's asking for $5m/yr, Bills will end up paying him $4m, an anmount that I feel he's worth.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

yeah.. he will get 3.5 to 4..

2 million a year is robbery.. and if i was him, i wouldnt accept it.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Jul 2002

He's not worth 4 million a year in my eyes.

I'd rather trade up in the draft and grab a young impact DT and spend that much money, instead of an out of shape, money hungry injury worry DT who might give us 2 good years.

Comment

• ct bills fan
                • Jul 2002

First round DT's take time to flourish - look at Simms last year - hear much about him? Adams would have much more of an impact next year and the year after that than probably any DT drafted. The NFL is about "now", not 2 years from now - too much can happen in two years.

Comment

• venis2k1
                  Youboty can hope
                  • Jul 2002

I have nothing but faith in TD

Comment

• Jul 2002

Basically if we give Adams a big FA contract, he will prevent us from signing some of our good young players in the next couple years.

I don't know about some of you, but I'd rather re-sign Winfield, Henry, or Schoebel within the next 2 years, then paying millions to a DT that will definitely be washed up by that time.

Comment

• Bulldog
                      Top Dog
                      • Jan 2003

While I want Buffalo to sign Adams, no way is he worth $4 million a year. I would rather see Buffalo do what Wys suggested than pay Adams that kind of money. It is a tough situation, because I think there is merit to what ct bills fan is saying. The NFL is all about winning now.
                      I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• ct bills fan
                        • Jul 2002

Our salary cap situation is the next couple of years is even better than it is now (for instance $7m in dead space this year vs. $0 next year). We'll have plenty of room to sign our young players to extensions while signing Adams and a couple more FAs.

Comment

• venis2k1
                          Youboty can hope
                          • Jul 2002

Bottom line is we NEED a good DT. Back load Adams contract and get rid of him when he is washed up.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

signing adams to a 2-3 year 3.5 mill a year deal will not in any way effect us keeping wini, henry, and schobel..
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Jul 2002

He won't be stupid enough to sign a backloaded contract again. He did that with the Raiders last year, and he never saw a dime of it. He played for like 750k last year, plus whatever his bonus was.

Comment

Working...
                              X