PDA

View Full Version : Kingsbury: Setting the record straight

PA Season Ticket Holder
03-12-2003, 03:32 PM
March 12, 2003) -- Every time quarterback Kliff Kingsbury resets a passing mark, it sounds like a broken record.

Seventy-two of them to be exact.

Kingsbury thrived in a pass-happy offense at Texas Tech and pretty much wrote the record books himself. The breakdown is as follows: 39 school records, 16 Big 12 Conference records and 17 NCAA records. He has completed more passes (1,231) than anyone else in Division I history, and no one has ever had a lower interception ratio (2.1 percent) with at least 400 completions.

The most prolific passer in the history of the prestigious Big 12 is ready to take his show to the next level. The Texas native has spent four years in two different offensive systems for the Red Raiders, and he feels the experience gained will take him to the NFL. Kingsbury simply put it, "I'm just happy to get the opportunity and I want to show everyone what I can do when I get there."

Growing up in New Braunfels, Texas, a town of about 40,000 people just 48 miles south of Austin, Kingsbury was a University of Texas Longhorns fan -- as was just about everyone else in the area. But the 6-foot-3, 213-pound Kingsbury was not highly recruited and he was too stubborn to leave the state. The UTs and Texas A&Ms would not be in the cards. He did take one recruiting visit to Mississippi State, but it was the Lone Star State or bust. If it weren't for Texas Tech, a junior college would likely have been the answer.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/6246919

TigerJ
03-12-2003, 08:56 PM
Are you saying the Bills ought to draft him? Kingsbury's problem is has has no arm strength. He was a system QB in college and thrived in a dink and dunk offence. He might be able to survive in the NFL in a WCO, but his success in college will not carry over into the pros.

DraftBoy
03-12-2003, 09:39 PM
I like Ken Dorsey to be perfectly honest, he had a great day at the Miami pro day.

TigerJ
03-13-2003, 09:47 AM
BTW, Kingsbury could do nothing in the showcase bowl games (Senior Bowl, Hula Bowl etc. - whichever ones he played in-I can't recall which they were).