X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saratoga Slim
    • Jul 2005

turner hasn't been traded yet

Tennessee didn't bite on a trade for Turner for this year's first either. I'm interested in what's going on with that guy. Is Turner asking for unrealistic money? is San Diego looking for more than a 1st? do Tenny and Buffalo not think Turner is a true franchise back?
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: turner hasn't been traded yet

Who cares about Turner anymore? We've got Marshawn!

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

SD was asking to much. No suprise he's still there

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
        Maybe?
        • Oct 2003

I bet he got greedy but I still think he's worth it....some team is going to get a special back....just not us.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
          Who cares about Turner anymore? We've got Marshawn!
          I agree, I've moved on. Just curious, and frankly, happy that Tennessee didn't do the deal either b/c it reinforces the fact that Marv didn't give up too easily or for reasons of "cheapness". Either San Diego or Michael Turner was clearly asking for too much.
          Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

Phil Savage can save this disaster of a draft partially by trading their third to the Chargers for Turner. Without a 1 next year, and Jamal Lewis only inked to a one year deal, there's gonna be a HUGE hole at RB.

Comment

• Devin
              The Octagon
              • Apr 2003

Good AJ Smith can get bent, I hope he doesnt get a dime for Turner.

Greedy *****.
              http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• lordofgun
                in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

I'd still give him a 3rd this and next year for Turner.

Turner and Lynch

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Aug 2004

I think it was a combination of SD not being willing to take less because they figure that Turner gives them good insurance this year, Tennessee not being willing to meet SD's price, and Turner wanting more from Buffalo than he was willing to take from the Titans.

I think the Bills might have been able to make a deal with SD, but not with Turner, who wants to go to Tennessee, but the Titans aren't willing to pay what SD wants. A typical "Huis Clos" (:No Exit" by JP Sartre) scenario.
                  Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                    Phil Savage can save this disaster of a draft partially by trading their third to the Chargers for Turner. Without a 1 next year, and Jamal Lewis only inked to a one year deal, there's gonna be a HUGE hole at RB.

How is this a disater of a draft? I think its an excellent Cleveland draft.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• don137
                      • Jul 2002

To not take next year's first I thought was crazy. Always great talent in round 1...Their loss I guess..

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                        • Jun 2005

Great draft by Cleveland so far I think

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          How is this a disater of a draft? I think its an excellent Cleveland draft.
                          Drafted a tackle at number 3 that was completely unnecessary. Already having Ryan Tucker and Kevin Schaeffer along with the talk of maybe moving Steinbach to tackle as well. Leaving a franchise RB on the board when you have an aging Jamal Lewis, only on a one year deal, is a huge error...especially when you factor in the fact they traded away next years' number 1.

Then trading away your 2nd this year and a 1st next year to ensure you're not using the draft to pick a top talent RB to replace Jamal to start the 2008 season, while Jerome Harrison and James Wright are your backups.

And getting a bum QB for that trade of draft picks...one which is gonna end up being a top 5 pick next year, so Dallas can go draft McFadden if they want. Quinn sure as hell looks great against the Air Forces' and Navys' of the notre dame usual cupcake schedule but then completely sucks against the Michigans' and LSUs'. Problem is at the NFL level, no one is as bad as even Michigan or LSU. How one expects a college QB who disappears against good college teams to do well against pro teams is beyond me. There's a reason he fell to 22nd overall. Much like Rodgers did a few years back.

Quinn is gonna run into a team like Baltimore where he's gonna throw 5 picks. After the blitz and confuse the hell out of him and have an excellent secondary on top of it. Meanwhile they're gonna be left looking at another 4-12 season and bringing in a new HC and/or GM next year without a first round pick to choose a top talent guy.

It's the same old BS in Cleveland since expansion. GM + HC not knowing wtf they're doing and stuck in rebuilding mode since 1999 with one bright spot season.

As Mel Kiper once said about a different team...."there's a reason the Browns are drafting in the top 5 year after year, they have no clue what the NFL draft is about."

Comment

Working...
                          X