X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

pats sign another safety.. rofl..

Patriots | Akins Signed - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
    14:57 PT: Patriots.com reports the New England Patriots have signed free agent S Chris Akins (Browns). Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Akins could also provide special teams support should recent speculation on the trade or de-franchising of S Tebucky Jones happen.

maybe they are gonna play a 4 safety defense? :wink:
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

Damn T,
    You beat me to it... It looks like the Pats are going to part ways with T.Jones... Now if only the 'aints don't trade a 1st rounder for him, we might have a chance.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

it would be so gay for the aints to give up a friggin first rounder to a team that already has 2... for a damn safety.. i would be so irked..

would be sweet to have 3 first rounders though.. no question.. talk about setting yourself up for the future.

i just can NOT see any team doing that..
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• PA Season Ticket Holder
        You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
        • Jul 2002

Christ they might have 3 1st round picks. How the hell could they afford that?

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home

Comment

• Ð
          1-800-SAD-GOAT
          • Jul 2002

Last edited by Ð; 03-12-2003, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• Ingtar33
            Dances With Buffaloes
            • Sep 2002

Actually I was wondering how they could afford any of this... seeing as they were only 2mil under the cap before they signed colvin
            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

they cheat

Comment

• lunatic_bills_fan
                • Oct 2002

I think its time for Clump to step in and explain to us how this mirage of signings from the patsies has taken place, with a less than attractive cap situation.

Comment

• Fat Tony
                  • Sep 2002

Would Tebuckey Jones be worth our 1st rounder?

Comment

• Ingtar33
                    Dances With Buffaloes
                    • Sep 2002

no...

But he'd be better than Prioleau

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Buffarama
                      Football-Sport of the Gods
                      • Jul 2002

They're doing what TD doesn't want to do, mortgaging the future.

Comment

• Doc
                        • Dec 2002

They have effectively lost all leverage WRT trying to trade Jones. Furthermore, I think that Jones is probably outpricing himself as he wants to "set the standard" for FS's, and seeing as how SB MVP Dexter Jackson just signed a deal paying him almost $3M a year, you can bet your bottom dollar he wants at least that. That is probably why you see the rash of S signings with the Pats, that and because other teams were ready to sign Harrison, who is a SS only, and in decline.

Comment

• itsandthings
                          • Sep 2002

Akins was signed for ST. He was a ST captain on Cleveland last year and had 25 ST tackles.

The Pats are looking for a 2nd for Jones, New Orleans is offering a 3rd. It likely will happen sometime before the draft, but the 1st proved to be a fantasy.

Harrison played injured last year, but he isn't washed up. At 30 years old, there is some tread left on those tires. Him and Milloy at S are a fearsome combination, especially given the Pats defensive coaches know how to take advantage of good players.

Comment

• Demon
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Fat Tony
                            Would Tebuckey Jones be worth our 1st rounder?
                            I heard he would. New Orleans is offering their #1 i heard.

From what i heard they would trade 2 of their 3 firsts and maybe a middle rounder to a top 5 team and select Andre Johnson from Miami as WR and then select a DE with the 3rd first rounder.
                            Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

Working...
                            X