X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Ingtar

I would like to get your opinion with regards to Lebeau being able to help our O against Belichicks D. Belichick is obviously a defensive genius. How would you compare both coaches in terms of defesive smarts?
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

Well... listen, coaching isn't so much something about genius, at least not in the sense that you mean it.

The mark of a good coach is how well he trains his player to react when the ***** hits the fan... it is in how well he studies his opposition’s tendencies, and gets his players leaning in the right direction. There are no surprises for coaches in the NFL. Nothing BB does is much of a surprise to anyone (scheme wise), with the possible exception of the 'stand around D.' What BB does is prepare his D fabulously, and gets into the minds of opposing coaches. That is his genius.

I doubt that there is anything that Lebeau could tell Gilbride about what to do with BB, than what Gilbride already knows. Part of our difficulty in facing the pats last year was our defense couldn't even slow down Weiss’s offense. Usually our O would get the ball for the 2nd time in the game and be looking at a 14point hole. Under those circumstances the advantage is always with the defense.

What Lebeau could possibly help us do, however, is modernize the 46 into something for this new millennium... seeing as the 46 we currently run is relatively unchanged from the Bears of 1985.

All you can do to beat a guy like BB, is prepare your squad to execute your schemes better. That way all the smoke and mirrors he likes to use are reduced to what they are, and it becomes a talent on talent battle. Something I think the Bills can win.
    Last edited by Ingtar33; 03-12-2003, 06:33 PM.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

how bout next time we play the pats.. i distract BB and someone throws some wys wing sauce in his grill?
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Romes
        • Jul 2002

That brings up an interesting point. I wonder how LeBeau will fit into defensive game planning. Is this a sign the Bills are getting away from the 46 Defense? Are they now gonna try more of a zone-blitz type style? Man I can't wait till the season.
        Originally posted by paladin warrior
        RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• casdhf
          • Jul 2002

Why doesnt anyone start a thread with my name in it?
          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• lordofgun
            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

You ought to start charging $$$ for all these questions, Ingtar.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Ingtar33
              Dances With Buffaloes
              • Sep 2002

Or change my user name to "the Oracle" or something to that effect... I doubt the Oracle of Delphi ever got this much attention
              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Thanks Ingtar. It's just that we've been badly beaten when the game becomes a chess match on game day. Obviously, game planning against the Pats didn't work for the bills. BB's gameday surprises left Drew, Gilbride and GW guessing what BB was trying to pull. Even GW said he's seen BB defensive shemes and yet there wasn't a thing our O could do.

It would be nice if DL could help Gilbride counter certain defensive formations thrown to Drew by BB or other coaches for that matter at the line of scrimmage. It's obvious that DL will be a huge help in gameplanning but our coaches seem to be outmatched/outsmarted on gameday.
                sacrifice1

Comment

• Ingtar33
                  Dances With Buffaloes
                  • Sep 2002

Don't get too down... BB had an advantage we did not, his D had been playing with him for their 3rd season last year... it takes a while to get your units operating at peak efficiency, and last year was Gilbride's first with the offense. Let’s see if the additional time together helps our execution some this year.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• XNOUGHT
                    • Mar 2003

neighborhood Pats fans wants to throw some input from the enemy side.

Belichick is a planner. Always has things planned out.

If you noticed, he is a genius on PASS DEFENSE and such.

Look at how he slapped down the Rams, Steelers, Vinny led Jets, Phins, and Colts.

He romps teams that pass more often then not. I will say this, the first game Bledsoe had a good day and we really didn't stop him. 300 passing yards a td and an int are good numbers. The second game was what Belichick usually does.

You guys passed, and the Pats D is built to stop the pass.

Titans, Broncoes, Chargers, Phins, and Green Bay ran all over the Pats.

If our offense didn't put you guys in a hole, then Travis Henry would have ran for plus 200 yards.

That probebly wont happen again this year with the addition of Spikes, and a pass rush.

I am pretty confident the Bills/Pats rivalry will be much closer this coming season with probebly a split.

Defense wins championships, if the Defense comes to play, then you guys should do pretty well. Put the pressure on us.........
                    I'm lost.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Good post !
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

WOW a sincere, knowledgable, modest and open-minded Pats fan.

Now I've seen it all.

Comment

Working...
                        X