PDA

View Full Version : Ruff Fined for Gross Misconduct penalty

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-28-2007, 05:59 PM
Buffalo Sabres head coach Lindy Ruff confirmed on Saturday that he has been fined an undisclosed amount by the NHL for his gross misconduct penalty, which took place just after Friday's Game Two win over the New York Rangers.

Ruff directed his tirade at the on-ice officials. He felt that they missed two calls late in the game, including too many men on the ice and an offsides infraction.
http://www.wgr550.com/sabres/fullstory.php?id=2351

BlackMetalNinja
04-28-2007, 06:12 PM
That offsides right at the end of the game was clear as day and they did miss it... I figured that's why Ruff flew off the handle at the end of the game.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-28-2007, 06:19 PM
That offsides right at the end of the game was clear as day and they did miss it... I figured that's why Ruff flew off the handle at the end of the game.

the news WGRZ Ch 2 @ 6:00 here showed what he did he chucked a waterbottle on the ground behind the bench and he threw a towel into the stands. Now how is that gross?

chernobylwraiths
04-28-2007, 06:27 PM
the news WGRZ Ch 2 @ 6:00 here showed what he did he chucked a waterbottle on the ground behind the bench and he threw a towel into the stands. Now how is that gross?

And the only thing he said about the officials after the game was that he thought they missed an offsides call on one of their goals. He even went as far as to say that those calls happen at the end of the game (regarding Briere's crosscheck).

SkateZilla
04-28-2007, 06:32 PM
According to the Rules, its an Automatic $200 Fine.. so..

NHL RuleBook:

# The Referee may impose a "GROSS MISCONDUCT" penalty on any player, Manager, Coach or Trainer who is guilty of gross misconduct of any kind. Any person incurring a "gross misconduct" penalty shall be suspended for the balance of the game and shall incur an automatic fine of two hundred dollars ($200) and the case shall be referred to the Commissioner of the League for further disciplinary action.

(NOTE) For all game misconduct and gross misconduct penalties regardless of when imposed, a total of ten minutes shall be charged in the records against the offending player.

SabreEleven
04-28-2007, 06:40 PM
The referee's and linesman should be fined for Gross Misconduct of Sucking.

chernobylwraiths
04-28-2007, 06:59 PM
The ref put his hand on Lindy and grabbed his hand. He should sue!

OpIv37
04-28-2007, 08:14 PM
this is a load of crap. Hockey is a game played on adrenaline and emotion and it goes all the way up to the coach. The ****ing refs miss 2-3 crucial calls in the waning minutes of a close playoff game- all 3 in NY's favor- and RUFF gets fined for chastising them? Seems to me they should be fined for doing a terrible job.

IMO that penalty on Briere was BS to begin with. I don't know how they can call that **** when they didn't call Avery for punching Briere in the face BEFORE the puck was dropped on that one face-off.

SABURZFAN
04-28-2007, 08:32 PM
that's bull****.ruff had every right to be pissed. :down: