PDA

View Full Version : Fins snag Beck

YardRat
04-28-2007, 06:08 PM
Good pick....Miami may have just gotten their QB. I actually like him better than Quinn.

Mr. Pink
04-28-2007, 06:08 PM
Beck is a nice pick here for Miami, I'll give them some props.

SquishDaFish
04-28-2007, 06:11 PM
He wont be better then Quinn

feelthepain
04-28-2007, 06:12 PM
I like the pick too, lots of upside.

LtFinFan66
04-28-2007, 06:13 PM
:clap:

Mr. Pink
04-28-2007, 06:13 PM
I wouldn't go with lots of upside...remember Beck will be 26 by opening day, so what you see is what you get with him. But he's more mature than the other signal callers and does have the physical tools.

!Papacrunk!
04-28-2007, 06:15 PM
First and foremost I want to bring up something I've seen on this board time and time again:good character. IN REGARDS TO THE 26 AGE: John Beck being a 26 year old rookie from BYU, I'm impressed that he spent 3 years as other kids were partying doing mission work. He'll have his work cut out for him in the Miami area lol.

Cameron and co. had done quite a bit of work researching Beck and Stanton and I Beck's the guy. I need to read up on before I can really give any kind of opinion on him. Not looking for a cookie or a gold medal, but I did say that if we didn't go QB at #9 we'd take a QB w/ our 2nd round pick.

HHURRICANE
04-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Picking a QB is a crap shoot however this kid played against mediocre competition and isn't that big.

Brady Quinn played in a Pro-style offense. He was worth the risk especially if you needed a QB.

!Papacrunk!
04-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Picking a QB is a crap shoot however this kid played against mediocre competition and isn't that big.

Brady Quinn played in a Pro-style offense. He was worth the risk especially if you needed a QB.

I like Wikipedia too!!!!

feelthepain
04-28-2007, 06:18 PM
I wouldn't go with lots of upside...remember Beck will be 26 by opening day, so what you see is what you get with him. But he's more mature than the other signal callers and does have the physical tools.

Very accurate, very smart, can make all the throws...lots of upside.

G. Host
04-28-2007, 06:20 PM
First and foremost I want to bring up something I've seen on this board time and time again:good character. IN REGARDS TO THE 26 AGE: John Beck being a 26 year old rookie from BYU, I'm impressed that he spent 3 years as other kids were partying doing mission work. He'll have his work cut out for him in the Miami area lol.

Do you think Denney will take it easy on him because he is fellow good BYU guy?
I do think the Dolphins need less guys in orange jump suits on their team.

feelthepain
04-28-2007, 06:21 PM

Didn't other very successful BYU QB's play against medioce competition??

SABURZFAN
04-28-2007, 06:21 PM
great pick by the Fish.

Mr. Pink
04-28-2007, 06:22 PM
Great now we get to watch FTP compare Beck to Steve Young for the rest of the year!

feelthepain
04-28-2007, 06:30 PM
Great now we get to watch FTP compare Beck to Steve Young for the rest of the year!

Oh, so I ask if other successful NFL QB's played "weaker" competition in college and Im calling Beck the next Steve Young?? Whatever man, my point was you don't hear anyone using that argument with McMahon, Young or Detmer, why bring it up about Beck, you're just looking for excuses to knock the pick. You act as if the college a player plays for will determine there success in the NFL.

Mr. Pink
04-28-2007, 06:33 PM
I wasn't knocking the pick, learn to comprehend. I said it was a nice pick for them. Not much upside though because he's pretty much as his ceiling. Generally 26 years old don't offer more than what they've already shown. He has smarts, maturity-higher than any other signal caller in this draft and the physical tools. Doesn't mean he's gonna be McMahon or Young either. For your sake hope he doesn't turn into career journeyman Detmer.

YardRat
04-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Just from the competition's standpoint, I would have rather seen Miami blow their first pick on Quinn than snag Beck and Ginn with their first two picks.

feelthepain
04-28-2007, 06:36 PM
I wasn't knocking the pick, learn to comprehend. I said it was a nice pick for them. Not much upside though because he's pretty much as his ceiling. Generally 26 years old don't offer more than what they've already shown. He has smarts, maturity-higher than any other signal caller in this draft and the physical tools. Doesn't mean he's gonna be McMahon or Young either. For your sake hope he doesn't turn into career journeyman Detmer.

K well ,since you say so it must me so. He has no future cause he's old!!