PDA

View Full Version : Response to the Pats active Free Agency

XNOUGHT
03-12-2003, 07:04 PM
:hammer:

Pats fan here.

I want to speak about about the Patriots new interest in free agency.

The Pats do this every year. They bring in APPROX 12-14 free agents every season. The Pats activly use free agency to fix holes and such.

However, the Colvin signing signals that Pats changing focus to get young.

It may be Milloy that is traded. No, I am not crazy, but this guy is a pro-bowler, leader, and ......is getting up there in age.

Milloy once said, Tebucky is the secret reason why the defense works. The only reason his play was inconsistant was because he has played CB before and was finnally moved to S. He is starting to get the hang of not being in active coverage.

Milloy is even bigger bait. We would surely get a first rounder, and would get rid of an older player.

That is why we got Rodney Harrison. Harrison is a big hitter like Milloy, and not as hyped. Rodney also is a leader and a tough hard nosed player that wall do an excellent job stopping the run.

The Pats want to get young because they want to be competetive the next couple years. They right now feel the defense needs to be completely reworked and feel the offense is fine and can be upgraded next season.

Are the Pats morgaging the future???? Yes, they will get rid of the likes of McGinst, Ted Johnson, Otis Smith, Terrell Buckley, and such very soon. Get young now and stay young.

Just my two cents. This is from a Pats fan who has heard alot of rumblings lately.

Doc
03-12-2003, 07:14 PM
Your "the Pats are trying to get young" thing doesn't completely wash. While Colvin IS young, Harrison is on the wrong side of 30, and he's been in stready decline for years. He's a step-down from Jones, if that's where they're going to play him, because he's a SS. His acquisition should kill any leverage the Pats had in trying to trade Jones for a 1st rounder, and I'll bet you anything the Pats don't get a 1st rounder for Milloy, since no one trades SS's for 1st round picks (QB's, WR's, and DE's yes, but not SS's).

BambinoSux
03-12-2003, 07:27 PM
Milloy is going nowhere this year. The cap hit would be astronomical. Bigger than Sehorn's I believe. There is no way he's not a Patriot next year. As I said before, I've from Boston and I've watched every Pats game since Belichick has been coach. The LBs besides Colvin just aren't as good as they're made out to be. Vrabel, Bruschi, and Phifer are all average players, and they're gonna get exposed. This is wheer Belichick's ego hurts him. He's too stubborn to sit "his guys" to get a "sexy" name FA. They may have signed Colvin but they need more help at LB and as good as two first rounders are, none well make a Pro-Bowl caliber impact for a few years. Plus the offense will continue to decline if they don't add anybody.

Tatonka
03-12-2003, 11:40 PM
at a minimum the pats should pick up 2 more impact players at 14 and 19.. or trade both to move up and grab a monster.. we shall see.. i almost would rather they move up and get kennedy.. then have him turn out to be like courtney brown :D

venis2k1
03-13-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i almost would rather they move up and get kennedy

I sure hope not, Kennedy is a STUD:horse: