• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Poz at 12...

would have been ****ing moronic.

Poz at 34 is a steal, even if it meant giving up a pick. We used our two draft picks on our two biggest needs.

I still have my doubts on whether Poz will be able to step in and play well from Game 1, but I suspect he'll be a solid player for us once he makes the adjustment.

For the first two picks, I'd give Marv an A- (it would have been nice to give up the later 3rd round pick so he loses a few points, but that's a minor complaint). We got the guys we wanted, and Marv was patient and didn't sell his soul to get back into the first round for a player he could get in the early second.

For the 3rd pick, I'd like to see LB depth, CB depth, potential #2 WR or a real TE- depends who's left on the board.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Poz at 12...

Marv got us 2 guys with hearts and gamers. I couldn't be much happier.

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

HOLY TESTICLE TUESDAY! Op likes something Buffalo Bills related! Marv, you rock!

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

Wouldas and couldas don't matter anymore. We got the best scenario possible.
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
          Marv got us 2 guys with hearts and gamers. I couldn't be much happier.
          I agree. Both players have tons of heart and desire. Exactly opposite to McGahee.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
            HOLY TESTICLE TUESDAY! Op likes something Buffalo Bills related! Marv, you rock!
            I always ***** about the negative stuff- it's only fair to draw attention to the positive stuff too. I would have preferred to get Patrick Willis but I'm not going to blame Marv for something completely out of his control. As far as I'm concerned, he did pretty much the best possible job he could given the team's needs and the way the other picks fell.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
              • Apr 2005

OP this almost brings a tear to my eye

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                would have been ****ing moronic.

Poz at 34 is a steal, even if it meant giving up a pick. We used our two draft picks on our two biggest needs.

I still have my doubts on whether Poz will be able to step in and play well from Game 1, but I suspect he'll be a solid player for us once he makes the adjustment.

For the first two picks, I'd give Marv an A- (it would have been nice to give up the later 3rd round pick so he loses a few points, but that's a minor complaint). We got the guys we wanted, and Marv was patient and didn't sell his soul to get back into the first round for a player he could get in the early second.

For the 3rd pick, I'd like to see LB depth, CB depth, potential #2 WR or a real TE- depends who's left on the board.
                100% agreed. We were obviously ready to trade back into the 1st and get him, but getting rejected until Detroit seems to have been a blessing in disguise. I could potentially give this 1st day a full A, depending on what we do w/ the pivotal late 3rd we have.
                "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Billscusey
                  • Nov 2004

Yeah, I would have to say Marv did an excellent job today. I was one of those few people who would have been satisfied with the Bills taking Poz with their first round pick (even if he was a reach) simply because I think he is going to be a great fit for this team (and cuz I am a Penn State guy!), but to get what sounds like a great RB, AND still get Poz, well that's just genius! Thanks Marv!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    I always ***** about the negative stuff- it's only fair to draw attention to the positive stuff too. I would have preferred to get Patrick Willis but I'm not going to blame Marv for something completely out of his control. As far as I'm concerned, he did pretty much the best possible job he could given the team's needs and the way the other picks fell.
                    Well said man, well said.

Comment

Working...
                    X