PDA

View Full Version : Due all of the trades the draft will be very long tonight

G. Host
04-28-2007, 09:22 PM
20 picks tonight * 15 minutes allowed = 5 more hours for just tonight. This could be even longer if there are more trades.

Sorry but I am not staying up to see who Bills pick in third. Fortunately Marv has a lot more endurance than me!

OpIv37
04-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Fortunately Marv has a lot more endurance than me!

Ahhh, the power of Centrum Silver.

http://www.cljhealth.com/CentrumSilver1.gif

Bling
04-28-2007, 09:25 PM
I thought 2nd and 3rd round picks were only 10 minutes?

Pride
04-28-2007, 09:26 PM
Ummm, when there is a trade, doesn't the team have to pick within the same window of time as the original team?

G. Host
04-28-2007, 09:27 PM
Normally I'd have no trouble but I have been staying up almost every night for the mock draft. I am covering my Macaw and trying to sleep in tomorrow. Maybe Marv will trade our third round pick for a pair of 4th round picks and a future pick so I will not miss anything.

G. Host
04-28-2007, 09:28 PM
Ummm, when there is a trade, doesn't the team have to pick within the same window of time as the original team?

Nope. The new team gets fresh legs; there have been trades in last minute before. I wondered if the NFL would be suspicious if two teams traded the same pick back and forth :)

Devin
04-28-2007, 09:37 PM
The window is not reset they still have to pick in the allotted time.

The 3rd round is only like 5 min a pick.

G. Host
04-28-2007, 09:50 PM
The window is not reset they still have to pick in the allotted time.

The 3rd round is only like 5 min a pick.

Really? Do they enforce the rules for one draft I remember them getting a call and at podium that the draft pick was traded just before the pick was due and did not hear from the new team for almost 10 minutes.

You are right that round 2 is 10 minutes per pick and round 3-7 is 5 minutes per pick.

We have only 15 minutes before our pick.

Bling
04-28-2007, 09:53 PM
Really? Do they enforce the rules for one draft I remember them getting a call and at podium that the draft pick was traded just before the pick was due and did not hear from the new team for almost 10 minutes.

You are right that round 2 is 10 minutes per pick and round 3-7 is 5 minutes per pick.

We have only 15 minutes before our pick.

In round 1, it stays the same. It looked like it round 2 too.

What you are seeing is that the clock stops on ESPN and it looks like no man's time (when that happens, it's actually ticking away at the team after). The card is in but Goodell and ESPN aren't processing it. I don't think there's new time.