PDA

View Full Version : Grade day 1 for the Bills

lordofgun
04-28-2007, 10:23 PM
How would you grade Lynch, Pos, and Edwards?

And please, no meatheads.

Mr. Miyagi
04-28-2007, 10:27 PM
Lynch and Poz and a 1st/2nd round QB in late 3rd. Trade bait, insurance, or competition, it's worth it any way you see it.

gr8slayer
04-28-2007, 10:28 PM
I got the two guys I wanted (Posluszny and Lynch) I am a happy Bills fan.

A

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-28-2007, 10:29 PM
great first two selections... qb is too confusing to understand

Jersey1031
04-28-2007, 10:32 PM
great first two selections... qb is too confusing to understand

I concur, A-

I want a LB & WR still... [maybe CB]

Dr. Lecter
04-28-2007, 10:32 PM
B+

No A because of giving up a little more for Pz than needed. I am split on Edwards, but he was likely the BPA.

Mr. Cynical
04-28-2007, 10:33 PM
Lynch: C+
Pos: B+
Edwards: D

Avg: C+

kgun12
04-28-2007, 10:33 PM
It would have been ok til the Edwards pick! We had a lot of whole to fill and QB wasn't one of them! Like I said on another thread, worse pick since McGahee and for the same reason.

gr8slayer
04-28-2007, 10:34 PM
It would have been ok til the Edwards pick! We had a lot of whole to fill and QB wasn't one of them! Like I said on another thread, worse pick since McGahee and for the same reason.
Siler would have been nice.

Meathead
04-28-2007, 10:35 PM
hey!

kgun12
04-28-2007, 10:36 PM

CB, OT, WR, would have been nice also!

Dr. Lecter
04-28-2007, 10:36 PM

3rd round is not the place to draft for need. At that point it is BPA.

A 3rd pick can't worse than a 1st as you getting close to the crap shoot area.

Philagape
04-28-2007, 10:38 PM
I'm still happy over the Lynch/Poz combo, and not even Edwards can ruin that for me. But he did knock it from an A to a B+

LifetimeBillsFan
04-28-2007, 10:39 PM
It's tough to argue with getting two quality players at two positions of need who are likely to be starting or playing significant minutes a third of the way into their rookie seasons with your first two picks. And, then, getting good "value" picking a player at a position where the team is thin and is in need of depth. If they had been able to do that with just 3 picks, it would have been an A++ day, but that was unrealistic. Having to give up the first of their third round picks to move up to get Posluzny instead of their second 3rd rounder drops the grade down to an A or just below. I take it down to an A- because I don't see adding depth at QB this high up in the draft as being as pressing a need as adding depth/potential significant contributors at CB, LB, TE and/or WR for this Bills team, even though they probably got as much or more "value" with this pick as they might have at any other position that I rate as a bigger need.

Still, it is hard for me to see it as being any less than an A- grade based on need, value and quality of the talent acquired.

kgun12
3rd round is not the place to draft for need. At that point it is BPA.

A 3rd pick can't worse than a 1st as you getting close to the crap shoot area.

I don't agree, many starter come from the 3rd round on! This was horrible, wreaked my whole day!

Philagape
I want third-round picks to have major contributions and compete for starting jobs. The only way this pick is justified is if Edwards becomes the starter someday.

Devin
04-28-2007, 10:41 PM
We got Lynch AND Poz. Marv could have drafted a friggin kicker round 3 and he still gets an A.

Marshawn Lynch
04-28-2007, 10:42 PM
I give it an A. We filled needs at RB,LB and grabbed a great young QB that can either result in a draft pick in the future (trade ala Matt Schaub) or being a Pro Bowl QB. I love that Marv and Co. wanted to bring in thier own QB and not settle for the old regime's pick.

LtFinFan66
04-28-2007, 10:44 PM
I gave you an A-. The - simply because I am a Fin Fan and i can

spacecowboy
04-28-2007, 11:00 PM
I gave an "A", I think that may have been because I was waiting for some major dissapointment. Overall I'm alittle more excited about the season than I was a couple of months ago.

Dozerdog
04-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Siler is still available and 12 picks away

BADTHINGSMAN
04-28-2007, 11:07 PM
A- Stud RB and LB.. QB is confusing but it pushes Losman and thats not a bad thing..

SABURZFAN
04-29-2007, 12:25 AM
1st round- B
2nd round- C
3rd round- A

Michael82
04-29-2007, 01:00 AM
It was an A+ because of Lynch and Poz, but then the Edwards pick bumped it down to a B+. I just understand it at all. There were wayyy too many other players that would make immediate impacts. Edwards won't make anything close to an immediate impact, at least he better not. Losman is the starter and will be a star. Just let him show his stuff this year.

GarnOFreak
04-29-2007, 01:07 AM
1st-B+ Most folks thought he would slide, possibly out of the 1st even. We passed on the Cleveland trade when we could have gotten a 1st(which will be a single digit 1st next year) plus another second this year which would have been Poz(plus 43, 74 and 92). Still Marshawn is an upgrade over Willis already. Let's hope people 5 years from now wonder why 11 teams were too stupid to pick him before us.

2nd-A+ He was a mid to late 1st rounder we got in the early second round. He was a bargain at the place we took him and will help a LB core that needs two starters to be found right away. I had hoped he'd be our first pick, couldn't be happier to get him cheaper.

3rd-A- I have no idea what some other teams were thinking passing on this guy (no pun intended). He should have been off the board before the close of the second round. In a year or two we will be fielding trade offers for him, just like Atlanta with Matt Schaub. Just like JP he is used to having to carry a team on his back all year long. That tells me he's got heart.

Final Day 1 grade: A

Mudflap1
04-29-2007, 01:33 AM
Lynch - B+
Posluszny - B- (would have been higher if the second pick traded wasn't as high as it was)
Edwards - F (guy blows -- I've seen him play for four years)

Overall: C-

Jon

Tinboy
04-29-2007, 01:43 AM
I say B+ if we could have got a WR in the 3rd then I would say A, but now B+

kernowboy
04-29-2007, 02:37 AM
I think has been a good draft. I'm not totally sold on Lynch but accept we really need a RB - I would have liked to have waited to 2008 and drafted Leonard this year but hey Marshawn Lynch is now our RB and I think he will have more class in his little toe than Willis ... Grade B+

Posluzny is a huge pickup. I would have been disappointed but would have lived with him at 12 so to be clever to move up and grab is superb. We have our SLB and a leader on the defence ... Grade A+

I was stunned when I saw this but agree with Dr Lecter = BPA. I've heard rubbish that it is a pick that shows Ralph's tightness of wallet but consider this.

a) If we draft a DL or LB, they would initially be for depth
b) Drafting someone like Allison here means there's no guarentee he'd be a starter
c) We are settled on the OL so any pick at this position is depth as well.

The only current position where a R3 would come in immediately is R3. But consider this.
1) If JP loses form, we only have Nall
2) If JP gets injured, we only have Nall
3) In years to come Edwards (or JP) will possibly have trade value and even if its a R3 that R3 in future years might be a player we do need

Edwards therefore get an A- grade

and the draft overall A

kernowboy
04-29-2007, 02:40 AM
and look at some of the other teams through R1-3 ... there have been huge reaches. We have not really reached at all :)

Lone Stranger
04-29-2007, 03:53 AM
Lynch: C+
Pos: B+
Edwards: D

Avg: C+

I am in complete agreement with your analysis. Others can rationalize all they want but we didn't hit any home runs. Decent but nothing to get ecstatic about.

Historian
04-29-2007, 06:35 AM
A+

Marv is following the same formula he used to build our SB teams.

:up:

mybills
04-29-2007, 06:44 AM
I give it an A, cuz I wanted a CB with the 3rd, but I'm ok with all of them. :bf1:

mybills
04-29-2007, 06:46 AM
3rd round- A
Let it go, SAB. You're gonna give yourself an ulcer! :chuckle:

cutter10x
04-29-2007, 06:58 AM
A-........lynch and poz are great picks.....edwards...well the jury is still out...i saw needs elsewhere.....

Jan Reimers
04-29-2007, 06:59 AM
I give it a straight A. Lynch will be an every down workhorse, and Pos a strong outside backer who will be a good starter immediately. Edwards is the 3rd best QB in the draft, who should have gone long before 92.

Three absolute quality picks.

jmb1099
04-29-2007, 07:07 AM
I gave it a B but only because of the Edwards pic. That being said I logged into this thread before doing any research on the guy. If I could I'd change my vote to an A at this point.

Lynch behind our line is going to be sick.Poz is just about back up to speed. Edwards makes sense in a few different scenarios. I always get excited about the upcoming season, as of right now I am officially Out of Control.

don137
04-29-2007, 07:11 AM
I gave a B+....I thought they addressed some big holes. I would of given it an A if they were able to get a CB in round three such as McCauley. Edwards is a very interesting pick. If Losman does not improve then they have Edwards to potentially fall back on. If Losman does great and Edwards does great then they could always trade Edwards for a first rounder someday.

They did do much better than I thought they were going to do..

blotsfan
04-29-2007, 08:06 AM
Id give him a B+. I LOVED getting Posluszny, who i was hoping we'd steal when i saw him still not drafted at about 30 or so. I dont know a lot about Lynch so im gonna have to trust Marv on this one. I think Edwards is going to be good but he deserved better than Buffalo. He deserves to be somwhere where he will start.