PDA

View Full Version : I think QB was a need!

SoCalBillsFan
04-28-2007, 10:33 PM
Think about this franchise for a second...we haven't had real stability and success at the QB spot since Kelly. Yeah, Flutie had a decent year, and Bledsoe had a great half season. That's it! It's not a coincidence that as the QBs have sucked, so has the team's record.

Losman is nowhere near a sure thing. Okay, he played fairly well the end of the year. He also had some miserable games. But let's be honest- QB is still a question mark! And as long as that's the case, we're never going to be competing for Super Bowls. We need a franchise QB more than anything- maybe its Losman, but the jury is still out.

Which is why getting another QB is a great move. We're talking about a third round pick here. Okay, we could have gotten a CB or WR, which may have helped this year. But would one of those guys really have had a major impact on the franchise? Think about if JP doesn't pan out. Next year, we'd have to take a QB in the first round. Instead, a QB with at least second-round talent falls. Now we have a backup plan, a guy who can legitimately become a franchise QB. He's got the arm, the accuracy, and the head. He has just surrounded by terrible players. Next year, whether Losman pans out or not, we won't be drafting a QB and can use first and second rounders on quality additions.

Finding a stable, productive QB has been the biggest need for this franchise for way too long! Edwards will do nothing but help.

gr8slayer
04-28-2007, 10:34 PM
I have nothing wrong with the pick.

X-Era
04-28-2007, 10:40 PM
Think about this franchise for a second...we haven't had real stability and success at the QB spot since Kelly. Yeah, Flutie had a decent year, and Bledsoe had a great half season. That's it! It's not a coincidence that as the QBs have sucked, so has the team's record.

Losman is nowhere near a sure thing. Okay, he played fairly well the end of the year. He also had some miserable games. But let's be honest- QB is still a question mark! And as long as that's the case, we're never going to be competing for Super Bowls. We need a franchise QB more than anything- maybe its Losman, but the jury is still out.

Which is why getting another QB is a great move. We're talking about a third round pick here. Okay, we could have gotten a CB or WR, which may have helped this year. But would one of those guys really have had a major impact on the franchise? Think about if JP doesn't pan out. Next year, we'd have to take a QB in the first round. Instead, a QB with at least second-round talent falls. Now we have a backup plan, a guy who can legitimately become a franchise QB. He's got the arm, the accuracy, and the head. He has just surrounded by terrible players. Next year, whether Losman pans out or not, we won't be drafting a QB and can use first and second rounders on quality additions.

Finding a stable, productive QB has been the biggest need for this franchise for way too long! Edwards will do nothing but help.

Im anxious to hear our FO talk about him.

I would be VERY suprised if they didnt squash any thoughts of this guy as anything other than a backup.....for now.

Losman is only two years away from a contract year. The kid will push even harder and we will reap the rewards.

I think Marv pulls a Reid and come right out and says JP is the starter, no competition.

I like the insurance policy. Edwards was fantastic value at that spot.

I wouldnt be suprised if we traded his rights in the next day. The Ravens were also looking.

HHURRICANE
04-28-2007, 10:45 PM
You need 3 QBs on your roster. We lost Holcomb. I would have like to seen a guy picked later but I understand the pick.

X-Era
04-28-2007, 10:47 PM
This team plays in the AFC East.

We need a number 2 that can step in and play.

You have to have a real number 2.

I like the pick. I just hope our FO clears the air and makes it clear JP is our guy, we dont need the controversy.

Philagape
04-28-2007, 10:48 PM
The Ravens took Marshall Yanda five picks before Edwards.

Romes
04-29-2007, 03:22 AM
QB depth was needed and that is what the Bills got. Good value too by most accounts.

kernowboy
04-29-2007, 03:58 AM
How many people would be horrified if we had to start Nall. The only reason people said this wasn't a need was a fear that the boards would be dominated again by JP Haters. Well IMO it was a need and looking at Day2, there wasn't really someone who really stood out that we could use this pick on. It was a BPA selection and a rather good one.

Jan Reimers
04-29-2007, 05:12 AM
One draft guide had Edwards rated as the 41st best prospect overall, and more than one as the 3rd best QB. Most had him ranked ahead of John Beck, whom Miami took at 40.

I think he is a great pick for a team with only 2 QBs.

TacklingDummy
04-29-2007, 05:56 AM
QB was a need.

If Losman craps the bed who would the Bills turn to?

mybills
04-29-2007, 06:48 AM
One draft guide had Edwards rated as the 41st best prospect overall, and more than one as the 3rd best QB. Most had him ranked ahead of John Beck, whom Miami took at 40.

I think he is a great pick for a team with only 2 QBs.
Exactly!