• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Guys, theres a whole second day still

Its VERY likely that we still land another LB like Alexander, DeOssie, or Siler.

Theres plenty of picks left, let last years success speak to why we should wait and see.

Theres too many good players to be sweating right now.

• LifetimeBillsFan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Aug 2004

Re: Guys, theres a whole second day still

Originally posted by jp-era
    Its VERY likely that we still land another LB like Alexander, DeOssie, or Siler.

Theres plenty of picks left, let last years success speak to why we should wait and see.

Theres too many good players to be sweating right now.
    Good point. There are still some players that I would really like to see in a Bills uni on the board and one of them could still end up being there when the Bills pick in the 4th round (although Hughes is already gone).

Personally, I think that this next pick is really a key for the Bills--since Edwards will be more of a back-up/developmental project/emergency-only player this season, I believe that the Bills absolutely MUST get a player who can come in and contribute a lot as a back-up or even as a part-time starter, at one of their positions of need in this next round. With the talent that it still on the board, that is not impossible for them to do, but it is something that, whether I know or like the player or not, they really have to accomplish with this next pick if the Bills are going to continue their progress this season and be in a position to be serious contenders starting next year. Without a 5th round pick at this point, IMHO they have to make the most of their pick in the 4th round coming up.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
      Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
      • Mar 2003

Indeed, I think LB is still our greatest need.

Even IF Pos-Cro-Ell pans out well, the depth behind makes me dry heave. Alexander, Siler, or DeOssie would make a spectacular 4th round pick.

I think we can survive on Evans and our trio of #3 WRs one more year.

I believe Youboty, Greer, and KT will do a sufficient job at CB, and hopefully we'll grab another in the 6th.
      "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
      -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Meathead
        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
        • Jul 2002

well in any event nobody can say the bills didnt get excellent players where they were picking

they gave up a mid third to get poz nine spots early which can be debated but they still landed three terrific rooks with their four picks
        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Working...
        X