PDA

View Full Version : If a CORNER on day one...

YardRat
04-29-2007, 03:56 AM
...would've shown a lack of confidence in Youboty, does taking a QB show a lack of confidence in Losman?

kernowboy
04-29-2007, 04:02 AM
No

I wouldn't have been surprised if we'd gone for a CB in R3 for depth. I think the selection of Edwards is a BPA scenario and more of a reflection in the lack of confidence the team has in Craig Nall.

As Dr Lecter says .. at this point you do look at BPA.

We also had a hole on the likely opening day roster for a QB so it also becomes a need. We have 5 WRs under contract, loads of OL, 6 or 7 LBs, a dozen DL ... at QB we had 2.

A solid selection.

billsburgh
04-29-2007, 06:20 AM
No, Jauron has already said JP is stil the man and this is competition for Nall.

TacklingDummy
04-29-2007, 06:24 AM
No, Jauron has already said JP is stil the man and this is competition for Nall.

Jauron is just being politically correct.

I don't think you draft a QB in the 3rd round hoping he beats out the the backup for the 2nd string job. Edwards is insurance incase JP doesn't work out.

mybills
04-29-2007, 06:27 AM
no, they're filling all the empty spots, and they're doing a good job of it. :bf1:
Now I can collectively say,
:bigwave: McGahee
:bigwave: Fletcher
:bigwave: Holcomb

If the next pick is a corner, then :bigwave: Clements! :D

Historian
04-29-2007, 06:29 AM
JP has already worked out.

It's his team.

We need a Reich-type backup if we're going to be successful though.

Coach Sal
04-29-2007, 07:40 AM
...would've shown a lack of confidence in Youboty, does taking a QB show a lack of confidence in Losman?

I don't think a CB on day one would've shown a lack of confidence in Youboty. But I definitely think a CB in the first round would have.

I'm not thrilled with Edwards the pick, but I really like Edwards the player. I would have been ok with a CB in the 3rd, and I think they'll take one today. Maybe Tanard Jackson (Syracuse)?!

Dozerdog
04-29-2007, 08:16 AM
...would've shown a lack of confidence in Youboty, does taking a QB show a lack of confidence in Losman?It takes years to develop QBs. This is a value pick and long term QB insurance in case JP gets hurt or walks after his contract is up.

It shows a lack of confidence in Nall, maybe.