PDA

View Full Version : Poz = Conlan?

Mitchy moo
04-29-2007, 07:13 AM
Penn State has produced a lot of great linebackers. But Paul Posluszny is the best. At least that’s what Jack Ham says. That’s the same Jack Ham who was an All-American linebacker at Penn State, who went to eight Pro Bowls, won four Super Bowls and was a first-ballot Hall of Famer as a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
“It was definitely a bold statement on his part,” Posluszny said of Ham. “I was very excited that he thought of me in that way. I’ll definitely do my part to work as hard as I can to fulfill his expectations.”
If Ham is right, the Buffalo Bills got quite a steal. Posluszny (pronounced Pos-luz-nee) was expected to be selected in the first round, but lasted until the second round (34th overall) of the draft. That isn’t too bad because Ham was also a second-rounder and the 34th selection in the 1971 draft.
The Bills were glad Posluszny was still on the board. They quickly worked out a trade with Detroit to get him.
Penn State coach Joe Paterno compared Posluszny’s intense, instinctive playing style to Shane Conlan, who went to the Bills with the eighth overall pick in 1987.

http://www.buffalonews.com/213/story/64427.html

YardRat
04-29-2007, 07:29 AM
He better play inside then, and keep Crowell on the outside. Conlan really struggled his first few games until we picked up Bennett and allowed Shane to switch back.