PDA

View Full Version : After reading the brain trust's comments....

xXSpIkes5IXx
04-29-2007, 07:30 AM
....on the Edwards pick, i have come to the conclusion that he was the BPA, and they had him graded well ahead of anyone else left on the board. I can't believe some posts saying the brain trust has lost confidence in JP. The NFL draft is all about value, and Edwards had an early 2nd round grade. If Trent Edwards becomes the next great QB, we got ourselves a steal, but i think our guy is JP Losman, and this pick does not change that in my mind

Mitchy moo
04-29-2007, 07:33 AM
If Jp goes down with an injury we now have a great back-up to come in and play ball as well. This kid has talent and maybe of great value on the field to us someday if needed.

YardRat
04-29-2007, 07:35 AM
Def BPA...I'm pretty confident if there was a corner, LB, or WR that they had graded close to Edwards they would have snagged them instead.

I'd like to hear JP's reaction to the pick.

X-Era
04-29-2007, 07:56 AM
I agree, but there wasnt a 2nd round rated CB, LB, or WR left. There WAS a 2nd round rated QB

Night Train
04-29-2007, 07:58 AM
JP is in his option year next season. If any problems arise with money or actual performance, the insurance policy is already here. Meanwhile, he learns the offense.

Nall sure as hell isn't the answer.

Jan Reimers
04-29-2007, 08:08 AM
JP is in his option year next season. If any problems arise with money or actual performance, the insurance policy is already here. Meanwhile, he learns the offense.

Absolutely. You can't pass up a quality pick like Edwards that deep in the 3rd round.