PDA

View Full Version : Moss to NE Deal Done

gr8slayer
04-29-2007, 09:35 AM
4th round pick

Assuming he passes his physical of course.

Source = NFLN

X-Era
04-29-2007, 09:35 AM
4th round pick

Assuming he passes his physical of course.

Source = NFLN

Beat ya!

gr8slayer
04-29-2007, 09:37 AM
Beat ya!
Good for you.

patmoran2006
04-29-2007, 09:38 AM
If he gets his personal act together and motivated.. This is borderline unfair.

don137
04-29-2007, 09:40 AM
If he gets his personal act together and motivated.. This is borderline unfair.
He's been in the league how long and if it hasn't happened by now...

Philagape
04-29-2007, 09:42 AM
Playing in New England and playing in Oakland are like two different planets. He just went from hell to heaven, and I expect his performance will reflect that. The Pats just got a lot scarier.

HHURRICANE
Now it's looking like QB in the third was a stretch. Brady to Moss!!!!! **** me.

!Papacrunk!
why do I have a felling that now Moss will turn it on since he probably didn't "feel" like playing in Oakland. He chooses to actually play now.

It's something else, the Patriots were successful when they had virtually nobody for WR depth, now they've got WRs coming out of their ears.

Illmatic15
04-29-2007, 09:45 AM
4th round pick wtf!!!

Philagape
04-29-2007, 09:47 AM
Here's the WTF:

Moss
Stallworth
Watson
Jackson
Welker
Washington
Caldwell

You're the defense. What do you do?

HHURRICANE
04-29-2007, 09:49 AM
Here's the WTF:

Moss
Stallworth
Watson
Jackson
Welker
Washington
Caldwell

Moss was timed running a 4.29 40. They reported it on ESPN yesterday. NE looks pretty scray now!!

THATHURMANATOR
04-29-2007, 09:50 AM
Holy S. Moss will have a resurection ALA Dillon. Lets hope for 2nd place!

!Papacrunk!
Here's the WTF:

Moss
Stallworth
Watson
Jackson
Welker
Washington
Caldwell

lol, you just had to post those names all together now didn't you. Yeesh.

Philagape
And they have a pretty decent RB too who will have lots of room.

THATHURMANATOR
04-29-2007, 09:51 AM
It seems like they went from no receivers to 10.

OpIv37
04-29-2007, 09:52 AM
Here's the WTF:

Moss
Stallworth
Watson
Jackson
Welker
Washington
Caldwell

****ing A, I hate the ****ing Patriots. I feel like we start every year 0-2 cuz of those ****s.

Philagape
04-29-2007, 09:54 AM
I'm sorry, but the Pats are now the SB favorites. It's a good thing the Bills' window has until 2008 because you can forget about 2007.

!Papacrunk!
04-29-2007, 09:54 AM
****ing A, I hate the ****ing Patriots. I feel like we start every year 0-2 cuz of those ****s.

pssssst, plus they got another 1st round pick for next year

Philagape
04-29-2007, 09:55 AM
:hang:

Philagape
04-29-2007, 09:59 AM
Moss already has agreed to dramatically restructure his contract, which is scheduled to pay him $9.75 million this coming season. New England was the one and only place Moss would agree to take a reduced contract, and he did so knowing that he would have the chance to win a Super Bowl.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10156954

Randy Moss took a pay cut. Who would have ever thought that? He wants to be there.

X-Era
04-29-2007, 10:00 AM

Blitz the piss out of Marcia!!!!!!!!!!

His feet are more concrete than Bledsoes.

You may disagree with me now, but just wait.

They will try to run a spread O, and Brady will get sacked ALOT.

The ONLY reason Brady is so successfull is the time he has, take it away and your looking at the Pats the first half of last season!

Nuff said, the draft is on, its not our team.

Over, done. Its time for our draft.

Philagape
04-29-2007, 10:02 AM
His feet are more concrete than Bledsoes.

Now you're just being silly. :homer:

Night Train
04-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Here's the WTF:

Moss
Stallworth
Watson
Jackson
Welker
Washington
Caldwell

Beat their QB to a pulp.

Philagape
04-29-2007, 10:05 AM
He has Watson and Maroney/Faulk for outlet valves. Brady's greatest strength is his pocket presence. He'll know it's coming and know what to do.

Elminster
04-29-2007, 10:08 AM
Terrible, terrible move. Do you think he'll be happy with how Brady spreads the ball? I give him a few weeks before he starts whining about how many balls he's getting....

gil
04-29-2007, 10:14 AM
Well, this just about makes me sick - now I'm really wishing we started loading up on DB's.

HAMMER
04-29-2007, 10:17 AM
It would be quite funny to see him stick a knife in their team chemistry.

Michael82
04-29-2007, 10:20 AM
Here's the WTF:

Moss
Stallworth
Watson
Jackson
Welker
Washington
Caldwell

OMG! Tom Brady went from having no one to throw to at all to having his choice of 7 good receivers and one stud! This just isn't fair! :mad: :curse:

:ill:

**** THE PATS! **** THE PATS! **** THE PATS!!! :puke:

patmoran2006
04-29-2007, 10:22 AM
Yo mikey...

I cant post a thread.. IT keeps freezing on me when I try to start a new thread.

Do me a favor man.. Make a thread called "Day 1- Pat's Opinions" And then I can hit respond and it will work..

Thanks, and kill me if IM becoming a homer, ok.

HHURRICANE
04-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Guys, let's at least be realistic here. The Pats, right now, have to be the hands down SB favorites.

This team looks ridiculous. Anything can happen, injuries, etc. but holy geez.

Randy Moss has not looked great but with Tom brady delievering the ball he's going to get good fast. Plus he hasn't lost a step.

This is a "wow"!. And for a 4th.

justasportsfan
04-29-2007, 11:03 AM
Who's gonna cover him on our team? We're screwed. Our offseason is getting worse by the minute.

YardRat
04-29-2007, 11:05 AM
This just flat-out sucks. I was really hoping Moss would stay in Oakland after they drafted Russell. To the Pats, no less.

Balls :mad:

Billscusey
04-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Playing in New England and playing in Oakland are like two different planets. He just went from hell to heaven, and I expect his performance will reflect that. The Pats just got a lot scarier.

Yeah, as much as it sucks, I agree with you Philagape!

!Papacrunk!
04-29-2007, 11:29 AM
Who's gonna cover him on our team? We're screwed. Our offseason is getting worse by the minute.

you've really mastered the art of sarcasm so much, it's really hard to know when you're being serious, lol. I'm going on a limb and saying your post is sarcasm, do I win, or at least get the door prize?

TacklingDummy
04-29-2007, 12:04 PM
The 6'4" Moss is going to make the 5'9" Terrence McGee his biatch.

This sucks.

!Papacrunk!
04-29-2007, 12:07 PM
Wes Welker's ego should be feeling pretty good--Patriots gave us their 2nd AND their 7th round pick for Welker and only a 4th for Moss. Crazy man.

Philagape
04-29-2007, 12:08 PM
Wes Welker's ego should be feeling pretty good--Patriots gave us their 2nd AND their 7th round pick for Welker and only a 4th for Moss. Crazy man.

Crazy business.

njsue
04-29-2007, 12:22 PM
Randy Moss is big whiner. NE's kicks their whiners to the curb.

BleedinGreenNC
04-29-2007, 12:29 PM
The rest of us in the AFC East are screwed!!

DynaPaul
04-29-2007, 01:27 PM
I don't believe Moss is gonna be as scary as you guys think over there. Simply put he's not NE kind of player.

CuseJetsFan83
04-29-2007, 01:49 PM
while the prospect of a randy moss catching 100 balls like in minnesota is scary, that simply wont happen.........

basically you know NE will be alternating between pass and run, and try to trap us..... although you cant deny should all those guys make the team, thats a hard set of receivers to cover

Philagape
04-29-2007, 02:00 PM
while the prospect of a randy moss catching 100 balls like in minnesota is scary, that simply wont happen.........

basically you know NE will be alternating between pass and run, and try to trap us..... although you cant deny should all those guys make the team, thats a hard set of receivers to cover

I'm more afraid of all the other guys who will be open because Moss is doubled, or how much room Maroney will have because no one will stack the line.

gr8slayer
04-29-2007, 02:19 PM
Good thing we run a zone coverage.

Bill Brasky
04-29-2007, 02:58 PM
well, the bright side is he will be comin to the ralph. i can't wait. randy is the man, he will tear us apart but it will be awesome to watch. i am just pissed he went to the pats.

i'm surprised oakland did this though... they finally drafted a qb, now they ditch the guys' best weapon? odd.

Mr. Miyagi
04-29-2007, 03:42 PM
I don't care if they have 10 Randy Moss's on the field at the same time. They're one Tom Brady torn ACL away from having a 4-12 season.

Send in the goons.

ShadowHawk7
04-29-2007, 03:54 PM
This is why I ponder we didn't bother to upgrade at corner. Even if Youboty is all we hoped, 5-9 McGee and Greer are staring at Moss and Stallworth.

Billsrock4life
04-29-2007, 04:42 PM
if he actually decides 2 play then this is not good for us

Ickybaluky
04-29-2007, 04:50 PM
I'm not going to pretend that Moss can't be a knucklehead. The off-field stuff doesn't really bother me, because all WR are flaky and Moss' past problems have been relatively minor.

IMO, the on-field stuff his far more incriminating. He flat out quit on Oakland, not even trying last year. That is something that can't be denied. He hasn't even been trying.

That said, I fail to see the downside of this deal. For a 4th round pick the Pats picked up a guy who can possibly be a legitimate #1 WR in the NFL. When he wants to play, the guy is dominating. If he doesn't fit in, they will just cut him, like they did Doug Gabriel last year. They have the depth at WR to do so (much more than a year ago), and all they lose is a 4th round pick.

The upside on this deal is huge. The Pats can now run their spread sets, which have been their most effective offensive weapons in their run this decade, better than ever before if Moss stretches the field. They will have legitimate options to play opposite him, guys like Ben Watson and Wes Welker to work the short/middle zones, and RB like Maroney and Faulk who can be effective in space.

Plus, Moss wants to play in NE and is genuinely excited about the trade. He knows he has a chance for a winner and he will be playing with a top QB. This is a great situation for him, he just needs to take it. He has a shot at a championship and possible HOF enshrinement as a carrot.

Even financially, this works. According to reports (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/04/moss_contract.html), Moss drastically cut his salary from $9.75M to $3M, with the possibility of making a lot more with incentives. Think about that, the Pats have Moss at a salary less than what the Bills will pay for Peerless Price and Josh Reed combined.

The upside is enormous, which is why they make the deal. It isn't certain it will work out, but even if it is a 50/50 proposition it is an outstanding opportunity.

bledslow
04-29-2007, 04:51 PM
I wonder where there gonna hang there new sb banner--kinda running out of room.

TacklingDummy
04-29-2007, 04:58 PM
I don't believe Moss is gonna be as scary as you guys think over there. Simply put he's not NE kind of player.

Neither was Corey Dillion.

ublinkwescore
04-29-2007, 04:59 PM

The preseason hasn't even started yet, and you guys are already wanting to stick a knife in our team?

What the hell is up with that?

with all the money New England has spent this year, one's gotta believe that Bellichik is retiring after this season - wants to go out with a bang, and this has to have some kind of negative effect on the Patriots' cap.

I hope so much that we can be the team this year to stick a knife in the Patriots so that they will not only be denied a Superbowl, but be set back for years because Bellichik retires and leaves them in a cap problem.

TacklingDummy
04-29-2007, 05:01 PM
I don't care if they have 10 Randy Moss's on the field at the same time. They're one Tom Brady torn ACL away from having a 4-12 season.

Send in the goons.

Matt Cassel played well last pre-season.

Ickybaluky
04-29-2007, 05:01 PM
Moss tore up his contract and signed a one-year deal (http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/?p=1178).

1 Year

$3M Salary

$2M Incentives

Great deal.

YardRat
04-29-2007, 05:02 PM
Great move for New England. It sucks to be the rest of the AFC East.

Slim
04-29-2007, 05:04 PM
Moss tore up his contract and signed a one-year deal (http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/?p=1178).

1 Year

$3M Salary

$2M Incentives

Great deal.

That actually is a great deal.

ublinkwescore
04-29-2007, 05:21 PM
if it's incentive based, it can be a double edged sword for the pats - if he does good, he's gonna be a larger cap hit.

if he sucks, he won't get paid, and he'll probably start his *****ing.

Ickybaluky
04-29-2007, 05:32 PM
if it's incentive based, it can be a double edged sword for the pats - if he does good, he's gonna be a larger cap hit.

if he sucks, he won't get paid, and he'll probably start his *****ing.

If he's good, they won't care.

ShadowHawk7
04-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Stop it NE39.
OBD better be pretty damn confident in our current CBs.

njsue
04-29-2007, 06:20 PM
well, the bright side is he will be comin to the ralph. i can't wait. randy is the man, he will tear us apart but it will be awesome to watch. i am just pissed he went to the pats.

i'm surprised oakland did this though... they finally drafted a qb, now they ditch the guys' best weapon? odd.

Randy Moss is a Cancer. Oakland did a good thing by giving him the boot. You don't want a Cancerous WR around while trying to positively develop your high priced QB.

He won't be in NE too long. A leopard never changes it's spots.

DynaPaul
04-29-2007, 06:25 PM
Neither was Corey Dillion.

Dillon didn't exactly tear it up in NE like he did in Cincinnati.