PDA

View Full Version : The Ted Ginn pick gets even better!

Michael82
04-29-2007, 10:25 AM
Sal Paolantonio on ESPN just said that the Miami GM basically admitted that Ted Ginn won't be on the field for the first mini-camp. He's not physically ready yet and is only like 75% right now!!! :laughing:

LtFinFan66
04-29-2007, 10:26 AM
We knew that Mikey.

patmoran2006
04-29-2007, 10:27 AM
Mikey see end of "MOss to NE Done" thread.

As far as Ginn, Im still in SHOCK over this pick..... I didnt want to see Brady Quinn twice a year.. Cameron choked yesterday, I dont care what any Miami fan says

Michael82
04-29-2007, 10:28 AM
I didn't. This makes the pick a head scratcher even more. Why on Earth would you take a ****ing punt returner #9 overall?!!? :shocked: Especially one that is injured. If you traded down, it would have been a good pick. But Ginn is NOT worth the 9th overall pick. No way! Not when Brady Quinn was sitting there for the taking.

!Papacrunk!
04-29-2007, 10:29 AM
I got this blurb from the Sun Sentinel:

Ginn estimated he was "80 or 85 percent" healthy and said he won't participate in next weekend's Dolphins minicamp.

Mueller said Ginn should be healed in a month.

"The foot is going to be fine," Ginn said. "I'm just taking it slowly and rehabbing and doing all the things [doctors] have asked me to do to be 100 percent."

HHURRICANE
04-29-2007, 10:29 AM
I'll bet money that Ginn will not be playing until late in 2007. Guranteed. Injuries have a way of doing this to you. We watched it with McGahee, Spikes and countless others.

Miami, IMO, took a luxury pick. They are much like us needing players that can start.

Mitchy moo
04-29-2007, 10:30 AM
Ginn will be fine, we took WM knowing he had a year + of recovery time.

Ginn needed to be had later in the draft.

!Papacrunk!
04-29-2007, 10:32 AM
I didn't. This makes the pick a head scratcher even more. Why on Earth would you take a ****ing punt returner #9 overall?!!? :shocked: Especially one that is injured. If you traded down, it would have been a good pick. But Ginn is NOT worth the 9th overall pick. No way! Not when Brady Quinn was sitting there for the taking.

So what was last year's spin on the Whitner pick last year? Everybody said that the Bills could've picked Whitner later on and they should've traded the pick, but Bills fans were quick to point that there were a lot of teams, and they even mentioned Miami, as teams interested in Whitner. I mentioned in another post that the Texans were rumored to be interested in Ginn and they picked after us.

Michael82
04-29-2007, 10:33 AM
So what was last year's spin on the Whitner pick last year? Everybody said that the Bills could've picked Whitner later on and they should've traded the pick, but Bills fans were quick to point that there were a lot of teams, and they even mentioned Miami, as teams interested in Whitner. I mentioned in another post that the Texans were rumored to be interested in Ginn and they picked after us.
Whitner wasn't injured and there wasn't a star player like Brady Quinn there that would have filled a big need.

LtFinFan66
04-29-2007, 10:35 AM
You guys crack me up saying that we took a punt returned at #9. :rofl:

Look outside of NY once in awhile and actually watch other teams play.

Mitchy moo
04-29-2007, 10:35 AM

Ginn will be fine, who can toss him the rock in your organiztion?? Quinn would of been a better choice and gave you guys a chance to get better within a few years, now I am sure you'll suck until after 2010, which is a good thing.

!Papacrunk!
04-29-2007, 10:38 AM
Whitner wasn't injured and there wasn't a star player like Brady Quinn there that would have filled a big need.

before Losman turned it on the forthcoming season he hadn't won anyone over the season before and the new regime had no allegiances to him: Leinert was available.

I realize that our pick is different to some extent to the Bills last year, but for people to not realize the big similarities is a bit silly.

Michael82
04-29-2007, 10:39 AM
before Losman turned it on the forthcoming season he hadn't won anyone over the season before and the new regime had no allegiances to him: Leinert was available.

I realize that our pick is different to some extent to the Bills last year, but for people to not realize the big similarities is a bit silly.
good point. But Losman was already assured that he was going to get his chance to start. He cost two first rounders. Cleo Lemon didn't cost hardly anything.

Meathead
04-29-2007, 10:40 AM
miami is clearly banking on one of the guys they have stepping up at qb. cpep sounds confident in his recovery - of course whats he gonna say but still if he can come back he should be at least adequate if not spectacular. i can see why they wouldnt want to tank their current investment just yet

it seems like a big reach to me too but hey who knows

HAMMER
04-29-2007, 10:41 AM
Give the pick a chance, even though it looks to be sucky.

SABURZFAN
04-29-2007, 10:41 AM
You guys crack me up saying that we took a punt returned at #9. :rofl:

don't put some of us in the same category with the less knowledgable.for a guy who's 75-80%,it's scary that he's still running in the 4.4 range.

justasportsfan
04-29-2007, 10:42 AM
Why on Earth would you take a ****ing punt returner #9 overall?!!? :shocked: Especially one that is injured.

what you talking about? We reached for a rb that's got back problems and a personality problem because MArv was too cheap to move up and pay AP the $ . We also reached for a gimp to play lb'er who's slower than Mike Williams.

Mitchy moo
04-29-2007, 10:43 AM

Big need? Miami has no one healthy / ready to play QB in the NFL behind center. They took a injured guy that would probably been there @ 18th and could of gotten alot of extra value. There we're plenty of teams looking to trade up and lots of movement so it wasn't like Miami didn't have a chance, just not the brains.

Michael82
04-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Give the pick a chance, even though it looks to be sucky.
Okay, thanks for ruining my fun. I wanted to enjoy laughing at the Fins for the pick. But you are right, it could turn out to be a GREAT pick! He could always be another Lee Evans.... :ill:

Mitchy moo
04-29-2007, 10:44 AM
what you talking about? We reached for a rb that's got back problems and a personality problem because MArv was too cheap to move up and pay AP the $ . We also reached for a gimp to play lb'er who's slower than Mike Williams.

???? huh?

Michael82
04-29-2007, 10:45 AM
justa, i know you are having fun and all...but please cut it out. The joke is past it's time. :ill:

justasportsfan
04-29-2007, 10:47 AM
justa, i know you are having fun and all...but please cut it out. The joke is past it's time. :ill:
what joke?