PDA

View Full Version : I think we should take a CB in the 1st or 2nd round of the NFL Draft

PA Season Ticket Holder
03-12-2003, 09:14 PM
Do the Bills have faith in Kevin Thomas, or do you think we should look to upgrade, and give ourselves an insurance policy in case we don't get Winfield back? Even if we do, having 3 great CB's would be deadly.

We'd have the weapons to stop the run, and all the weapons to stop the pass. Take a CB in either round 1 or 2, and a DE as the other pick.

We should be able to land McDougle, White, or Kelsay with our #1 pick. I'd like to gun for Weathersby or Wilson in the 2nd round. If we have to move up and give away a 4th round pick for it, I think it would be worth it. Then go for Hamlin or Johnson in the 3rd round for more depth at safety, and a possible player to compete with Prioleu.

Our draft would look like this

1- DE
2- CB
3- FS
4- RB
5- OL- Take the best available OL depth in order of G, C, and OT
6- QB
7- LB

As always, if there is a better player that you can't pass up in the middle rounds, you take it and worry about it later.

We could finish assembling our defense, and pick up some offensive depth.

I do look for Donahoe to take a CB within the 1st three rounds if one is there that he can't pass up. It never hurts to have 3 great CB's, and we never know if Winfiled will be back. It's a win/win situation.

The_Philster
03-12-2003, 09:23 PM
I don't see us taking a CB before the 4th rd.
You can pretty much count on not getting one in the first. The only time we've done that is the year before a starter is up for free agency. Winfield and Clements each have at least 2 years on their deals.

Doc
03-12-2003, 09:30 PM
Winfield has one year left on his deal. I'm 99% sure of that.

PA Season Ticket Holder
03-12-2003, 09:34 PM
Don't be surprised if we do.

I was advocating for it 2 years ago, and guess what happened? We selected Nate Clements. Worked out good for us.

PA Season Ticket Holder
03-12-2003, 09:34 PM
Winfield is in the last year of his contract.

venis2k1
03-12-2003, 09:35 PM
This is winfeilds last year if we dont resign him, but im sure we will.

The_Philster
03-13-2003, 04:37 AM
Yeah...:doh: For some reason I was thinking he had another year after this.
:hamrhed: