PDA

View Full Version : A Marv Rant

Stewie
04-29-2007, 11:00 AM
Ever since this senile old man with NO gm experience took control of our team.......... ..I have seen nothing but solid moves and I couldn't be happier about the direction of the Bills. It's clear that Marv believes in building the lines, getting smart and talented players who are dedicated and motivated. He believes these types of teams will win more than their share of football games, and I agree.

To the morons already complaining about teams drafting players too high or low... when will you ever learn? It is truly comical that every single year adults will bash teams for taking the player they want at the spot they get to pick. I understand that kids will buy into the hype, but adults have no excuse. Every single year undrafted FA's or low draft picks end up contributing more than some of the 1st round picks But we are supposed to believe that a GM is an idiot for taking a pick 5, 10, 15 spots ahead of where he "should".. that he should take some hypothetical trade that doesn't always exist, and even then is no guarantee.

To the morons complaining about this years free agent crop being rediculously overpaid; in the current NFL there is no such thing as an over/undervalued market. THis is not a textbook example of economics, the NFL has a monopoly parker brothers could only dream of. The salary cap rises, therefore salaries will rise year after year. Period. Players will always feel sleighted about the guy next to them who signed his contract later. That's the way its been for a long time. You think Jim Kelly is happy that J.P. will make 3 times as much money, even if he never makes it to one super bowl? When Schoebel signed his contract, it was good for his year. When Kelsay signed his contract it was good for his year. When Evans and Losman re-up, it will be good for their years. And it will go on like this until fans cannot afford continuing ticket price increases and/or the TV networks dramatically reduce their broadcast bids.

To the morons who give draft grades on draft day: LOL at you.

Individual stats don't win football games. Teams do. 40 times don't mean crap in the 4th quarter when everyone is hurting and tired. Dedication to conditioning does. Having a huge offensive line doesn't automatically make a good running game. Having a well coached one goes a long way towards it.

I want to see the Bills win. I believe our GM has us headed for great things.

In Marv I trust.

:gobills:

Dr. Lecter
04-29-2007, 11:02 AM
Bravo!

jamze132
04-29-2007, 11:41 AM
well said

Elminster
04-29-2007, 11:44 AM
Though watching the neggie nancies run about like headless chicken littles is entertaining in moderation, common sense is always refreshing...

SABURZFAN
04-29-2007, 12:06 PM
we should have a better offense this year. :up:

Stewie
04-30-2007, 07:00 AM
and I feel even better after day 2