X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marshawn Lynch
    • Apr 2007

You All Do Realize

We're not building this team to be a "Winner" this year. We're not taking the Pats we need to trade and sign for as many players we can get (ala Redskins) but marv and dick are trying to rebuild this team from the ground up for in 2-3 years where we'll be a powerhouse.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: You All Do Realize

I agree this is a painful process for all of us who desperately want to win it all, but a necessary one.

We need to re-establish a solid core/depth and add the missing pieces from there.

Originally posted by Marshawn Lynch
    marv and dick
    sure rather have marv and dick rather then dick'n marv (38 years old and I still find school boy humor funny... I should grow up.)

Comment

• HAMMER
      I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
      • Jul 2003

Shhhhhhh, don't tell Opi this.

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

Our current window lasts until 2008 ... after that it's a major salary overhaul
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Marshawn Lynch
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Philagape
          Our current window lasts until 2008 ... after that it's a major salary overhaul
          The cap will probably increase then also.

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Marshawn Lynch
            The cap will probably increase then also.
            Doesn't mean OUR cap will, as Ralph showed this year
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
              Doesn't mean OUR cap will, as Ralph showed this year

I just do not understand this complaint.

By not spending all of our cap money we are also freeing up cash in future years. If we sign FA's up to our cap there bonuses and salaries will also eat into future years.

All cash to cap is doing is allowing us to have that money necessary to resing FA's of our own who do belong to our young developing core instead of letting them walk cause we can't afford them or we can't afford them and the ability to add missing pieces.

This self imposed cash to cap sacrafice is there to free us up to do the things we need to do as this team truly becomes a contender over the next couple of years.

It hurts to keep saying next year, but truly building a championship team requires patience. The only thing Ralph is guilty of is firing Polian and not finding a suitable replacement... hopefully Marv is finally the suitable replacement.

Comment

Working...
              X