PDA

View Full Version : Still think we didn't need Clements?

Charlieguide
04-29-2007, 11:22 AM
I know the 49ers are waaay overpaying for Clements, but that doesn't change the fact we should have pushed hard to extend his contract instead of letting him hit the market.

The Patriots' trade for Moss -- along with all their other offensive moves this offseason -- is backbreaking. Who on our team (or any in this division) will be able to cover him?

Add to that the building going on in Miami, and we're looking at a very good chance of losing 4 division games before the season even starts. Ted Ginn, Jr is as fast as Moss when his ankle isn't sprained, maybe faster. I watched him all season here in Columbus, and he's a real burner. With Chambers and McMichael also running routes, Miami looks nearly as imposing as NE . . . except for the QB, of course.

Yeah, let this be a lesson, Marv and Tom. Sometimes, it's a good idea to hold on to a guy that's considered one of the best in the league at his position, even if it costs a little more than you'd like.

Don't get me wrong, I still believe in the Bills . . . it just isn't getting any easier.