X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sportsuser101
    • Feb 2005

I remember this just a few years ago

The Buffalo Bills select LB Angelo Crowell from the University of Virginia.

"WTF?" "Who?" "With Simms on the board we take this guy?" "We should have taken Bradie James" "Holland was still there"

The Buffalo Bills select CB Terrence McGee from Northwestern State University.

"What?" "This guy won't even make the team." "Rien Long is still on the board why didn't we take him?"

The Buffalo Bills select WR Lee Evans from the University of Wisconsin.

"Ahead of Michael Clayton? That was stupid." "With Carey still on the board?" "We should have traded down and took Rashaun Woods."

The Buffalo Bills select S Dontre Whitner from the Ohio State University.

"We should have taken Ngata." "Jason Allen is better then Whitner."

It happens every year where the fans overract.

I'm pretty sure they know more then we do and with the results of last years draft I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. Do we need a cornerback and linebacker depth? Absolutely. Are we going to reach way down our board in the 4th round to pass on a good player just to take 1 of those guys to make the fans happy even though we know he's not going to make our roster? Absolutely not.

We did an excellent job with Lynch, Pos and Edwards on day 1 and Wright as Kiper said looks like he could be his 1 player that turns into the next Terrell Davis. This is my favorite Bills draft I can remember because I like all day 1 picks and Wright looks like a player if he stays healthy.
    Dareus - 1st Round Pick
  • !Papacrunk!
    • Mar 2004

Re: I remember this just a few years ago

Knee jerk reactions are the best part of the NFL draft.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

between the draft and FA signings,Marv has done a lot to bolster a 30th ranked offense.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!

just like the #9 overall pick yesterday.
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
          just like the #9 overall pick yesterday.
          lol no doubt

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
            Exactly!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Still no knee-jerk reaction from me...the Browns draft absolutely sucked.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                Still no knee-jerk reaction from me...the Browns draft absolutely sucked.

are you nuts??????they had an awesome draft.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                  are you nuts??????they had an awesome draft.
                  They draft a tackle that they didn't need who put the same amount of weight up, 4 times more than Brady Quinn did at the combine. I'm excited about that, lemme tell you.

They mortgaged the future on a QB that couldn't beat good college teams. Excellent.

Then traded back into round 2 to draft Eazy E...Guy with about the same amount of character issues as Eazy E honestly. At least he does have talent if he turns his act around.

Where in that is awesome?

Just because ESPN glad hands Quinn and ND doesn't mean he's any good.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

They draft a tackle that they didn't need who put the same amount of weight up, 4 times more than Brady Quinn did at the combine. I'm excited about that, lemme tell you.

They mortgaged the future on a QB that couldn't beat good college teams. Excellent.

Then traded back into round 2 to draft Eazy E...Guy with about the same amount of character issues as Eazy E honestly. At least he does have talent if he turns his act around.

eric wright is going to be a steal for you guys.he kept his nose clean at UNLV so i wouldn't worry about character issue.

Comment

• Marvelous
                      • Feb 2004

I'm liking it so far myself...Concerned about CB depth & perhaps a tad in LB depth but CB is more a issue...We'll see....
                      GO BILLS!!! NE
                      Magical Trevor

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
                        The Buffalo Bills select LB Angelo Crowell from the University of Virginia.

"WTF?" "Who?" "With Simms on the board we take this guy?" "We should have taken Bradie James" "Holland was still there"

The Buffalo Bills select CB Terrence McGee from Northwestern State University.

"What?" "This guy won't even make the team." "Rien Long is still on the board why didn't we take him?"

The Buffalo Bills select WR Lee Evans from the University of Wisconsin.

"Ahead of Michael Clayton? That was stupid." "With Carey still on the board?" "We should have traded down and took Rashaun Woods."

The Buffalo Bills select S Dontre Whitner from the Ohio State University.

"We should have taken Ngata." "Jason Allen is better then Whitner."

It happens every year where the fans overract.

I'm pretty sure they know more then we do and with the results of last years draft I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. Do we need a cornerback and linebacker depth? Absolutely. Are we going to reach way down our board in the 4th round to pass on a good player just to take 1 of those guys to make the fans happy even though we know he's not going to make our roster? Absolutely not.

We did an excellent job with Lynch, Pos and Edwards on day 1 and Wright as Kiper said looks like he could be his 1 player that turns into the next Terrell Davis. This is my favorite Bills draft I can remember because I like all day 1 picks and Wright looks like a player if he stays healthy.

The list goes on Im sure!

Thank you for adding back in sensibility.

Comment

• HAMMER
                          I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                          • Jul 2003

Wow, I would be very happy with your draft.

Comment

Working...
                          X