PDA

View Full Version : We can't fix all the "needs" in one year's draft...

SoCalBillsFan
04-29-2007, 11:27 AM
I understand it looks nice on paper to list needs 1-7 and then draft players at those positions. But the reality is, once you get to late round three and deeper into the draft, there are a LOT of question marks on players. Taking the above strategy results in a lot of reaches and picks who don't pan out.

I love that our front office is at this point taking players who they think have fewer question marks and can become impact players. It is a much more viable long term strategy. Guys like Edwards and Wright really have a good chance at becoming players. They will either turn into contributors, provide solid depth, or bring trade value. With our draft this year, our offensive depth is looking much more solid.

Yes,we have some defensive holes, but I don't think the silers and alexanders of the world are going to make a huge impact. Next year will be a defensive-heavy draft. This team is headed in the right direction.

Philagape
04-29-2007, 11:31 AM
As far as outright holes, I think we're OK. We got our starting RB and LB, and having Youboty this year will be like having a new CB.

There are some positions where I wish we had a little more depth and competition, but once you're into the second day and then UDFA, there's not much difference as far as expectations.