PDA

View Full Version : Grapes' take on the Leafs trades

Don Cherry
03-13-2003, 12:24 AM
I gotta tell ya people, I am very happy for the Toronto Maple Leafs, and the moves they made this week.

Owen Nolan was one of the first moves they made this week, and he has proven himself, worthy of wearing the Leafs crest. He has added 2 goals already, and one of them on the power play. That gives him 24 on the season, his career average, and with just a dozen games left, he could break 30, the first time since '99/00.

The one thing that Leafs fans, and management was concerned about, was the injury to his back just before the trade. He hasn't missed a game since his last scheduled one with San Jose, and has three points since his arrival. Not too shabby. Leafs fans are now excited,and so am I.

In an old time hockey trade, the Chicago Blackhawks traded 21 year vet, Phil Housley to the Toronto Maple leafs, giving the Leafs some much need experience, and consistancy on the blue line.

And then to end the week off, just before the deadline, they went and grabbed up their old captain, good old Dougie Gilmour. I'm ready to wear a pleated skirt, grab a couple of pom-poms and wear a blue-and-white garter belt for this deal, for the next Leafs game I do.

The Toronto Maple Leafs are looking good, heading into the post season, and sitting below the top four, could actually be beneficial for them. Perhaps the best building, during trade season, I have witnessed in a while.

northernbillfan
03-13-2003, 11:42 AM
I always new you were a closet Leafs fan, Grapes.

But they do look great, heading down the stretch.