• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Wendling - Future Cover 2 OLB ?

Ellison had the same size at Oregon St. and was the SS there. Then he switched to OLB to maximize his speed and tackling ability.

Wendling is basically the same size and probably slightly bigger than Wire. After watching that video and reading his write-up, I bet he would be considered for OLB in our Cover 2. Just a guess but his profile fits the position. Quite the athlete and hitter.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Re: Wendling - Future Cover 2 OLB ?

Several sites speculate that for a Cover 2 Tampa Bay defense.

It appears he is a workout warrior like Haggan & Stamer but with more speed.

Comment

• John Doe
      Florida Man
      • Jul 2002

Check him out:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
        Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
        • Jul 2002

The first thing I thought of after seeing him drafted was Cato June, who used to be a safety in college.

God give me style and give me grace
        God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• cordog
          eat, drink, and be merry
          • Apr 2003

Positives: Has a lean, tall frame with good muscle development, broad shoulders, tight waist and thick thighs … With another 10 pounds of bulk, he could possible convert to a weakside linebacker in a Cover-2 scheme

Comment

• Ed
            Dude
            • Sep 2002

At buffalobills.com they have video of a mini press conference after each pick. When they talked about Wendling, one of the scouts mentioned he had a 4.48 40 time. So he'd definitely at least bring a ton of speed to the LB position. It would be nice if he could provide some versatility since we're kind of lacking in depth at both LB and Safety.

I really like this pick.

Comment

Working...
            X