PDA

View Full Version : Wendling - Future Cover 2 OLB ?

Night Train
04-29-2007, 05:39 PM
Ellison had the same size at Oregon St. and was the SS there. Then he switched to OLB to maximize his speed and tackling ability.

Wendling is basically the same size and probably slightly bigger than Wire. After watching that video and reading his write-up, I bet he would be considered for OLB in our Cover 2. Just a guess but his profile fits the position. Quite the athlete and hitter.

G. Host
04-29-2007, 05:48 PM
Several sites speculate that for a Cover 2 Tampa Bay defense.

It appears he is a workout warrior like Haggan & Stamer but with more speed.

John Doe
04-29-2007, 08:03 PM
Check him out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0P-22hhrW4

Dicknoze69
04-29-2007, 08:43 PM
The first thing I thought of after seeing him drafted was Cato June, who used to be a safety in college.

cordog
04-29-2007, 09:36 PM
Positives: Has a lean, tall frame with good muscle development, broad shoulders, tight waist and thick thighs … With another 10 pounds of bulk, he could possible convert to a weakside linebacker in a Cover-2 scheme …

Ed
04-29-2007, 09:44 PM
At buffalobills.com they have video of a mini press conference after each pick. When they talked about Wendling, one of the scouts mentioned he had a 4.48 40 time. So he'd definitely at least bring a ton of speed to the LB position. It would be nice if he could provide some versatility since we're kind of lacking in depth at both LB and Safety.

I really like this pick.