PDA

View Full Version : Mass Suicides at FinHeaven??

Ebenezer
04-29-2007, 06:44 PM
How many FinHeaven posters threw a nut when Ginn was selected?

G. Host
04-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Not many have nuts since Dolphins and their fans are ball-less mammals so higher than reported percentages.

dolphan117
04-29-2007, 07:09 PM
There was definitely mass confusion

That being said my draft board for who I wanted at 9 was Quinn directly followed by Ginn..... No way did I expect us to take Ginn over Quinn if both were there but I am slowly warming up to it. We worked Quinn out 4 times and our QB coach happened to be the guy that spent a month working out Quinn and getting him prepared for the draft so we had just about all the inside info on him a team could possible have...... And we passed on him.

We did however get a guy named Beck in the second round, a guy who had the highest velocity of any QB at the combine along with the highest wonderlic score by a QB.

There are certainly still a lot of Dolphins fans that cant believe and completely disagree with the move but we wont really know who was right for another 2 years or so. Time will tell.

The Spaz
04-29-2007, 07:20 PM
You seriously had Ginn that high? The guy is going to be a return man that is all.

feelthepain
04-29-2007, 07:20 PM
How many FinHeaven posters threw a nut when Ginn was selected?

I think the reason everyone "was" upset, was because for months the talk was Brady Quinn and us trading up for him. Plus the fact that Ginns stock dropped after injuring his foot injury. But to look back at it now and understanding where the fins FO placed their value on the players in the top 10, our pick was an excellent one. I love the thought of what Ginn brings, speed, speed, speed and more speed. He just pulls away from defenders like they're standing still. Miami also had a higher ranking on Beck then they did Quinn, they weren't the only ones, look at all the teams that needed a QB and passed on him. Brady Quinn will be a very good QB, but would he have been worth in guaranteed money what we would have paid him?? I doubt it, like I said in my pre draft analysis, he was only slightly better then the QB's behind him in this draft. I'm thrilled with our draft and the guys on ESPN loved it too.

streetkings01
04-29-2007, 07:25 PM
I think the reason everyone "was" upset, was because for months the talk was Brady Quinn and us trading up for him. Plus the fact that Ginns stock dropped after injuring his foot injury. But to look back at it now and understanding where the fins FO placed their value on the players in the top 10, our pick was an excellent one. I love the thought of what Ginn brings, speed, speed, speed and more speed. He just pulls away from defenders like they're standing still. Miami also had a higher ranking on Beck then they did Quinn, they weren't the only ones, look at all the teams that needed a QB and passed on him. Brady Quinn will be a very good QB, but would he have been worth in guaranteed money what we would have paid him?? I doubt it, like I said in my pre draft analysis, he was only slightly better then the QB's behind him in this draft. I'm thrilled with our draft and the guys on ESPN loved it too.You just keep telling yourself that a KR/PR/NFL slot WR is worth the #9 pick in the draft!:funny:

The Spaz
04-29-2007, 07:25 PM
How many of your pickswil see the field this year? Also I don't know about ESPN but NFLN questioned pretty much all your picks.

Novacane
04-29-2007, 07:29 PM
I see the shock has turned into spin spin spin. :rolleyes: A return man at #9 is a joke. If Buffalo had made that choice you'd be laughing your ass off at us.

feelthepain
04-29-2007, 07:36 PM
How many of your pickswil see the field this year? Also I don't know about ESPN but NFLN questioned pretty much all your picks.

Ginn, Booker, Satele at least!

feelthepain
04-29-2007, 07:37 PM
I see the shock has turned into spin spin spin. :rolleyes: A return man at #9 is a joke. If Buffalo had made that choice you'd be laughing your ass off at us.

Like I keep saying, we'll see.

dolphan117
04-29-2007, 07:40 PM
You seriously had Ginn that high? The guy is going to be a return man that is all.Yup I really did partially because Cam is our HC/OC. I would never have wanted him there if MM was still the OC would be inconsolable right now as MM had no concept of how to move a guy around and maximise his value.

One of the great things about Reggie Bush last year for the Saints was that he wasn't just a RB. He was an X factor player that they moved all over the place to create mismatches and generally become a nightmare for defenses to account for. They lined him up in the backfield, threw screens to him, used him on end arounds, lined him up in the slot, split him out wide, ran reverses etc. Having a guy with that much speed just changes how a D has to play your offense.

Obviously Ginn isn't quite as versatile as you aren't going to see him lined up much as the tailback in an I form but if you are inventive you can find multiple ways to get him the ball other than the traditional just throwing it to him. In fact Cam is already talking about this very thing, said that he was moved all over the place by Ohio State and that we will do that as well, also pointed out that Ginn was a high school QB so there is some things that can be worked with there.... Makes me think of the times LT was given that pitch..... Only to throw in down-field for the TD, you will probably see some of that attempted with Ginn as well.

*And no I am not saying that Ginn is as good as Bush, I am simply saying Ginn has unbelievable speed and if used correctly can open up the offense quite a bit.

don137
04-29-2007, 07:47 PM
Dolphan hit the nail on the head...time will tell...right now it is a very bitter pill to swallow not taking Quinn if you are a Dolphins fan and taking a punt returner with blazing speed with questionable receiving skills but only time will tell if this was a good choice or bad choice...

feelthepain
04-29-2007, 07:48 PM
You seriously had Ginn that high? The guy is going to be a return man that is all.

He was a heisman candidate, before he injured his foot in the National Championship game he was probably top 5 in this draft. Hell, he returned the opening KO for a TD against the eventual National Champs. That was clutch in the biggest game of his life.

ScrepsMJ
04-29-2007, 07:48 PM
anyone who thinks Ginn is a return man and nothing more is clueless. He will come in and work with the coaches to become a better all around receiver. Cameron and Mueller wouldn't have taken him if he was just a return man.

The Spaz
04-29-2007, 07:49 PM
we'll see...:snicker:

feelthepain
04-29-2007, 07:50 PM
Dolphan hit the nail on the head...time will tell...right now it is a very bitter pill to swallow not taking Quinn if you are a Dolphins fan and taking a punt returner with blazing speed with questionable receiving skills but only time will tell if this was a good choice or bad choice...

Only Bitter if Brady Quinn truns out to be a specail talent in the NFL, it's gonna be tough in Cleveland.

dolphan117
04-29-2007, 07:56 PM
How many of your pickswil see the field this year? Also I don't know about ESPN but NFLN questioned pretty much all your picks.Initial reaction by pretty much everyone was pretty harsh as everyone and his brother knew Miami was going to take Quinn at 9. After the dust settled though quite a few analyst were quite a bit more complementary.

Also the biggest reason not ending up with Quinn hasn't completely left me in tears is that I have kinda been up and down on him. Year before last he was very impressive and probably would have went number 1 had he come out..... But he stayed in, and the more I watched him this past year the more it seemed he was very average at times. I just kept going back and forth on whether really wanted him or not but as the draft got closer I was a late jumper on the bandwagon because I felt he would fit Cam's offense pretty well and we sure need a franchise QB right?

Now that we passed on him though after all the knowledge we had on him I am kinda rethinking things. Say what you will about Cam but the dude has had pretty outstanding success with QB's, I mean lets remember this is the guy that re lit Brees career after he was bad enough that the Chargers went out and got Rivers.... Then Brees goes to the Saints and in Steps Rivers, and off to the Pro-Bowl he goes. So when Cam talks about QB's I think its worth listening. When talking about QB's after drafting Beck he said that Becks accuracy is what set him apart from other QB's and went on to say that

"You teach guys who are accurate to be more accurate. Can you teach someone who isn't accurate to be accurate? I haven't had any luck doing that."I assume that was a backhanded explanation of one of the reasons we didn't take Quinn.... And the more post draft stuff is coming out the more it seems that rightly or wrongly we just didn't have Quinn that high, maybe not even as the number 3 qb on our board. Time will tell whether that was smart or an incredible blunder but given Cams success with QB's I am willing to wait and see how it turns out.

dolphan117
04-29-2007, 07:59 PM
Dolphan hit the nail on the head...time will tell...right now it is a very bitter pill to swallow not taking Quinn if you are a Dolphins fan and taking a punt returner with blazing speed with questionable receiving skills but only time will tell if this was a good choice or bad choice...Thing is if you are willing to move him around and get him the ball in unconventional ways he doesn't have to be a polished receiver to have a large impact on the offense. There is no question he needs real polish as a pure received but as a rookie he isn't going to be asked to be a pure receiver.

SABURZFAN
04-29-2007, 07:59 PM
suicide and Finheaven go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Aqua4Ever
04-29-2007, 08:00 PM
anyone who thinks Ginn is a return man and nothing more is clueless. He will come in and work with the coaches to become a better all around receiver. Cameron and Mueller wouldn't have taken him if he was just a return man.

Ginn torched every one of those top CBs in the draft. We got a play maker who can step on the field and play right away. Not to mention our quarterback for the next 10 years in Beck.

The experts keep saying the Dolphins had a good draft but the Bills, Jets and Pats fans seem to not understand. We got the #2 WR in the draft, the #3 QB(or #2 depending on who you are) and the #2 center. Not bad IMO.

dolphan117
04-29-2007, 08:01 PM
suicide and Finheaven go together like peanut butter and jelly.
Says the guy that only posts spam. :respect:

dolphan117
04-29-2007, 08:03 PM
Ginn torched every one of those top CBs in the draft. We got a play maker who can step on the field and play right away. Not to mention our quarterback for the next 10 years in Beck.

The experts keep saying the Dolphins had a good draft but the Bills, Jets and Pats fans seem to not understand. We got the #2 WR in the draft, the #3 QB(or #2 depending on who you are) and the #2 center. Not bad IMO.I think its a little early to say Beck is our QB for the next 10 years. It certainly would be nice but he has a lot to prove... Just like every other rookie QB. But yeah overall I don't hate this draft, not sure its a slam dunk but I don't hate it.

SABURZFAN
04-29-2007, 08:06 PM
Says the guy that only posts spam. :respect:

i read some of the posts over there.it was amusing. :peace:

dolphan117
04-29-2007, 08:09 PM
Honestly I'm not sure anyone in the AFC East had a bad draft and the Pats are going to have 2 first rounds picks next year. Again. I just hope Moss blows up on them but I dont think the chances of that happening are that great. At least not within the first year.

gr8slayer
04-29-2007, 08:12 PM
He was a heisman candidate, before he injured his foot in the National Championship game he was probably top 5 in this draft. Hell, he returned the opening KO for a TD against the eventual National Champs. That was clutch in the biggest game of his life.
Koy Detmer won it

Eric Crouch won it

Jason White won it

Chris Weinke won it

Ron Dayne won it

Danny Wuerffel won it

Where are they? The Heisman Trophy is not the most reliable indicator that someone will be a good pro.

YardRat
04-29-2007, 08:12 PM
The Ginn pick was questionable without a doubt. If rumors or info come out in the next couple of days that someone was after him and Miami had to grab him early or lose out, it would be more understandable (similar to our pick of Whitner last year).

I thought Beck was a great pick and I'm one of the group that thinks he'll be better than Quinn anyway.

gr8slayer
04-29-2007, 08:17 PM
For the record I really don't have anything against Ginn. I think he is the most explosive player in the draft this year (ala Reggie Bush last year.)

I'm not too sure about Beck but I honestly never saw the guy play so I'll reserve criticism till I see him in pads. Judging by his highlights though he looks VERY accurate. Should be interesting.

dolphan117
04-29-2007, 08:20 PM
The Ginn pick was questionable without a doubt. If rumors or info come out in the next couple of days that someone was after him and Miami had to grab him early or lose out, it would be more understandable (similar to our pick of Whitner last year).

I thought Beck was a great pick and I'm one of the group that thinks he'll be better than Quinn anyway.Actully right after the pick I beleive it was Adam Schefter who reported that the Texans were set to take him at 10, I beleive the Rams had signifigant intrest as well at 13

gr8slayer
04-29-2007, 08:21 PM
Actully right after the pick I beleive it was Adam Schefter who reported that the Texans were set to take him at 10, I beleive the Rams had signifigant intrest as well at 13
I can tell you for a fact that the Texans would not have taken him. Rams I'm not sure about.

LtFinFan66
04-29-2007, 08:22 PM
Not I

jmb1099
04-29-2007, 08:27 PM
Beck was a better pick for the Fins because of the division they play in. You need a QB with a rocket arm and Beck has that.
Jr is an interesting pick to say the least. They had welker who was already fast and I'm not saying Jr will or won't be better, but they had a similar guy so I don't really get it I guess.
Booker will do well once the fins get the oline solidified.

The Fins d may play well enough for another year or two before they need to replace some big talent.

The Pats look deperate to me. I'm not saying they won't be successful, its just that they appear desperate. Like anything and everyone else we won't know until we know.

LtFinFan66
04-29-2007, 08:28 PM
I am surprised I didn't get banned at FH though because I may have called a few people whiners and babies

LtFinFan66
04-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Beck was a better pick for the Fins because of the division they play in. You need a QB with a rocket arm and Beck has that.
Jr is an interesting pick to say the least. They had welker who was already fast and I'm not saying Jr will or won't be better, but they had a similar guy so I don't really get it I guess.
Booker will do well once the fins get the oline solidified.

The Fins d may play well enough for another year or two before they need to replace some big talent.

The Pats look deperate to me. I'm not saying they won't be successful, its just that they appear desperate. Like anything and everyone else we won't know until we know.Welker could not touch Ginn speed wise. He was quick and shifty, not fast

jmb1099
04-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Welker could not touch Ginn speed wise. He was quick and shifty, not fast
Ginn is a rocket, no doubt, but welker wasn't slow by any means. I just wonder and its something no one can know for a while if the fins wouldn't have been better served continuing to develop welker and using that top ten pick to fill some other pressing needs.

dolphan117
04-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Agreed LT

gr8slayer
04-29-2007, 08:34 PM
Welker could not touch Ginn speed wise. He was quick and shifty, not fast
Ginn >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Welker

BleedinGreenNC
04-29-2007, 09:02 PM
Ginn >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Welker

BY FAR!!!!

I think Ginn was a good pickup, but i was sure that Quinn was going to the Fins.

He may be a burner, but i heard that he is going to miss mini-camp.

gr8slayer
04-29-2007, 09:03 PM
BY FAR!!!!

I think Ginn was a good pickup, but i was sure that Quinn was going to the Fins.

He may be a burner, but i heard that he is going to miss mini-camp.
So? Whitner missed mini-camp last year and he turned out ok.

It's not like he won't be there learning the scheme and system, he just won't be participating.

I fail to see why everyone is making a big deal out of this, the guy has everything you need to be a good football player (things that you can't teach), I wouldn't be that worried.

BleedinGreenNC
04-29-2007, 09:16 PM
So? Whitner missed mini-camp last year and he turned out ok.

It's not like he won't be there learning the scheme and system, he just won't be participating.

I fail to see why everyone is making a big deal out of this, the guy has everything you need to be a good football player (things that you can't teach), I wouldn't be that worried.

Not saying that he doesnt have the skills to be a good player, all im saying is that they needed to solidify the most glaring need.

gr8slayer
04-29-2007, 09:49 PM
Not saying that he doesnt have the skills to be a good player, all im saying is that they needed to solidify the most glaring need.
Glaring need based on what? I think that Ginn has Bush type talent and that kind of talent only comes around every so many years.

They are clearly rebuilding, it doesn't happen overnight.

BleedinGreenNC
04-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Glaring need based on what? I think that Ginn has Bush type talent and that kind of talent only comes around every so many years.

The fact the DC is not guaranteed to be 100% by the start of the season, Cleo is not the answer, and there is no guarantee that they trade for Green. I know it doesnt happen overnight.

Dolphanzeke
04-29-2007, 11:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGyrgqOKZLg&mode=related&search= Im happy with the Draft and that video shows that speed kills and the route running lack of polish doesnt mean he cant have an impact as a reciever year 1...just watch the very first clip.

feelthepain
04-29-2007, 11:22 PM
The fact the DC is not guaranteed to be 100% by the start of the season, Cleo is not the answer, and there is no guarantee that they trade for Green. I know it doesnt happen overnight.

Well what we do know is that Cam Camerons system is a strong one and it works. Don't count out Culpepper or Lemon. Culpepper is closer to healthy then he's been since he was injured. As for Lemon the kid has legit skills, will he be a probowler, probably not, but he can play the game and if you need 5 or 6 wins as a backup, he can get you that. He's been in Cams system and Cam loves him. One thing is for sure, if you get an endorsement from Cam, he likes your ability. Lemon could make a real nice backup. We could also have Green by the time Camp starts. Miami will have a much better QB situation this year then they did last and their system will be better by far.

BTW, the reason Leon Hall's stock dropped and the reason Bill fans didnt want him, is because Ginn abused him. For those who think Ginns route running is lacking.

Al13
04-30-2007, 02:25 AM

I thought Beck was a great pick and I'm one of the group that thinks he'll be better than Quinn anyway.

it was rumored that Houston was ready to pick him up right behind us at #10

Al13
04-30-2007, 02:30 AM

i like your objective stance on our pick, i agree with ginn and the bush type talent, i also think lorenzo booker fits that mold , we injected a lot of speed in our offense the last 2 days thats for sure

Mitchy moo
04-30-2007, 05:30 AM
it was rumored that Houston was ready to pick him up right behind us at #10

Does houston have a QB problem like the Fins?? Different team, different needs.

gr8slayer
04-30-2007, 08:45 AM
i like your objective stance on our pick, i agree with ginn and the bush type talent, i also think lorenzo booker fits that mold , we injected a lot of speed in our offense the last 2 days thats for sure
That I don't personally agree with but to each his own I suppose.

gr8slayer
04-30-2007, 08:45 AM
Well what we do know is that Cam Camerons system is a strong one and it works. Don't count out Culpepper or Lemon. Culpepper is closer to healthy then he's been since he was injured. As for Lemon the kid has legit skills, will he be a probowler, probably not, but he can play the game and if you need 5 or 6 wins as a backup, he can get you that. He's been in Cams system and Cam loves him. One thing is for sure, if you get an endorsement from Cam, he likes your ability. Lemon could make a real nice backup. We could also have Green by the time Camp starts. Miami will have a much better QB situation this year then they did last and their system will be better by far.

BTW, the reason Leon Hall's stock dropped and the reason Bill fans didnt want him, is because Ginn abused him. For those who think Ginns route running is lacking.
Get over this idea that Culpepper has anything left in the tank. The guy is done with, accept it and move on.

HHURRICANE
04-30-2007, 09:07 AM
The bottom line is this:

Miami's draft wasn't horrible by any means. However, did they do anything significantly to make them a threat to us this year? No.

Miami not having Trent Green or Ricky Williams on their roster on opening day pretty much guarantee's the "bottom dwellers" tag.

feelthepain
04-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Does houston have a QB problem like the Fins?? Different team, different needs.

Ummm, what exactly has Scahub done in the NFL?? Stats please! We do know the Texans have one of the worst Olines in the NFL.

feelthepain
04-30-2007, 11:22 AM
The bottom line is this:

Miami's draft wasn't horrible by any means. However, did they do anything significantly to make them a threat to us this year? No.

Miami not having Trent Green or Ricky Williams on their roster on opening day pretty much guarantee's the "bottom dwellers" tag.

Really?? Well we'll just have to wait and see.