• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Mass Suicides at FinHeaven??

How many FinHeaven posters threw a nut when Ginn was selected?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Re: Mass Suicides at FinHeaven??

Not many have nuts since Dolphins and their fans are ball-less mammals so higher than reported percentages.

Comment

• dolphan117
      • Dec 2005

There was definitely mass confusion

That being said my draft board for who I wanted at 9 was Quinn directly followed by Ginn..... No way did I expect us to take Ginn over Quinn if both were there but I am slowly warming up to it. We worked Quinn out 4 times and our QB coach happened to be the guy that spent a month working out Quinn and getting him prepared for the draft so we had just about all the inside info on him a team could possible have...... And we passed on him.

We did however get a guy named Beck in the second round, a guy who had the highest velocity of any QB at the combine along with the highest wonderlic score by a QB.

There are certainly still a lot of Dolphins fans that cant believe and completely disagree with the move but we wont really know who was right for another 2 years or so. Time will tell.

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

You seriously had Ginn that high? The guy is going to be a return man that is all.

Comment

• feelthepain
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
          How many FinHeaven posters threw a nut when Ginn was selected?
          I think the reason everyone "was" upset, was because for months the talk was Brady Quinn and us trading up for him. Plus the fact that Ginns stock dropped after injuring his foot injury. But to look back at it now and understanding where the fins FO placed their value on the players in the top 10, our pick was an excellent one. I love the thought of what Ginn brings, speed, speed, speed and more speed. He just pulls away from defenders like they're standing still. Miami also had a higher ranking on Beck then they did Quinn, they weren't the only ones, look at all the teams that needed a QB and passed on him. Brady Quinn will be a very good QB, but would he have been worth in guaranteed money what we would have paid him?? I doubt it, like I said in my pre draft analysis, he was only slightly better then the QB's behind him in this draft. I'm thrilled with our draft and the guys on ESPN loved it too.

Comment

• streetkings01
            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by feelthepain
            I think the reason everyone "was" upset, was because for months the talk was Brady Quinn and us trading up for him. Plus the fact that Ginns stock dropped after injuring his foot injury. But to look back at it now and understanding where the fins FO placed their value on the players in the top 10, our pick was an excellent one. I love the thought of what Ginn brings, speed, speed, speed and more speed. He just pulls away from defenders like they're standing still. Miami also had a higher ranking on Beck then they did Quinn, they weren't the only ones, look at all the teams that needed a QB and passed on him. Brady Quinn will be a very good QB, but would he have been worth in guaranteed money what we would have paid him?? I doubt it, like I said in my pre draft analysis, he was only slightly better then the QB's behind him in this draft. I'm thrilled with our draft and the guys on ESPN loved it too.
            You just keep telling yourself that a KR/PR/NFL slot WR is worth the #9 pick in the draft!
            You can call me streetkings

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

How many of your pickswil see the field this year? Also I don't know about ESPN but NFLN questioned pretty much all your picks.

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

I see the shock has turned into spin spin spin. A return man at #9 is a joke. If Buffalo had made that choice you'd be laughing your ass off at us.

Comment

• feelthepain
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by The Spaz
                  How many of your pickswil see the field this year? Also I don't know about ESPN but NFLN questioned pretty much all your picks.
                  Ginn, Booker, Satele at least!

Comment

• feelthepain
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Novacane
                    I see the shock has turned into spin spin spin. A return man at #9 is a joke. If Buffalo had made that choice you'd be laughing your ass off at us.

Like I keep saying, we'll see.

Comment

• dolphan117
                      • Dec 2005

You seriously had Ginn that high? The guy is going to be a return man that is all.
                      Yup I really did partially because Cam is our HC/OC. I would never have wanted him there if MM was still the OC would be inconsolable right now as MM had no concept of how to move a guy around and maximise his value.

One of the great things about Reggie Bush last year for the Saints was that he wasn't just a RB. He was an X factor player that they moved all over the place to create mismatches and generally become a nightmare for defenses to account for. They lined him up in the backfield, threw screens to him, used him on end arounds, lined him up in the slot, split him out wide, ran reverses etc. Having a guy with that much speed just changes how a D has to play your offense.

Obviously Ginn isn't quite as versatile as you aren't going to see him lined up much as the tailback in an I form but if you are inventive you can find multiple ways to get him the ball other than the traditional just throwing it to him. In fact Cam is already talking about this very thing, said that he was moved all over the place by Ohio State and that we will do that as well, also pointed out that Ginn was a high school QB so there is some things that can be worked with there.... Makes me think of the times LT was given that pitch..... Only to throw in down-field for the TD, you will probably see some of that attempted with Ginn as well.

*And no I am not saying that Ginn is as good as Bush, I am simply saying Ginn has unbelievable speed and if used correctly can open up the offense quite a bit.

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

Dolphan hit the nail on the head...time will tell...right now it is a very bitter pill to swallow not taking Quinn if you are a Dolphins fan and taking a punt returner with blazing speed with questionable receiving skills but only time will tell if this was a good choice or bad choice...

Comment

• feelthepain
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Mar 2005

He was a heisman candidate, before he injured his foot in the National Championship game he was probably top 5 in this draft. Hell, he returned the opening KO for a TD against the eventual National Champs. That was clutch in the biggest game of his life.

Comment

• ScrepsMJ
                            • Jun 2005

anyone who thinks Ginn is a return man and nothing more is clueless. He will come in and work with the coaches to become a better all around receiver. Cameron and Mueller wouldn't have taken him if he was just a return man.

Comment

• The Spaz
                              • Mar 2003

we'll see...

Comment

Working...
                              X