PDA

View Full Version : What about Briggs?

patmoran2006
04-29-2007, 07:20 PM
Given that this offense should be good enough to be a contender right now.. would you give up your 2008 first draft pick if your Marv Levy for Lance Briggs?

He's still young, obviously a Pro Bowler and a Crowell, Pos, Briggs combo would be mighty formidable for years to come..

X-Era
04-29-2007, 07:25 PM
Given that this offense should be good enough to be a contender right now.. would you give up your 2008 first draft pick if your Marv Levy for Lance Briggs?

He's still young, obviously a Pro Bowler and a Crowell, Pos, Briggs combo would be mighty formidable for years to come..

No I wouldnt.

Next years 2nd and our extra 3rd? That I might do.

patmoran2006
04-29-2007, 07:26 PM
LB is still a weak spot on this team..

If we're a decent team, we'll be picking in the second half of the first round next year.. I think Briggs helps the team more than that pick will.

of course, Briggs will take a pile of money to sign, so its not going to happen anyway.. I just think this defense is a really solid LB away from being good

Mudflap1
04-29-2007, 07:43 PM
I'd do it in a heartbeat. However, I don't think our guys will pay him what he wants... just my $.02.

Jon

Ed
04-29-2007, 09:54 PM
The homer in me wants to believe that Ellingson could really take strides this year, but Briggs would clearly be a huge addition to our D and would be hard to pass up. I hate trading first round picks though. It takes all the fun out of the draft when it actually comes, especially if we don't have a good year.