PDA

View Full Version : David Harris vs Poz

Bills232
04-29-2007, 08:42 PM
If we stayed put we could have just gotten Harris....

Why trade up for Poz?

I watch a lot of Big 10 football and I actually think Harris is better than Poz..

Truth be told my first two picks probably would have been Revis and Harris(Jets picks).

W1DER1GHT
04-29-2007, 08:48 PM
I'd rather have Poz. Harris was a very good linebacker at Michigan, but he was helped out by a great D- line in front of him, which, IMO, made him look much better than he really was. I'm not saying Poz is head and shoulders above Harris, but I am saying that Harris had a heck of a lot more help than Pos, so it makes it a little harder to tell what type of player Harris really is.

Bills232
04-29-2007, 08:49 PM
Ya but we could have saved picks with Harris..

Philagape
04-29-2007, 08:54 PM
Poz is much more suited for our defense. Harris is a liability in pass coverage.

gr8slayer
04-29-2007, 08:55 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=126062

W1DER1GHT
04-29-2007, 08:59 PM
Ya but we could have saved picks with Harris..

I think Poz will prove to be the much better player in the long run, and only time will tell. Marv wanted Poz, and nothing was going to stop him from doing what he had to do to get him, the clearly thought a lot of hi to try to trade into the first round to get him. Just be happy we were only able to get Detroits pick in the second, because moving into the first would have cost us a heck of a lot more.

ParanoidAndroid
04-29-2007, 09:18 PM
When Poz is able to play without the knee brace, no one will question the pick. He is going to be awesome in the middle. I was concerned that he would be a liability in coverage against NFL TE's and slot receivers if he played outside, but inside I think is his natural fit. Several people who have been around the Nittany Lions for a long time said, during Poz's junior year, that he could be the best LB ever to come out of Penn State. Better than Conlan? Time will tell.

madness
04-29-2007, 10:08 PM
i'm a Michigan fan and love Harris but he honestly isn't on the same level as Poz. People seem to forget he was the best LB in the country before his injury.

BILLSROCK1212
04-29-2007, 10:22 PM
i'm a Michigan fan and love Harris but he honestly isn't on the same level as Poz. People seem to forget he was the best LB in the country before his injury.i reeeeeeally don't wanna be negative but a small part of me is worried Pos wont be able to return to his old form but if he can this draft earns an A++++++

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-30-2007, 07:09 AM
i'm a Michigan fan and love Harris but he honestly isn't on the same level as Poz. People seem to forget he was the best LB in the country before his injury.

You can't be a Michigan fan then. I will say that I like Harris better. He wasn't a product of the system. I will say that Branch was, but Harris is a football player. I will also say he was one of the best LBs in college football last year. I like the Poz now that the Bills drafted him, but I will still think Harris is the better LB.

Jan Reimers
04-30-2007, 07:24 AM

Why trade up for Poz?

The simple answer is: What we casual fans think doesn't matter.

The football professionals who run the Bills like Poz a lot more than Harris.

(A lot of us would have taken Siler fairly high, too, except the guys who actually do this for a living must feel he is seriously flawed. He went at pick 240, I believe.)

User Manuel
04-30-2007, 07:29 AM

Why trade up for Poz?

I watch a lot of Big 10 football and I actually think Harris is better than Poz..

Truth be told my first two picks probably would have been Revis and Harris(Jets picks).

Maybe they just liked Poz better? I think it came down to speed and I think the feel Poz will fit their scheme better. I am not sure this is fair, but so be it.

Bills232
04-30-2007, 09:23 AM
Maybe they just liked Poz better? I think it came down to speed and I think the feel Poz will fit their scheme better. I am not sure this is fair, but so be it.

The Jets GM said that Harris was higher than Willis on their board

patmoran2006
04-30-2007, 09:23 AM
I"ve wondered the same thing..

I dont know all that much about harris but I've heard he was the hardest hitter in the entire draft... I've also heard that in a cover two POs was probably the better fit (I dont know for sure)

I suspect that Pos is a big time character and chemistry guy that I'm sure Levy took into account.

At this point, the only thing that bothers me is had we not made the trade we could've taken Harris, still an upgrade over anyone we had on the roster, kept pick #74 and got Jason Hill (WR).; I HATE Peerless Price or Josh Reed as our #2.

But We gotta see POS play first. marv invested pretty heavy to get him.

BTW, how HARD are the jets now at ILB with Vilma AND David Harris.. Yikes

madness
04-30-2007, 09:43 AM
i reeeeeeally don't wanna be negative but a small part of me is worried Pos wont be able to return to his old form but if he can this draft earns an A++++++

1. 2003: Suffered a right knee anterior cruciate ligament tear against Houston (Sept. 6) that required surgery, missing the rest of the season.

2004: Injured his knee vs. Iowa (Sept. 29), sitting out the next five games against Indiana, Minnesota, Illinois, Purdue and Michigan State. 2005: Held out of the season opener against Northern Illinois (Sept. 3) after suffering a high ankle sprain in August camp.

2. 2006: Suffered partial tears of the right knee posterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments during the Orange Bowl (Jan. 3) game against Florida State, but the injury did not require surgery.

3. 2003: Suffered a right knee anterior cruciate ligament tear against Houston (Sept. 6) that required surgery, missing the rest of the season.

2004: Injured his knee vs. Iowa (Sept. 29), sitting out the next five games against Indiana, Minnesota, Illinois, Purdue and Michigan State. 2005: Held out of the season opener against Northern Illinois (Sept. 3) after suffering a high ankle sprain in August camp.

4. 2002: Suffered torn ligaments in his left knee during spring drills in 2002, and until late October, 2003, he still seemed to favor his leg some (did not show that sudden burst explosion on deep routes like he did prior to the injury, but he continues to make progress with his rehab) Required ACL surgery.

1. AJ Hawk
2. Poz
3. Harris
4. Lee Evans

Poz's injury was the only one that did not require ACL surgery.

I can't believe people are questioning the two-time winner of the Bednarik Award and a Butkus Award winner who played in the same conference as Harris and Hawk.