PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: David Harris vs Poz

gr8slayer
04-29-2007, 08:50 PM
Forked from: David Harris vs Poz (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=1953202)

If we stayed put we could have just gotten Harris....

Why trade up for Poz?

I watch a lot of Big 10 football and I actually think Harris is better than Poz..

Truth be told my first two picks probably would have been Revis and Harris(Jets picks).I didn't watch many Michigan games (maybe two) but I did watch quite a few Penn State games. I really like Posluszny, he is just a flat out football player and that's what you need at the LB spot. I think he comes in and take over the Defense by mid-season (kind of like Tatupu did with Seattle.)

I know people keep throwing around his speed but honestly, having played football the better part of my life I can tell you that 40 speed is the second most overrated thing next to the QB Rating. I'm more interested in speed on tape and that is what Posluszny has.

Revis would have been nice but we seriously do not need a CB, I feel like a broken record but you do not need an all-star CB with the Cover 2 Zone. This Defense is built upon the "bend but don't break" philosophy. It can make even the most average of CB's (which I still don't think McGee is) look like Pro-Bowlers. BTW, the Cover 2 part of it, we have these two guys behind the CB's, I don't know if you've heard of them; SIMPSON and WHITNER, two of the better young Safeties out there.

This team is going on it's second year in this system and will continue to improve with time, I personally don't think we are a play-off team yet and I don't think Marv and Co. think we are either. I think they went into this knowing that we are still a good year or two away from really and truly competing for the East, they came into the off-season and freaking cleaned house. They got rid of all the trash that TD accumulated over time and are now re-building it in their eyes. Not a bad thing at all.

We will be in the play-off hunt IMO until the last week or two of the season, I think we may even surprise some and pull off some upsets against teams like NE and Baltimore, but we are still at least a year off.

gr8slayer
04-29-2007, 09:52 PM
bump