PDA

View Full Version : I absolutley LOVE that...

Devin
04-29-2007, 10:28 PM
AJ Smith didnt get **** for Turner.

Greedy ol *****, congrats you get nothing for him and SD still isnt gonna win the SB.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-29-2007, 10:34 PM
Actually what they did get was a freakin' awsome RB for one more year and they just may get that ring with him.

I agree he was greedy, but they do still retain Turner.

The Spaz
04-29-2007, 10:37 PM
He walks next year and gets nothing. Good job AJ. Turner knows he's wanted now and will be licking his lips at free agency next year.

SABURZFAN
04-29-2007, 10:42 PM
smith is overrated.the guy can't even draft good.from 2004-2006,he had 26 draft picks.12 of them are out of football today.

acehole
04-29-2007, 11:34 PM
I think his agent was the problem in that deal. Wanted too many Dollars...the picks werent a problem.

He walks next year and gets nothing. Good job AJ. Turner knows he's wanted now and will be licking his lips at free agency next year.

Goobylal
04-29-2007, 11:35 PM
The Chargers won't win the SB this year and they probably won't get more than a 5th rounder for Turner in 2009. I'm glad AJ got bent over on this one.

ublinkwescore
04-30-2007, 03:10 AM
AJ can choke on a fat one.

I'm glad we got Marshawn.

As soon as Willis was off the board, I knew it was as good as done.

I called a few picks before they happened - like Landry to the Skins - I couldn't believe Detroit would yet again take a WR with their #1 - does Matt Millen not feel any job insecurity?

Oh yeah, and the Ted Ginn pick... I was laughing my @$$ off when I heard that - wasn't he a possible 2nd rounder?

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-30-2007, 07:06 AM
I pretty much listened to the NFL network before the draft and after the Jacksonville pick and someone said that AJ Smith might actually look into franchising Turner next year. Now that is funny talk.

BTW, I don't think AJ Smith really cares, SD is right there to win the Super Bowl and they probably look at it that they can win the Super Bowl. If San Diego does anything less, than he is going to regret it.

Night Train
04-30-2007, 07:12 AM
Before SD starts talking SB, they may be wise to actually try winning 1 freakin' playoff game.

Devin
04-30-2007, 08:02 AM
SD isnt gonna win the SB.

Turner not only walks in 08 but given the draft class and other potential FA's he may not even get near what he wanted.

HHURRICANE
04-30-2007, 08:09 AM
Camelboy, seriously give me my props!!

EDS
04-30-2007, 08:14 AM
AJ Smith didnt get **** for Turner.

Greedy ol *****, congrats you get nothing for him and SD still isnt gonna win the SB.

So you are mocking the GM of a winning team? A team that has remained competitive while restocking with star-caliber young talent like Rivers, Merriman, McNeil and Castillo?

Devin
04-30-2007, 08:19 AM
I am mocking a GM who seriously over-valued his backup RB, played chicken with 2-3 teams and lost.

HHURRICANE
04-30-2007, 08:22 AM
I am mocking a GM who seriously over-valued his backup RB, played chicken with 2-3 teams and lost.

In fairness the guy said he wasn't budging 2 months ago, went on National radio and said "I want to keep him and that's why his tender is so high." They feel they are as close as they are ever going to get to a SB so why risk it.

The Pats gave away a bunch of picks because they are close. They made room for signing Moss. Same thing.

Devin
04-30-2007, 08:25 AM
SD is absolutley close I dont argue that? But why not get value while you can. A 2nd and 3rd this year or next....whatever they can not only replace Turner but get anothet young body on thier team.

EDS
04-30-2007, 08:26 AM

So it is a crime for a GM to value one of his own players highly? Smith said he wasn't going to trade him unless he got top dollar in return. Nothing wrong with that.

Devin
04-30-2007, 08:26 AM
There is nothing wrong with that at all.

HHURRICANE
04-30-2007, 08:34 AM
SD is absolutley close I dont argue that? But why not get value while you can. A 2nd and 3rd this year or next....whatever they can not only replace Turner but get anothet young body on thier team.

Because they are trying to win now. If LT goes down, even for a couple of games, Turner might get those extra wins for you. Imagine the Bills in the 90's without some of the depth we had. Frank Reich for one.

Win now never meant more than it does now with the new CBA.

camelcowboy
04-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Camelboy, seriously give me my props!!I have never been so happy to eat crow in my life. Lynch, Poz 1 and 2 couldn't ask for anything better. I like the 4th round rb two, sounds like a real banger who might be able to pick up a 3rd and 1. Best of all both those men will be running behind Peters and Dockery. Im stoked.

HHURRICANE
04-30-2007, 10:14 AM
I have never been so happy to eat crow in my life. Lynch, Poz 1 and 2 couldn't ask for anything better. I like the 4th round rb two, sounds like a real banger who might be able to pick up a 3rd and 1. Best of all both those men will be running behind Peters and Dockery. Im stoked.

The Turner trade doesn't look very good now. I actually think San Diego did us a very big favor.

justasportsfan
04-30-2007, 10:17 AM
smith is overrated.the guy can't even draft good..

Whatever

ddaryl
04-30-2007, 10:24 AM
The Turner trade doesn't look very good now. I actually think San Diego did us a very big favor.

In hindsight I agree.

I wanted Turner over Lynch a while back, but after getting some more info on Lynch and listening to his interviews etc... I have to agree SD/AJ might have done us a favor.

TacklingDummy
04-30-2007, 10:26 AM
The pick (74th) the Bills recieved in the McGahee trade was traded to the Lions and then the Lions traded it back to the Ravens.

HAMMER
04-30-2007, 11:10 AM
You say he didn't get **** for him like he overplayed his hand, he didn't. He turned down a 1st round pick for Turner, obviously they value him greatly.

AJ Smith is a bad GM? Are you kidding? He pulled off one of the best draft days in recent history last year. He has his team right in the mix and it will be for at least a few more years, they are very young and very talented. If not for a couple of very bone headed plays that were no fault of Smiths they move past NE last year. Some of you guys just make yourselves look silly in an attempt to bash.

Ickybaluky
04-30-2007, 01:45 PM
Smith says they'll keep Turner now, and nobody came up with enough value to make it worth giving him up:

“Michael Turner will be a Charger in 2007,” Smith said. “There’s been a lot of activity concerning Michael over the last several months and continued all the way through the draft. We could have entertained offers all the way through October. But Norv Turner andI just got out of a personnel meeting and we made the decision that our football team is built for 2007 and Michael Turner will be a part of it. I’m calling teams that were interested and telling them that we’re no longer going to entertain offers. Michael is here.” ...

Smith said all along that he was flexible with what he might take for Turner but he was also more than comfortable with Turner remaining in San Diego next season unless the right deal came along. That deal never came, and Smith made the decision to close any further conversations.

“The bottom line is that we have a value on our players,” Smith said. “Whatever we do, we have a value. Other teams have their values. If they come together with our values, deals and contracts are struck. It’s quite obvious that our value on Michael was higher than the value other teams had on him, so we’re thrilled that he’ll be a Charger for another year.”

LINK (http://www.chargers.com/news/headlines/smith-turner-will.htm)

Michael82
04-30-2007, 03:55 PM
Good post! I myself am laughing at Smith too. He looks like such a moron for turning down all those offers, raising the stakes too high and letting everyone fold.

justasportsfan
04-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Good post! I myself am laughing at Smith too. He looks like such a moron for turning down all those offers, raising the stakes too high and letting everyone fold.
they have the luxury to keep Turner.

I don't think we have the right to be laughing at the rich and saying they look like morons when we're just barely getting out of welfare just because we cashed our last welfare check.

Mr. Miyagi
04-30-2007, 04:05 PM
they have the luxury to keep Turner.

I don't think we have the right to be laughing at the rich and saying they look like morons when we're just barely getting out of welfare just because we cashed our last welfare check.
Funny thing is the rich is going to be losing some sought after property for no return next year solely due to their short-sightedness.

:lolpoint: AJ Smith

patmoran2006
04-30-2007, 04:07 PM
They'll get a 3rd for him next year as a comp pick.

If they turned down a first this or next year they are stupid.. But if the best comp they could get was a 2nd rounder I'd rather take that third (comp) then have to worry about how a rookie would fit in.. Not to mention Turner does return kicks too for them (and was 4th in the NFL)

Michael82
04-30-2007, 04:34 PM
Funny thing is the rich is going to be losing some sought after property for no return next year solely due to their short-sightedness.

EXACTLY! :hi5:

EDS
04-30-2007, 04:44 PM
EXACTLY! :hi5:

Kind of like the compensation the Bills got for Nate Clements?

And when you have a starter like LT I doubt Smith is sweating much.

camelcowboy
04-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Gil Brant on NFL radio says dallas offered there 1st round pick 22 for turner and AJ turned it down. I don't care what anyone says he's a ******.

Michael82
04-30-2007, 04:59 PM
Gil Brant on NFL radio says dallas offered there 1st round pick 22 for turner and AJ turned it down. I don't care what anyone says he's a ******.
Oh wow! Yeah, he is a ****ing idiot!

:lolpoint: AJ "arrogant piece of ****" Smith

gr8slayer
04-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Lynch > Turner/Peterson/Anyone other RB drafted this year.

SABURZFAN
04-30-2007, 05:21 PM
Whatever

start no **** and there won't be no ****.

you've been warned.

Devin
04-30-2007, 06:29 PM

Perfectly stated.

G. Host
04-30-2007, 08:16 PM
They still miay be able to trade for a pick next year if a team loses a RB. Too early to tell if it is a mistake and it might be worth it in reputation since teams will less likely to call their offers as bluffs. Even if he never intended to trade him he increased the value of the player if he decides to tag him next year. When I'd play poker I'd ofter lose a pot to keep myself known as a tough bidder.

Philagape
04-30-2007, 08:34 PM
There are worse things in the world than having a good backup to your franchise player.

justasportsfan
04-30-2007, 09:02 PM

If you put it that way, you're right. My bad.Stupid millionaires. If they can afford to throw away prime properties that way , maybe they can give us one for nothing next year.

In the meantime let us bills fans all go back to the projects. Hopefully we'll have a better year and get to move to the town line between the decent neighborhood and the ghetto.