PDA

View Full Version : You play GM....

GarnOFreak
04-30-2007, 02:00 AM
Okay you have the following picks:
12, 34, 92, 111, 184, 222, 239
Who do you take at those spots(you can grab someone at or below that selection, but not above it)?

Mine would have been:
12 Lynch RB
34 Poz LB
92 Michael Bush RB
111 Fred Bennett CB
184 Ben Patrick TE
222 CJ Wilson CB/S
239 Brandon Siler LB

The only thing we really gave up was the backup QB. And taking a chance on Bush healing completely would mean that our Backfield would be awesome for the next few years. I am happy with the value we got for our picks this year, I just wish we filled more needs with the picks we had and had more of them...3 and 4th round picks still had plenty of decent names to choose from.

Don't Panic
04-30-2007, 09:53 AM
I think Rufus Alexander is the one pick that I wish we had made, whether it be at #92 or #111. I just feel he was a really good value there and made more sense than QB or RB. He could have competed to start with the corp of LBers we have... something we definitely can't say about Edwards or Wright.

camelcowboy
04-30-2007, 09:57 AM
One pick i would change is 92, Hughes with our third rounder. I would be far more happier today then i am.

Philagape
04-30-2007, 10:01 AM
The top two was a perfect combo, but I would have wet my pants if the next three went like this:

3. Daymeion Hughes CB
4. Josh Beekman G
6. Ben Patrick TE

But I do love the Wendling pick too. Anything after the sixth round doesn't matter much to me.

TacklingDummy
04-30-2007, 10:02 AM
Im happy the way the Bills picked.

they needed...

Starting RB :check:
Starting LB :check:
Backup QB with potential to become starter if JP struggles :check:
RB depth :check:

Players picked in 6th and 7th rounds really make no difference to me. Chance of them being on the roster and producing are slim no matter who they would have picked.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

OpIv37
04-30-2007, 10:06 AM
I like the first two picks but I'm disappointed that we got no LB or CB depth out of this draft, and a nice bonus would have been a potential #2 receiver (especially given the contracts that Reed and Price signed- they're both heavily backloaded and one or both won't be here in 2008).

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-30-2007, 10:46 AM
1. Lynch - they picked the right player. This team needs to identify itself. The only thing they have now is Lee Evans. Lynch brings a face to the franchise to sell tickets next season. Oh yeah, the kid can play.

2. Poz at 43. I don't think they had to move up, but even if he was taken, I would have went with David Harris.

3. #74 - without trading this pick up. Jonathan Wade. I really liked Wade and it would have added another body in the defensive backfield that wasn't a safety.

4. #92 - I can't argue with the Edwards pick. A lot of you seem to think that this causes a QB controversy when it doesn't. Great value here. Edwards is a good QB that was on a horrible team.

5. I was thinking that Ben Patrick here, but then seeing him slip down that far.

6. The Wedling pick makes some sense in a rotation, good special teams player role.

Any player picked in the 7th was OK with me.

mysticsoto
04-30-2007, 11:12 AM
Okay you have the following picks:
12, 34, 92, 111, 184, 222, 239
Who do you take at those spots(you can grab someone at or below that selection, but not above it)?

Mine would have been:
12 Lynch RB
34 Poz LB
92 Michael Bush RB
111 Fred Bennett CB
184 Ben Patrick TE
222 CJ Wilson CB/S
239 Brandon Siler LB

The only thing we really gave up was the backup QB. And taking a chance on Bush healing completely would mean that our Backfield would be awesome for the next few years. I am happy with the value we got for our picks this year, I just wish we filled more needs with the picks we had and had more of them...3 and 4th round picks still had plenty of decent names to choose from.
No QB for our 3rd string?

In truth, I don't have a problem with the 1st 3. I think I might have changed it slightly to the following:

1. Lynch (RB) - With Patrick Willis gone, I'm not upset with this pick...
2. Pos (LB) - I'm okay with the trade up for him!
3. Trent Edwards (QB) - decent prospect
4. Zak DeOssie (ILB) - Big inside LB with decent speed for size!
6. John Wendling (S) - excellent value pick up here!!!
7a. CJ Wilson (CB) - tall cover 2 type corner with good hands
7b. Johnathan Holland (WR) - can play ST though would still likely be a PS candidate initially.

GarnOFreak
04-30-2007, 05:01 PM
For some reason I was wanting C.Leak for the 3rd string and Nall for 2nd.

gr8slayer
04-30-2007, 05:11 PM
The only thing I would have done differently is pick Ben Patrick, I personally thought we had a chance to pick up a passing threat.

SABURZFAN
04-30-2007, 05:34 PM
i'm happy with the draft for the most part but the 7th round would have looked better if we had tim duckworth-G-Auburn and travarous bain-CB-Hampton.

Devin
04-30-2007, 06:26 PM
lol god bless Bills fans.....never satisfied.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Who isn't satisfied, isn't this for fun?