PDA

View Full Version : LaRon Harris

The Spaz
04-30-2007, 06:25 AM
The Bills have signed DT LaRon Harris. Apparently this guy is quite athletic and also quite an underachiever, has great potential though.

He was one of the biggest players in Tennessee's 2002 football signing class. He also proved to be one of the biggest disappointments. After two seasons as an overweight underachiever, he flunked out of school.

http://tennessee.scout.com/2/633388.html?refid=400

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=7&p=8&c=1&nid=1404397

Night Train
04-30-2007, 06:35 AM
They had a NY Times article on this guy a couple weeks back.

He was up around 370 and was solid. Showed him doing one handed hand stands and back flips. A rare physical freak that is a wise gamble as a FA. Nothing to lose and his athleticism is off the charts. DT prospect.

Glad we were the team that got him signed. No risk and possible great reward.

Jan Reimers
04-30-2007, 06:55 AM

He was up around 370 and was solid. Showed him doing one handed hand stands and back flips. A rare physical freak that is a wise gamble as a FA. Nothing to lose and his athleticism is off the charts. DT prospect.

If we could get this guy's head screwed on straight, we might have something.

jdbillsfan
04-30-2007, 08:02 AM

I think that is a different guy. Walter Harris or something. Played at a community college.

HHURRICANE
04-30-2007, 08:11 AM
I'll bet you $1,000 that he makes the roster and plays this year.

Jason Peters II!!

Bulldog
04-30-2007, 08:24 AM
I think that is a different guy. Walter Harris or something. Played at a community college.

Walter Thomas. Any way to find out if somebody has signed him?

Slim
04-30-2007, 09:17 AM
He's better than Tim Anderson.

mysticsoto
04-30-2007, 09:55 AM
Laron Harris is a likely PS candidate who will need to develop and refine, and lose some lbs - how bad does he want it will now come into play! However, that gives us good time to evaluate what we have and see who needs to be dumped next year. McCargo needs to step it up. Another injury can be costly for him. The same goes for everyone...barring injuries, that defensive line might get the most scrutinized this year - and could have implications toward who we draft early on day 1 next year!

OpIv37
04-30-2007, 10:04 AM
this seems like this year's Constantine Ritzman or Lionel Gates- a guy we all like in pre-season who ends up not making the roster.

ShadowHawk7
04-30-2007, 10:48 AM
Just make sure we get some decent competition and WR and CB.
Jackie battle is still out there too.

oak tree 12
04-30-2007, 02:11 PM
The Bills have signed DT LaRon Harris. Apparently this guy is quite athletic and also quite an underachiever, has great potential though.

He was one of the biggest players in Tennessee's 2002 football signing class. He also proved to be one of the biggest disappointments. After two seasons as an overweight underachiever, he flunked out of school.

http://tennessee.scout.com/2/633388.html?refid=400

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=7&p=8&c=1&nid=1404397

i cant find it anywhere where he is signed,wgr just reported 7 signings and said nothing about him,dont know if i believe it!!!!!!!!!!!

gr8slayer
04-30-2007, 02:15 PM
Never heard of him.

Ickybaluky
04-30-2007, 02:34 PM
ESPN had a puff piece on him recently, written by Elizabeth Merrill, in case you are interested in reading it.

With nothing but a bed and a bagful of clothes, a man can stare at a ceiling at night and ponder just about everything. Sometimes, LaRon Harris wondered if he'd ever make a name for himself. And he wondered what name that would be.

"That's what you stand on, your name," Harris' mentor, Earl Lester Jr., used to say. "People remember you by your name and first impressions. You just have to make the best of both of them."

It is late March, a long time removed from the day he left Tennessee for his last shot at football at Northwestern Oklahoma State, and Harris is trying to stand on his own. The gigantic kid who yearned to get noticed by the NFL scouts has rabid message-boarders typing "LATE-ROUND STEAL" and "Draft LaRon Harris now!"

The hulking nose tackle with the once-wandering work ethic is leaner and works out twice a day. Harris is finally in control, it seems, and then he pulls out his driver's license and eyes a name he doesn't know.

It says LaRon Moore.

MORE... (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/news/story?id=2813421)

Mr. Miyagi
04-30-2007, 02:42 PM
this seems like this year's Constantine Ritzman or Lionel Gates- a guy we all like in pre-season who ends up not making the roster.
Martin Lance

Bulldog
04-30-2007, 02:43 PM
Hey NE39, a little while back there was a thread about Walter Thomas. Any idea if he got drafted or signed?

EDS
04-30-2007, 02:47 PM
I'll bet you $1,000 that he makes the roster and plays this year.

Jason Peters II!!

Wouldn't it be more like Pat Williams v.2.0?

Ickybaluky
04-30-2007, 02:52 PM
Hey NE39, a little while back there was a thread about Walter Thomas. Any idea if he got drafted or signed?

No, haven't heard his name yet. He wasn't drafted.

OpIv37
04-30-2007, 03:02 PM
Martin Lance

thanks- I was thinking of him but couldn't come up with his name.

Saratoga Slim
04-30-2007, 03:16 PM
I think it was Martin Nance. With an "N'.

The Spaz
04-30-2007, 03:19 PM
Hey DDaryl why the F did you groan me for posting someone we signed?

justasportsfan
04-30-2007, 03:23 PM
Practice Squad. We brought in a big dude last year who who made Adams look medium sized who was drafted high during his class and ended up being camp fodder last year.I Forget his name

Ickybaluky
05-02-2007, 05:30 AM

He signed with the Saints.

TigerJ
05-02-2007, 07:06 AM
Laron Harris is a likely PS candidate who will need to develop and refine, and lose some lbs - how bad does he want it will now come into play! However, that gives us good time to evaluate what we have and see who needs to be dumped next year. McCargo needs to step it up. Another injury can be costly for him. The same goes for everyone...barring injuries, that defensive line might get the most scrutinized this year - and could have implications toward who we draft early on day 1 next year!

Yeah, if he sticks with the Bills at all. it will be as a PS member. he's just going to be too raw to really contribute.

On an unrelated note, It is interesting that he has been variously listed anywhere from 6'2" to 6'4." In the article I saw the other day, he was listed at 6'4" and 340 lbs currently, having weighed as much as 370. I would think if he carried 320 and got his body fat down under 10%, that would be ideal.

PIZ
05-02-2007, 11:21 AM
I can't find anywhere that actually says we signed Leron Harris.

Gunzlingr
05-02-2007, 11:23 AM
Practice Squad. We brought in a big dude last year who who made Adams look medium sized who was drafted high during his class and ended up being camp fodder last year.I Forget his name

Aaron Gibson?

TigerJ
05-02-2007, 01:13 PM
I can't find anywhere that actually says we signed Leron Harris.The Bills site has nothing official on any undrafted fre agents yet. The news came from www.draftdaddy.com (http://www.draftdaddy.com) I don'tthink anyone can telly you where he got it from, but these guys are usually on top of that stuff.

Billsouth
05-02-2007, 01:47 PM
i thought marv only like good character guys. he sounds like a potential thug.

TigerJ
05-02-2007, 08:08 PM
I see nothing that says thug about him. He was immature at Tennessee and made some dumb decisions by his own admission. He's grown up enough to see that he was doing some dumb things and he found an agent who is trying to show him the path back. I see nothing in that which says he is a potential thug.