Like JP and I'm very happy with Lynch but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Like JP and I'm very happy with Lynch but...

Guys, Willis wasn't that bad at catching balls. Matter of fact, JP had a hard time throwing a decent screen pass to him last year. In addition, we couldn't afford to put Willis out there catching balls because our OL sucked so bad.

I keep hearing about how Lynch is a great threat but is JP capable of getting the ball to him? I'm being totally serious.

JP is going to have to really get better at this or I don't see the big upgrade.
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Like JP and I'm very happy with Lynch but...

Hopefully the improvements on the O-line work out and the TE and RBs won't have to stay in to block as much.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
      Hopefully the improvements on the O-line work out and the TE and RBs won't have to stay in to block as much.
      Whoever has taken over Tackling Dummy's computer please don't hurt him.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

in the highlights I saw of Lynch, several of his passing plays had him lining up in a bunch formation and running a route like a WR, or running down the seam like a TE.

Basically, JP needs to improve on short passes but Lynch can be a deeper threat too.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

JP improved on his short passes towards the 2nd half of the year but I'm not satisfied. There's so much left on the table with guys like Parrish. If he doesn't improve Lynch will be another waste.

The Pats' bread and butter in their dynasty run was Brady arguably being the best short passer since Montana.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• jmb1099
            • Sep 2004

Agree with Op...Lynch has the ability to run deep routes.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
              in the highlights I saw of Lynch, several of his passing plays had him lining up in a bunch formation and running a route like a WR, or running down the seam like a TE.

Basically, JP needs to improve on short passes but Lynch can be a deeper threat too.

Exactly. All McGahee ever caught were screens, Lynch can be lined up at WR and catch the ball anywhere on the field.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

I bet Lynch can put up more than 990 yards rushing and have alot more big runs.

Comment

• Pride
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JJamezz
                  Exactly. All McGahee ever caught were screens, Lynch can be lined up at WR and catch the ball anywhere on the field.
                  Thats the big difference. Marshal Faulk was able to start in an H back spot behind QB to give the look of a 2 TE/1WR or 3 WR formation, then split out and create a 2 TE/2WR or even a 4 WR formation.

Now you have a LB on a RB in the passing game. That is how you create mismatches in an offense.

He also was a starting QB in high school so he can throw the ball. Which of course, gives you Ladanian Tomlinson type options (half back pass)

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                    Pinkerton's son
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Pride
                    Thats the big difference. Marshal Faulk was able to start in an H back spot behind QB to give the look of a 2 TE/1WR or 3 WR formation, then split out and create a 2 TE/2WR or even a 4 WR formation.

Now you have a LB on a RB in the passing game. That is how you create mismatches in an offense.

He also was a starting QB in high school so he can throw the ball. Which of course, gives you Ladanian Tomlinson type options (half back pass)
                    Versatility is so good to have. Sure, McGillis could catch a screen if you threw it at him. So can I. Big deal.

Like everyone is already saying, we can motion him out, split him out, and create mismatches that will work in our favor. Can you see Willis split out, running routes? Cuz i cant. thats why I am so excited to see what fairchild can do with him out there.

Comment

• streetkings01
                      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      Guys, Willis wasn't that bad at catching balls. Matter of fact, JP had a hard time throwing a decent screen pass to him last year. In addition, we couldn't afford to put Willis out there catching balls because our OL sucked so bad.

I keep hearing about how Lynch is a great threat but is JP capable of getting the ball to him? I'm being totally serious.

JP is going to have to really get better at this or I don't see the big upgrade.
                      I think i'll take the coaching staffs word over yours since they see him in practice and all!
                      You can call me streetkings

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride

Please God no trick plays.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                          Pinkerton's son
                          • Feb 2006

thank god Mularkey isnt here, lord knows what he'd do!!!!

mularkey

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

Normally i'd agree with this ever since the Travis henry dolphins toss INT, but i saw clips of Lynch. And in one play, the guy was clearly running to the sides to throw the ball and saw nothing available. So he put it down and put in a dazzling run with nothing available. That alone was fun. A guy smart enough to know when to hold em and know when to fold em.

Last year's team finally showed discipline. Every play wasn't mired in a 10 yrd holding call. and when you can have a team that is disciplined to not make stupid mistakes time and time again, you have a team that has the ability to actually execute a trick play. So i'm not so worried about the trick play for this team.

Comment

• ddaryl
                              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                              • Jan 2005

Willis, IMO wasn't very good in finding the opening for the dump off or the screen. Part of the problem was JP, but an equal part of th eproblem was Willis' inability to find the opening that gave JP a lane to get him the ball.

Lynch IMO will be a better runner, and have Thurman capabilites out of the backfield.

Comment

Working...
                              X