PDA

View Full Version : Now that the draft is over....

Dr. Lecter
04-30-2007, 08:20 AM
How many games will the Bills win this year?

patmoran2006
04-30-2007, 08:24 AM
Right now.. I see about 6.

That could change.

CSFAN
04-30-2007, 08:26 AM
It's a tough schedule, but I still see us finishing in 2nd in the AFC East. That could be 9 wins, possibly 10.

TacklingDummy
04-30-2007, 09:25 AM
4 to 6

OpIv37
04-30-2007, 09:27 AM
I picked 7 because that would equal 06, but I think it'll be a struggle to get there.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-30-2007, 10:43 AM
I took a risk and said 8 because, while I think that it will be a struggle for this team to match last season's 7 wins against the schedule that they must play, there's always something that comes up during the course of a season where a team that everyone thinks will do very well ends up falling apart and being far less formidable than everyone thought they were going to be. I think there are a couple of teams like that on the Bills' schedule and they could end up picking up a win or two that, right now, we might not expect them to be able to win.

With all of the young players, rookies and new players that I expect will be on this team, I expect the Bills to be competitive and play hard in all of their games once again. That should, at least, keep the score close in most of their games. And, because they managed to squeak out a couple of close wins at the end of last season, I think that they may be able to start to learn how to win those kinds of close games more consistently.

That being said, their youth and inexperience is also likely to cost them some games as well. Consequently, it is very likely that they will win some that they shouldn't win but also lose a couple that they probably should win.

While I think that the team will be better than last year's squad, overall, the competition will be stiffer, too. And, that likely will mean that their improvement will not show as much as it should in their record. Still, I think that they will be able to win as many games as they did last season and possibly squeeze out one more win than they were able to come up with last year, leaving them just on the outside of the playoffs. If they get a break or two, though, they could manage to overtake the Jets and be in the mix for a playoff berth. But, if that happens, I will be very happy to say that I was wrong and underestimated what they were capable of doing against this slate of opponents.

patmoran2006
04-30-2007, 10:47 AM
It's a tough schedule, but I still see us finishing in 2nd in the AFC East. That could be 9 wins, possibly 10.
Im all due respect (and Im aware games are played on the field and not message boards).. But I'm extremely curious as to how/why you see us overtaking the NY Jets?

To me with Thomas JOnes, Reevis and David Harris the Jets are easily LEGITIMATE AFC contenders

Romes
04-30-2007, 10:51 AM
I think 8 is reasonable. Could be more if this offense lives up to its potential. Could easily be less if they don't.

OpIv37
04-30-2007, 11:20 AM
to sum up, it seems like another season with a lot of uncertainty. If a few things click, it could be a decent season. If they don't, it's gonna be more of the same.

casdhf
04-30-2007, 11:22 AM

Romes
04-30-2007, 11:24 AM
to sum up, it seems like another season with a lot of uncertainty. If a few things click, it could be a decent season. If they don't, it's gonna be more of the same.

cliche but true

BleedinGreenNC
04-30-2007, 12:17 PM
i chose 8 games for you guys, due to the fact that i think you are better than what the teams record was. Our division is so tough, that a game here, or a game there, could mean the difference between 2nd and 4th place.

We all know that the Pat's are taking the East, after what they have done, i wouldnt be suprised if they won it all.

Michael82
04-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Either 8 or 9.

gr8slayer
04-30-2007, 09:03 PM
I think we will pull out six wins this year.

I expect us to be ready to make a run this time in '08 though.