PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins draft gets an A+ from the Sporting News!

Mad Bomber
04-30-2007, 08:22 AM
They graded the Dolphins' draft an A+.:idunno:

The Bills got a B.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=202062

LtFinFan66
04-30-2007, 08:23 AM
WOW! :shocked: That even surprises me!

HHURRICANE
04-30-2007, 08:30 AM
Ted Ginn is no Lee Evans.

If I were a Miami fan I might be upset at this point.

How good does Jauron and Levy look now?!!

Gunzlingr
04-30-2007, 08:44 AM
The Czar @ Foxsports gave them a C- and us and A

MIAMI DOLPHINS (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/draftTracker?team=15&year=2007)

Czar's breakdown: Outside of new head coach Cam Cameron, few personnel men I spoke with liked his first draft. Most thought the Dolphins really reached on Ohio State receiver/returner Ted Ginn, Jr. who still isn't healthy. Ginn could develop into a game-breaking receiver, but most teams rated him lower in the round. BYU quarterback John Beck is 26 and very accurate and Cameron loves his intelligence, and obviously they weren't interested in Brady Quinn. Beck was judged by most teams as the fourth to fifth best quarterback in this draft. Utah defense tackle Paul Solia in the fourth round was decent value. Florida State RB Lorenzo Booker might end up being the draft's best all-purpose runner. But why do they need him if Ricky Williams is returning? The best thing the Dolphins did was not cave into Kansas City's demands for QB Trent Green, who probably will be released later in June.

Grade: C-

Static
04-30-2007, 08:45 AM
Ted Ginn is no Lee Evans.

If I were a Miami fan I might be upset at this point.

Why would i be upset? because we didn't pick what espn told us we should pick? and your right Tedd Ginn is no Lee Evans he is better or worse, but no one knows yet cause none of these kids have played yet in the NFL.

Pinkerton Security
04-30-2007, 08:45 AM
How can they possibly get an A+ when they had their franchise Qb staring them in the face and didnt even have to trade up for him, then took a guy who is more of a special teams threat and cant run routes in Ginn??

Im not saying the Bills draft was perfect, but even in the 2nd the Phins could have gotten Edwards or Stanton, both of whom were rated higher than Beck on most charts. I guess we'll see how it works out, but I see Ginn as an injury prone bust of a receiver unless he learns how to run routes, bc speed isnt everything in the NFL.

don137
04-30-2007, 08:49 AM
Hey, I am sure many Bills fans would give them an A+. Would you rather see them draft a franchise QB at #9 or a punt returner....

Mitchy moo
04-30-2007, 09:08 AM
Yeah & the fins are going to the SB as well right?? Very F-in stupid to give Miami anywhere above a c, at best.

Jan Reimers
04-30-2007, 09:16 AM
I was all set to resubscribe to the Sporting News, but if that's all they've got, it's cheaper and easier to gag on Dolphin propoganda from FTP.

Statman
04-30-2007, 09:19 AM
They graded the Dolphins' draft an A+.:idunno:

The Bills got a B.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=202062
B is favorable considering the circumstances. If the Bills don't get A+ production from both Lynch and Pos this fall that grade will shrivel to a D quickly.

The team didn't draft one player besides the pair that even has a shot at starting.

With so many starting spots requiring upgrades, how that makes sense is the question of the season.

HHURRICANE
04-30-2007, 09:27 AM
Beck as a starter?!! Hmmm.

Marshawn Lynch at #12 is alot more of an impact than Ginn at #9.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-30-2007, 09:28 AM
:rofl:

That is one writer I won't be reading.

BAM
04-30-2007, 09:29 AM
A+ are you kidding me???

Jan Reimers
04-30-2007, 09:33 AM
Beck as a starter?
If that's the case, our 3rd stringer Edwards will be better than their starter. I like when that happens.

Michael82
04-30-2007, 09:34 AM
OMG! They gotta take Cameron's **** out of their mouth! :ill:

:lmao:

Statman
04-30-2007, 09:36 AM
:rofl:

That is one writer I won't be reading.
Oh, of course not. You'll stick with the comic book fantasy writers that write what you want to hear regardless of how much evidence they can provide to dissuade you from thinking that the Bills are positioned to win the division.

;)

feelthepain
04-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Ginn was a heisman candidate and until he injured his ankel in the National Championship game he was a top 5 prospect. He injured his ankel on the opening kickoff when he returned it for a TD!! Miami also needed to address the WR position, we needed a guy that help stretch the field and make plays, Ginn does both and he abused some of the best CB's taken in this draft, everyone will have to adjust to the next level who's to say Lynch will have more success in the NFL then Ginn?? In College Ginn was a much more explosive threat then Lynch, but Lynch will touch the ball more, for obvious reasons.

Miami had the chance to take Brady Quinn with their first pick and not even trade up to get him. They passed on him because they didn't have him graded higher then Ginn or Beck. Think about this also, Quinn was on the board till most of the first round, if Quinn were as good as you Bill fans are trying to make him out to be, then why did so many pass on him?? Most teams philosophy is to take the best player on the board when they draft.

You Bill fans are throwing around words like franchise QB and if that's really what he is then how can 20+ other teams pass on Quinn? How can any team pass on the most important position in the NFL if there's a sure fire frachise QB (which you Bill fans think Miami passed on) on the board waiting to be had?? Obviously there were a lot of people in the last two or three years watching a lot of film, interviewing and having personal workouts with Brady Quinn and yet he sat in the Green room for an awful long time. Doesn't that tell you that the Browns, Lions and Packers (Rogers isn't the answer) who also need a Franchise QB passed on him.

Calvin Johnson is a freak, but he's not a "Franchise QB" but the lions pass on a future "Franchise QB", Joe Thomas was the best T in the draft, but he's no "Franchise QB" and the Browns passed on Quinn. I think the hype aound Brady Quinn was just that hype. If he were really as great as you Bill fans want to claim, then he would have been drafted in the top 5 and we wouldn't have had a shot at him.

I wanted Brady Quinn because I also believed the hype, but considering we passed on him and many other teams did the same I have to consider there was a reason for it. I can only read about Brady Quinn, I can't sit down and talk to him or have thousands of hours of game film to break down or have personal workouts with him, so all I can do is believe the hype. By the fact that Quinn wasn't taken till late in the first tells me teams weren't 100% sure about his ability, so for now that's all we have. All of us will have to wait to see what he becomes, however going to Cleveland he'll have to be everything that was reported about him before the draft and then some, cause that team has a huge hill to climb.

As for the rest of Miami's draft, we also drafted players that will fill needs. We drafted a couple of Olinemen that were considered good picks. Miami will move Vernon Carey from RT to LT and move Shelton from LG to RT. That gives Miami a lot of guy's to move around between the T's to experiment with. Cameron and Houck belive Carey can play very well at LT and he's gotten better every year since he was drafted. Ofcourse this is just mini camp and who knows how things will pan out, but Miami's line got much better in this draft and I expect between FA and the draft our Oline will be much better.

Miami also made it a point to address ST, Booker, Smith, Wright, Fields and Maula were drafted to possibly fill those needs. We lost Bowens, Morris, Minor, Jones and Welker all key ST players and Randy and Cam wanted to adress those positions while also adding depth to their positions.

Beck, wow all I can do is suggest you check out any film you can find on this guy. He moves very well in the pocket, has a quick release, a strong arm and tons of smarts. He's very humble and down to earth, he loves the game and there were a few teams that had him graded higher then Quinn. The knock on him is his age, but he's only 25, he'll be 26 by the time the season starts. If he were much older I'd also have a problem with it, but he can still play a lot of years in the NFL....if he's lucky enough! I love the pick and I hope he gets every chnce to play, I still hope Daunte returns healthy and leads us to a really good season setting up a possible trade for a 2nd or 3rd to offset what we paid for him giving Beck a year to learn the system and watch how it's done. I wouldn't even be upset if Daunte played 2 more years for us and Beck sat and waited. Beck could still have a 10 year career.

LtFinFan66
04-30-2007, 10:43 AM
Those of you who keep calling Ginn only a punt returner clearly never watched Ohio State play or have much college football knowledge. And you make me laugh so that is a bonus for me. But I hate to say it.....there is a ride on a short bus in your near future. Sorry!

mikemac2001
04-30-2007, 10:43 AM
Ginn could be like hester or hall but i dont see him ever being a Solid Wr maybe a number 3 and highest a number 2. thats not worth 9 ovr pick in my mind

LtFinFan66
04-30-2007, 10:44 AM
Beck as a starter?!! Hmmm.

Marshawn Lynch at #12 is alot more of an impact than Ginn at #9.time will tell

Jan Reimers
04-30-2007, 10:44 AM
Ginn was a heisman candidate and until he injured his ankel in the National Championship game he was a top 5 prospect. He injured his ankel on the opening kickoff when he returned it for a TD!!

Miami had the chance to take Brady Quinn with their first pick and not even trade up to get him. They passed on him because they didn't have him graded higher then Ginn or Beck. Think about this also, Quinn was on the board till most of the first round, if Quinn were as good as you Bill fans are trying to make him out to be, then why did so many pass on him?? Most teams philosophy is to take the best player on the board when they draft.

You Bill fans are throwing around words like franchise QB and if that's really what he is then how can 20+ other teams pass on Quinn? How can any team pass on the most important position in the NFL if there's a sure fire frachise QB (which you Bill fans think Miami passed on) on the board waiting to be had?? Obviously there were a lot of people in the last two or three years watching a lot of film, interviewing and having personal workouts with Brady Quinn and yet he sat in the Green room for an awful long time. Doesn't that tell you that the Browns, Lions and Packers (Rogers isn't the answer) who also need a Franchise QB passed on him.

Calvin Johnson is a freak, but he's not a "Franchise QB" but the lions pass on a future "Franchise QB", Joe Thomas was the best T in the draft, but he's no "Franchise QB" and the Browns passed on Quinn. I think the hype aound Brady Quinn was just that hype. If he were really as great as you Bill fans want to claim, then he would have been drafted in the top 5 and we wouldn't have had a shot at him.

I wanted Brady Quinn because I also believed the hype, but considering we passed on him and many other teams did the same I have to consider there was a reason for it. I can only read about Brady Quinn, I can't sit down and talk to him or have thousands of hours of game film to break down or have personal workouts with him, so all I can do is believe the hype. By the fact that Quinn wasn't taken till late in the first tells me teams weren't 100% sure about his ability, so for now that's all we have. All of us will have to wait to see what he becomes, however going to Cleveland he'll have to be everything that was reported about him before the draft and then some, cause that team has a huge hill to climb.

As for the rest of Miami's draft, we also drafted players that will fill needs. We drafted a couple of Olinemen that were considered good picks. Miami will move Vernon Carey from RT to LT and move Shelton from LG to RT. That gives Miami a lot of guy's to move around between the T's to experiment with. Cameron and Houck belive Carey can play very well at LT and he's gotten better every year since he was drafted. Ofcourse this is just mini camp and who knows how things will pan out, but Miami's line got much better in this draft and I expect between FA and the draft our Oline will be much better.

Miami also made it a point to address ST, Booker, Smith, Wright, Fields and Maula were drafted to possibly fill those needs. We lost Bowens, Morris, Minor and Welker all key ST players and Randy and Cam wanted to adress those positions while also adding depth to their positions.

Beck, wow all I can do is suggest you check out any film you can find on this guy. He moves very well in the pocket, has a quick release, a strong arm and tons of smarts. He's very humble and down to earth, he loves the game and there were a few teams that had him graded higher then Quinn. The knock on him is his age, but he's only 25, he'll be 26 by the time the season starts. If he were much older I'd also have a problem with it, but he can still play a lot of years in the NFL....if he's lucky enough! I love the pick and I hope he gets every chnce to play, I still hope Daunte returns healthy and leads us to a really good season setting up a possible trade for a 2nd or 3rd to offset what we paid for him giving Beck a year to learn the system and watch how it's done. I wouldn't even be upset if Daunte played 2 more years for us and Beck sat and waited. Beck could still have a 10 year career.
Proves my earlier point.

ublinkwescore
04-30-2007, 10:50 AM
The Czar @ Foxsports gave them a C- and us and A

For those of you looking for this...

Here it is - http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6746812

we got the highest grade in the AFC...

HAMMER
04-30-2007, 11:00 AM
Ginn was a luxury pick the Dolphins could not afford while they are rebuilding. But the rest of their draft was solid. Who's to say Beck can't become a great QB? Just wait before passing judgement, that's what you all wanted everyone to do with our "questionable" draft last year. You can't have it both ways.

Mad Bomber
04-30-2007, 11:01 AM
For those of you looking for this...

Here it is - http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6746812

we got the highest grade in the AFC...

My favorites were these:
http://msn.foxsports.com/name/FS/NFL/SiteElement/Image/Helmets/Right/4 INDIANPOLIS COLTS (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/draftTracker?team=11&year=2007)

http://msn.foxsports.com/name/FS/NFL/SiteElement/Image/Helmets/Right/34 TENNESSEE TITANS (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/draftTracker?team=34&year=2007)

TedMock
04-30-2007, 11:02 AM
I love watching Miami lose, but I'm not going to hop on the bad draft bandwagon. I feel that Ginn was taken a little high, but he was easily the No. 2 WR in the draft and he's a burner. Lorenzo Booker was real solid pick seeing that Ricky Williams will probably not be there. I'm going to assume Miami cuts ties before the season. Booker is a good back and will do well relieving Brown.

As for Ginn, the real question is going to be who is throwing him the ball. If they get production out of the QB position, Ginn will be what Peerless Price was for us in 2001. Chambers is the No. 1 guy and will be for the next couple of years. Ginn is certainly a worthy No. 2 and that could work out very well in his development to the top spot. We already know he's a great return guy as well. He and Chambers along with Brown and Booker make a pretty scary offensive arsenal. Again, it all depends on the QB.

feelthepain
04-30-2007, 11:04 AM
Proves my earlier point.

Which is what?

Gunzlingr
04-30-2007, 11:07 AM
My favorites were these:
http://msn.foxsports.com/name/FS/NFL/SiteElement/Image/Helmets/Right/4 INDIANPOLIS COLTS (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/draftTracker?team=11&year=2007)

http://msn.foxsports.com/name/FS/NFL/SiteElement/Image/Helmets/Right/34 TENNESSEE TITANS (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/draftTracker?team=34&year=2007)

The Indianapolis Bengals or the Cincinnati Colts?
The Tennessee Texans, or the Houston Titans?

feelthepain
04-30-2007, 11:08 AM
I love watching Miami lose, but I'm not going to hop on the bad draft bandwagon. I feel that Ginn was taken a little high, but he was easily the No. 2 WR in the draft and he's a burner. Lorenzo Booker was real solid pick seeing that Ricky Williams will probably not be there. I'm going to assume Miami cuts ties before the season. Booker is a good back and will do well relieving Brown.

As for Ginn, the real question is going to be who is throwing him the ball. If they get production out of the QB position, Ginn will be what Peerless Price was for us in 2001. Chambers is the No. 1 guy and will be for the next couple of years. Ginn is certainly a worthy No. 2 and that could work out very well in his development to the top spot. We already know he's a great return guy as well. He and Chambers along with Brown and Booker make a pretty scary offensive arsenal. Again, it all depends on the QB.

All any of us can do is wait and see. The one thing Miami has needed to do for the last 5 or 6 years is add expolsive skill players, Ginn and Booker give us that. Booker is also a return guy we have definately improved our ST's with the addition of Ginn and Booker alone.

feelthepain
04-30-2007, 11:09 AM
The Indianapolis Bengals or the Cincinnati Colts?
The Tennessee Texans, or the Houston Titans?

Yeah just like , the LA Raiders are on the clock!!

LtFinFan66
04-30-2007, 12:18 PM
Ginn was a luxury pick the Dolphins could not afford while they are rebuilding. But the rest of their draft was solid. Who's to say Beck can't become a great QB? Just wait before passing judgement, that's what you all wanted everyone to do with our "questionable" draft last year. You can't have it both ways.Not really a luxury pick IMO. Booker will possibly be gone, Welker is gone. That leaves Chambers and Hagan(who we don't have a good feel for yet)

finfan34
04-30-2007, 01:22 PM
bills fans were calling quinn overrated last week, now hes a franchise QB?

YardRat
04-30-2007, 01:26 PM
Quinn is over-rated....I still think Beck is going to be a better pro. Ginn is a 'wait-and-see."

I thought Miami did pretty well with their draft. Not an A-plus by any means, but better than a C.

I'd rate the 'phins and the Bill's drafts about equal.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Those of you who keep calling Ginn only a punt returner clearly never watched Ohio State play or have much college football knowledge. And you make me laugh so that is a bonus for me. But I hate to say it.....there is a ride on a short bus in your near future. Sorry!

I have watched every Ohio State snap and I actually have a DVD of every play that involved Ted Ginn Jr. (his senior year) and I will tell you he needs a lot of work to become an effective WR in the pros. Speed doesn't mean you are going to be a great WR in the pros. He was definitely a great WR in college because OSU had a great line and a good QB and he basically ran go routes and three step curls and was thrown the ball and let him run against college defensive backfields. However, the Dolphins best move was not drafting Quinn.

Dolphanzeke
04-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Everyone keeps talking about Ginns inabilty to get off the line in the Pro game...every scouting report I have read list getting off the line as a strength of his not a weakness....and seriously what happens when someone wiffs on the Bump?? considering one of his other strengths is tracking the ball over the shoulder I would think a wiff = 6 for Miami. I have no crystal ball but to say he is at best a #3 at this point seems a little silly.

feelthepain
04-30-2007, 01:42 PM
I have watched every Ohio State snap and I actually have a DVD of every play that involved Ted Ginn Jr. (his senior year) and I will tell you he needs a lot of work to become an effective WR in the pros. Speed doesn't mean you are going to be a great WR in the pros. He was definitely a great WR in college because OSU had a great line and a good QB and he basically ran go routes and three step curls and was thrown the ball and let him run against college defensive backfields. However, the Dolphins best move was not drafting Quinn.

You could say the same thing about Posluszny or any player. Every player in the draft needs to improve things. Posluszny is weak against the pass, I don't see you knocking that and he cost the Bills a couple of first day picks. You need to understand, Ginn fills two needs for the Dolphins.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-30-2007, 01:45 PM
You could say the same thing about Posluszny or any player. Every player in the draft needs to improve things. Posluszny is weak against the pass, I don't see you knocking that and he cost the Bills a couple of first day picks. You need to understand, Ginn fills two needs for the Dolphins.

There is no question about Poz, you can easily find my thoughts on him over these boards over the past couple of weeks. But this isn't a post about the Bills picks, it is about the Dolphins getting an A+ on their draft, which is crazy. Why would I knock my own team though? Give me a break, nothing is more fun that cracking on Miami and let their fans get their panties in a bunch.

Static
04-30-2007, 01:50 PM
There is no question about Poz, you can easily find my thoughts on him over these boards over the past couple of weeks. But this isn't a post about the Bills picks, it is about the Dolphins getting an A+ on their draft, which is crazy. Why would I knock my own team though? Give me a break, nothing is more fun that cracking on Miami and let their fans get their panties in a bunch.

they should be grading last years draft instead of this one.

feelthepain
04-30-2007, 01:58 PM
There is no question about Poz, you can easily find my thoughts on him over these boards over the past couple of weeks. But this isn't a post about the Bills picks, it is about the Dolphins getting an A+ on their draft, which is crazy.

I think you're hoping Miami's draft wasn't an A+, not that you know it isn't. Nobody knows what this draft will be, most everyone is basing their opinions on others opinions. It's by no means a glimps into the future, like I said and Bill fans constanly ignore, Ginn was a top 5 prospect before he injured his foot in the National Championship game, it preventedf him from working at the combine and hapered his pesonal workout's but even at 75% he still ran a 4.4 in the 40.

Every year players rise and fall from the smallest of things and Ginn fell because of the injury, look at Cutler last year, he never had a winning season at Vandy, never played in a Bowl game and wasn't even a thought in peoples minds after the 05 College football season, but he throws the ball 75 yards in the air at the combine and he was the man!!!

Most things in the NFL and especially the draft come down to what you do in a 5 month period between the end of the college season and the end of the combine and little to do with a players entire career.

I could care less what people think of this draft the day after it ended, be it good or bad. Talk to me in 3 or 4 years when the players taken have been healthy and contributed making the team better or worse, right now is just speculation and NO ONE has a clue what will happen.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-30-2007, 02:29 PM
they should be grading last years draft instead of this one.

OK, last years Dolphins draft might have been the worst in the NFL.

Mr. Miyagi
04-30-2007, 02:34 PM
Yeah just like , the LA Raiders are on the clock!!
I agree that it's easy to say so and so had a bad draft, but until they actually play we don't know squat about the draft class. Guys we were in the same boat last year and we defended ourselves like FTP is doing for the Phish right now. Gotta give them the benefit of a doubt.

With that said, I hope Ginn is a bust. :snicker:

FinFaninBuffalo
04-30-2007, 03:12 PM
How can they possibly get an A+ when they had their franchise Qb staring them in the face and didnt even have to trade up for him, then took a guy who is more of a special teams threat and cant run routes in Ginn??

Im not saying the Bills draft was perfect, but even in the 2nd the Phins could have gotten Edwards or Stanton, both of whom were rated higher than Beck on most charts. I guess we'll see how it works out, but I see Ginn as an injury prone bust of a receiver unless he learns how to run routes, bc speed isnt everything in the NFL.

Ginn never missed a start in college. How is that injury prone? They passed on Quinn because the liked Beck more. Philly had a 3rd round grade on Quinn so Miami wasn't the only team that wasn't sold on Quinn.

The injury was a fluke situation caused by an idiotic player after returning the opening kickoof of the national championship game for a TD.

FinFaninBuffalo
04-30-2007, 03:23 PM
If that's the case, our 3rd stringer Edwards will be better than their starter. I like when that happens.

Edwards started 7 games during his senior year and lost every one of them. He missed games every season in college. He was ranked purely on potential. He hasn't produced a thing since he was in high school.

He was injured (http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/edwards_trent) 10 different times over those four years and in addition to missing those 11 games he was also forced to leave 5 more because of injury.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-30-2007, 03:35 PM
I swear this to everyone, there is no worse board name that I can ever dream of than:

FinFaninBuffalo

Are you kidding me? What, daddy didn't love you enough and he was a big Bills fan?

Jan Reimers
04-30-2007, 03:36 PM
Which is what?
Read my post #9 in this thread. The way you and FFiB can rationalize things, you could eat a s**t sandwich and convince yourselves it was a ham and cheese on rye.

FinFaninBuffalo
04-30-2007, 06:17 PM
I swear this to everyone, there is no worse board name that I can ever dream of than:

FinFaninBuffalo

Are you kidding me? What, daddy didn't love you enough and he was a big Bills fan?

Or...... I didn't need to win daddy's approval by cheering for the same football team as him.....

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-30-2007, 06:35 PM
Or...... I didn't need to win daddy's approval by cheering for the same football team as him.....

OK, he was the one with daddy issues.

Mr. Cynical
04-30-2007, 06:41 PM

7-9.

In the end, the only fact that matters is the W-L record.

G. Host
04-30-2007, 07:00 PM
The writer of the mock must grade on the graduate school scale - everyone passes but only the team whose father donates gets the A. Certainly not a bell curve.

!Papacrunk!
04-30-2007, 07:08 PM
We got an A+, who cares????

It never matters when someone in the media says something bad, so why should it when they say something good? It helps the ego, and for some-their self esteem, but really does it matter?

Some in this thread have mentioned it already, but there are a lot of very VERY similar parallels to our draft this year, compared to the Bills last year. Of course not everything was exactly the same, but the theme is almost identical. I guess I could sift through posts from a year ago, but I'm feeling a bit lazy now lol.

I wouldn't give our draft an A+, but at utmost homer I say low B- to non-homer a C to C+. Give it time, because the grades that meam anything are the ones given to the draft class in 3 years or more.

Al13
04-30-2007, 07:29 PM
Yeah & the fins are going to the SB as well right?? Very F-in stupid to give Miami anywhere above a c, at best.

i think it is actually pretty stupid to give grades BEFORE anyone of these players has played a down in the NFL

but one things for sure you guys havent seen ginn play a lot the last few years do ya.....:dance:

feelthepain
04-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Read my post #9 in this thread. The way you and FFiB can rationalize things, you could eat a s**t sandwich and convince yourselves it was a ham and cheese on rye.

Really, so thinking positive is something you have an issue with.....unless it's a Bill fan doing it?? Find a post where I say anything other then "if" and "maybe". I'm not procaliming the Dolphins draft anything, but a wait and see. If you see me post a positive spin on something I'll almost guarantee it's to the contrary of a trash talking negative post from a Bills fan. Just because this is a Bill site doesn't give you the right to post like a baby who only gets what you want and everyone else has to follow your rules or you're gonna take your ball and go home, grow up and deal with the fact tht the Dolphins have also gotten better this weekend, much to your dismay.

I'll also guarantee I've said more positive things about the Bills draft then you've said about the fins, I don't listen to what the the "experts say" I do my own research and watch as much film and college games as I can.

feelthepain
04-30-2007, 07:46 PM
Everyone keeps talking about Ginns inabilty to get off the line in the Pro game...every scouting report I have read list getting off the line as a strength of his not a weakness....and seriously what happens when someone wiffs on the Bump?? considering one of his other strengths is tracking the ball over the shoulder I would think a wiff = 6 for Miami. I have no crystal ball but to say he is at best a #3 at this point seems a little silly.

You mean like this Gem?? Notice this report was after his injury:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Ted Ginn - Impresses in April Sprint Workout Ginn's Yearbook Scouting Report

Submitted by frank coyle on Thu, 04/12/2007 - 11:21am. NFL Draft Prospects

NFL.com Gil Brandt reported on Ted Ginn's brief workout at Ohio. St.

He did not run at the Combine or OSU's Pro Day -- worked out on campus before representatives of most of the NFL teams. He ran his 40s in 4.38, 4.44 and 4.45 seconds. He ran no shuttles and did no jumps, and because of his sore foot, stopped running routes after doing about 20 of them. Three head coaches were there: Scott Linehan (Rams), Marvin Lewis (Bengals) and Cam Cameron (Dolphins). Also there were Dolphins general manager Randy Mueller and Rams vice president for player personnel Tony Softli.

Actual Scouting Report in Draft Insiders' Yearbook

2. * Ted Ginn #7 - 5’11” 180 lbs. - Ohio St. - Sp. 4.35 Rating 94

Electrifying all purpose junior performer is one of the most explosive playmakers from the college ranks to enter the NFL early in the past two decades. Ted is a fast junior receiver/return specialist who shows explosiveness after he gets his hands on the ball whether in the pass or return game to change games instantly. He is one of the best playmakers in recent memory whose development progressed nicely over his career. He is both fast and quick with the rare explosive burst to separate easily and be dangerous from anywhere on the field. He possesses fine hands with the speed to get deep and hit the home run regularly and the excellent running skills after he gets his hands on the ball to pressure the defense. He has made big plays since this inaugural season flashing the rare explosiveness to be dangerous every time he touches the ball. He shows all the components to become a huge NFL star, speed, quickness, hands, great vision and the natural running skills to strike from anywhere. After his true year season, he declared for the NFL Draft ’07, completing his college stay with a kickoff return for a TD on the last play of his career. It was the opening kickoff of the national championship game vs Florida and the only time Ohio St. held the lead in the contest. He has fine hands and will make the difficult catch regularly, showing the ability to adjust quickly to the errant pass. He runs precise sound routes, though his ability to go over the middle is an area that needs work to be a complete pro receiver. He has top speed to get deep and hit the home run regularly and displayed this more consistently over his late career. He has the rare burst of speed to separate and get open in the deep game, as well as taking the short hitch pass and hitting the seam to break a big play. His excellent running skills after the catch will warrant a very early selection. He is especially dangerous on the shorter routes to take the play the distance and is ideally suited for the West Coast offenses. His ability to find the end zone and run after the catch ability will make him a top commodity in April with virtually every club looking for playmakers. On the deep pass, he has developed good instincts tracking and the body control and hands to make the big play. He shows the ability to track the ball with the savvy to lean and push off to make the big play. He needs some development in his route running and recognizing defenses quicker, but he is capable of helping an offense immediately as a rookie. His speed off the line puts him in a position to challenge corners easily and makes him a difficult match up, especially in man situations Over his career, he pressured defenses with his speed and demanded special attention weekly. He needs some strength development to fill out as an athlete. As a collegian, he was rarely tested with the bump and run and must prove he can beat that technique to become an accomplished pro receiver. He is very fast in his routes with the ability to retain that speed exceptionally well in his patterns and create consistent separate from coverage.

The Numbers: As a junior, he started 13 games and caught 59 passes for 781 yards and 9 TDs for an 13.2 yard average per catch that earned him first team Big Ten honors. As a sophomore, he caught 51 passes for 803 yards, a 15.7 yard average per catch and 4 TDs while adding another TD as a runner, punt and kickoff returner. As a freshman, he caught 25 passes for 359 yards and 2 TDs for a 14.4 yard average while playing opposite Santonio Holmes for the first time. He also scored 4 TDs on PR while averaging an amazing 25.6 yards per return. His presence in the return game changed kicking strategy of opponents that gave Ohio St. consistently great field position. At the NFL Combine, he did not workout and came in 5’11 and 178 lbs. At the OSU workout, he did not run.

The Skinny: Dynamic playmaker with the talent to change a game with one play. He should have major impact in the return game and most likely as a rookie. He is the best return specialist I have ever scouted which includes this past year’s rookie sensation Devin Hester who Draft Insiders rated the top returner in the past decade. As a receiver, he has become one of the better deep threats in the country over the past three seasons, displaying the special burst of speed to get behind the secondary and hit the home run. He is smooth and very quick into his routes and cuts with the ability to create consistent separation in his patterns. His release off the line of scrimmage is very good and he eats up the corner’s cushion fast with the ability to retain his speed in his breaks. He needs work on his strength and hand use to better fight off the bump-and-run from physical cornerbacks. Over his career, he has been used as a return specialist, combining both elusiveness and the rare sudden speed to challenge for playing time in those roles as a pro. He needs some strength development to fill out further, though he is a wiry athlete who has proven to be durable as a collegian. He has a nose for the end zone and has produced vs. a high level of competition where he defied double coverage situations at times. He needs to continue to develop the ability to set up corners in coverage by using an array of moves to create separation. He is similar to current NFL star wideouts Marvin Harrison and Torry Holt in size, athleticism and big play ability but not in current level of development as a receiver. He is a fine receiver who is ready for to fill the slot receiver role now, though he needs only minor refinement in his overall strength and recognition skills to be a starting receiver. Top 10 player and an excellent addition to a passing and return game. Teams like the Texans, Vikings and 49ers have on their short list for the 1st round. Spectacular playmaker with all talent to become a biggest impact performer in this class and an NFL star with minor development where he should be a quick study. Future Pro Bowl performer.

Draft Projection: 1st Round
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

CK on finheaven added this:

Basically what Casserly and Coyle are both saying here is that the whole talking head mantra that Ted Ginn Jr. can't beat the press is a little bit on the ridiculous side. He's too quick to press consistently.

If you TRY, you better damn well hope you're not left grasping at air like Aaron Ross in the Texas-OSU game in 2006, because if so then as Casserly says go ahead and just bring out the PAT defense...cuz that's a touchdown.

If you have a man that quick at the line and you try and press him, it is an extraordinarily risky move. You had better have safety help over the top. If you don't have the safety help, it is the easiest thing in the world for a QB to read press coverage, and spot Ginn escaping the bump unscathed...ball out, touchdown.

And if you decide to press Ginn at the line and put safety help over top of him, then you have basically one guy, Ted Ginn Jr., taking two defenders out of the game. Hello ground game and TE attack.

Speed is a wonderful thing.

HHURRICANE
04-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Some in this thread have mentioned it already, but there are a lot of very VERY similar parallels to our draft this year, compared to the Bills last year.

Did we draft a backup player in the second round last year? :couch:

Nighthawk
04-30-2007, 08:01 PM

Hey, I'm not going to say the Phins had a horrible draft until I see these guys play. Let's not forget that everybody was saying the Bills had a horrible draft last year and we ended up having one of the best drafts and people are finally admitting that. With that being said, what the hell were the Dolphins doing? Ginn is good, but he is small, thin and has a bad foot and won't be ready for the start of training camp...not good. As for Beck, sorry Phin fans, but the guy the Bills drafted (Edwards) looks to be more of future player than Beck. Oh yeah, where is that OL help that you guys desperately needed? So, please don't come in here and tell us how bad we are when you guys did nothing to address some of your most glaring needs. Ok, I'm not stepping off my soap box. :rant:

FinFaninBuffalo
04-30-2007, 08:37 PM

I posted these points:

1. Ginn didn't miss a start in college. This is true and directly refutes an misinformed claim that Ginn is injury prone.

2. Trent Edwards missed a bunch of games in college and was injured 10 times in 4 years.

3. Miami liked Beck better than Quinn

4. Other teams did also.

Points 1 & 2 are simple facts. Points 3 & 4 are things that I have read. Where is any of that rationalizing?

Bills fans should not be criticizing the Ginn pick. The Bills were slammed for picking Whitner at #8 last year and nearly every Bills fan responded with "they picked the guy they wanted. Where he was picked doesn't matter". Also, the Bills drafted Lee Evans a few years ago at #13 and he wasn't considered as good a prospect as Ginn.

I've also heard analysts claim that the Bills took Lynch too high this year. Everyone has an opinion. Let's just let them play.

SABURZFAN
04-30-2007, 09:08 PM
and i thought that only the homers in Finheaven would give that draft an A+.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Bills fans should not be criticizing the Ginn pick. The Bills were slammed for picking Whitner at #8 last year and nearly every Bills fan responded with "they picked the guy they wanted. Where he was picked doesn't matter". Also, the Bills drafted Lee Evans a few years ago at #13 and he wasn't considered as good a prospect as Ginn.

That is not true. Every Bills fan I know said that they took Whitner to high. Not one time did I ever hear someone say "they picked the guy they wanted." Why are you trying to defend Ginn so much to Bills fans? Seriously, you don't have to justify what the the Dolphins do to Bills fans unless you want to run around in circles all day. It isn't just you, it is all these Dolphin fans that come here. I mean I friggin' hate the Dolphins, I hate every player on their team, their fans (well most of them), and I hope all of their picks are busts. I hope they go 0-16. You aren't going to change my mind on that. Screw the Dolphins.

feelthepain
04-30-2007, 09:37 PM
That is not true. Every Bills fan I know said that they took Whitner to high. Not one time did I ever hear someone say "they picked the guy they wanted." Why are you trying to defend Ginn so much to Bills fans? Seriously, you don't have to justify what the the Dolphins do to Bills fans unless you want to run around in circles all day. It isn't just you, it is all these Dolphin fans that come here. I mean I friggin' hate the Dolphins, I hate every player on their team, their fans (well most of them), and I hope all of their picks are busts. I hope they go 0-16. You aren't going to change my mind on that. Screw the Dolphins.

Says the two year old Bill fan!!

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-30-2007, 09:43 PM
Says the two year old Bill fan!!

Like I said, I love Dolphin fans.

Al13
05-01-2007, 03:24 AM
bills fans were calling quinn overrated last week, now hes a franchise QB?

i was thinking the same thing, he suckz if we pick him and now all of a sudden he is a franchise QB

FinFaninBuffalo
05-01-2007, 08:45 AM

I didn't start the thread. I'm simply trying to educate the misinformed. Calling Ginn injury prone or just a punt returner is ignorant.

Obviously all 32 teams had questions about Trent Edwards, he lasted until the third round. He was passed on three or four times by the Panthers, Chiefs, Packers, Falcons, Rams, and Seahawks. The Colts and Patriots have no decent prospects behind their starters. They passed also. That doesn't mean he won't be a good pro, but he sure isn't a lock.

Perhaps the Bills fans weren't defending the Whitner pick here, but on Finheaven, they were out in force after the draft.

justasportsfan
05-01-2007, 08:48 AM
Perhaps the Bills fans weren't defending the Whitner pick here, but on Finheaven, they were out in force after the draft.
yeah I rememeber that, finfans were also saying they drafted the best safety in Jason Allen :snicker:

justasportsfan
05-01-2007, 09:59 AM
Finfans get your copy of the New Fantastic 4 Collectors item while supplies last.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n115/Ricjon69/Fantastic4.jpg

justasportsfan
05-01-2007, 12:48 PM
You mean like this Gem?? Notice this report was after his injury:

"Rehabilitation will follow, and Ginn said there's no guarantee he'll be ready to practice when camp begins in three months."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/news/story?id=2853853

Seems like the word Rehab whether it's drug or injury related is starting to be synonymous with Dolphins.

FinFaninBuffalo
05-01-2007, 02:00 PM
"Rehabilitation will follow, and Ginn said there's no guarantee he'll be ready to practice when camp begins in three months."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/news/story?id=2853853

Seems like the word Rehab whether it's drug or injury related is starting to be synonymous with Dolphins.

You missed these parts:

"It's whatever the training staff says," the speedy Ohio State receiver-returner said. "I hope that I'm going to be able to be there day one."

Ginn said he's now 85 percent and would be able to play in a game if necessary.

"I just have the ability to go out there and work through anything, any pain," he said. "I have done workouts on it. I have practiced on it for weeks."

I realize that Bills fan wish that he was in a wheel chair, but the team is just taking precautions.

justasportsfan
05-01-2007, 02:10 PM
You missed these parts:

"It's whatever the training staff says," the speedy Ohio State receiver-returner said. "I hope that I'm going to be able to be there day one."

Did Mueller keep Sabans quack doctors? Hope so.

patmoran2006
05-01-2007, 02:11 PM
FIN..
Dont even bother.. EVery player the Fins draft or sign is going to suck.. doesnt matter who it is.

feelthepain
05-01-2007, 03:47 PM
FIN..
Dont even bother.. EVery player the Fins draft or sign is going to suck.. doesnt matter who it is.

Yeah, use that same mentality here but say the same thing about the Bills and it's boo hoo, go away you big meanie....this is our site....booo hoooo!! Here's a novel idea, you could just grow up and talk football. Or is that not possible?

J TES
05-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Do you honestly think that Quinn is a sure fire franchise QB? If he was he would have never have fell until the 22nd pick. I'm not saying he can't or won't be but can't misses dont fall that far. And to whomever said Edwards and SXtanton were ranked higher by most ....most what? Magazines? Who cares what they say. All that really matters to these kids and to the NFL are what the scouts and coaches think and known of us really know how they had them ranked......
And I'm pretty sure that you'd still be bashing Miami if they did take Quinn. Talking about how he can't win a big game or how he's inacurate.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Yeah, use that same mentality here but say the same thing about the Bills and it's boo hoo, go away you big meanie....this is our site....booo hoooo!! Here's a novel idea, you could just grow up and talk football. Or is that not possible?

Yeah, and I am sure when a Bills fan goes to a Dolphin's board and they say things about the Dolphins they are very receptive of the criticism. Give me a break. Maybe you should take your own advice and grow up.

!Papacrunk!
05-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Finfans get your copy of the New Fantastic 4 Collectors item while supplies last.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n115/Ricjon69/Fantastic4.jpg

Justa, buddy, I hope you didn't care enough to put the effort into, if not, that's some lazy Photoshop/Paint. Funny idea though!

feelthepain
05-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Yeah, and I am sure when a Bills fan goes to a Dolphin's board and they say things about the Dolphins they are very receptive of the criticism. Give me a break. Maybe you should take your own advice and grow up.

Oh please, try to have an adult conversation here and talk football and there are about thirty fans that refuse. On finheaven they'll warn you and ban you for calling someone "silly" and that's anyone! Not just rival fans, so you don't get away with acting like a child there anyways. There are a few here that do engage in good football talk , but then there many that will just start crap for no reason. I don't do that and I'll promise you, you won't find a post where I'm slinging mud that wasn't slung at me or the Dolphins first, there is a big difference in defending your team from utter stupid bias posts and just slining mud because you're a child. Learn the difference....then apply the lesson.