BZ Fans of other teams, how did you like your draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

BZ Fans of other teams, how did you like your draft?

I know there are some fans of other teams in here, including the Jets, Pats and Fins. I know FunTimes is the resident Cleveland Browns guy.
    How do you guys feel about your team's draft?

I've only read PapaCrunk's opinion about his Fins thus far..

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • L.A. Playa
    • Aug 2003

Re: BZ Fans of other teams, how did you like your draft?

I think the Saints did a great job getting another WR who is going to stretch the field and just adds to the Saints arsenaland they got a couple young DB's that will help and a couple good linemen and a replacement for Deuce next year so they had a very productive draft and off season in general, they should continue to have a good season next year

Comment

• Ickybaluky
      • Jul 2003

I liked the Meriweather pick as he fills a big needs and adds needed speed to the back end of their defense. Obviously, the Moss thing has potential for be reward, and I thnk they minimized the risk. He is a boom or bust selection.

As for the rest of the draft, I think it obvious the Pats didn't think there was great value there. They reportedly felt they would be paying for 2nd-round talent at #28 and dealt out of the pick to get SF first round pick next year (getting the pick traded for Moss as well). When their 3rd round pick came up they again saw 4th-5th round value available, so they flipped the pick for Oakland's 3rd next year.

As for the second day, hard to say if any of them make the team. I think Brown adds depth on the DL and maybe some pass rush as a 3-4 DE. Oldenburg and Hilliard are developmental OL prosects. The Pats have done a good job developing late round OL, but those two are most likely PS candidates. Rogers is a DE that projects as a 3-4 OLB, but the Pats have depth there. Lua is at a position of need, but he will have to make the team as a ST'er. Richardson has a decent shot at sticking as the last CB if he can play well enough on ST.

Again, I don't think the Pats felt good about the talent available to them, which might have played into them being as active as they were in FA. Meriweather was a nice pick. Welker and Moss are both probably considered products of the draft. If they hit on a couple of the rest it has been a good draft when you consider they were able to get SF's 1st and Oaklands 3rd next year.

BTW, I think the Bills had a solid draft, as I addressed in this thread:

I think Pos is a perfect fit for your defense on the WS, and will be a very productive player. You filled one of your biggest needs with one of the two legitimate RB prospects in the draft. Hard to criticize that. The Edwards pick was a value pick, IMO, and could pay off in the long run. It is hard to criticize it in the

Lynch and Pos are sure help, and I actually liked the Edwards pick, from a pure value view.

Hard to comment on the second day picks as they aren't players I've seen a lot, although Schouman was an interesting pick. I think Schouman ends up being an offensive FB/H-Back for the Bills, and his athleticism and versatility are a bonus. He isn't supposed to be a great blocker, but he might be an interesting offensive weapon.

The only curious thing is the lack of a CB, but they addressed other needs and it probably came down to nobody really having the value to be picked when they were picking.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Man.

That is nuts that as deep as NE is already, they will have TWO number ones and two third rounders in next year's draft already.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

NE39 you make a great point about the talent. Why pay for guys at #29 when in next years draft they might be a 3rd round talent?

I think this draft was lacking in talent. It's possible that there will be no starting QBs from this draft in 4 years.

I actaully think that Lynch will be the best RB from this class. His compact size and strength, I believe, are a much better fit for this league. I think Peterson is going to be an injury prone bust.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            I actaully think that Lynch will be the best RB from this class. His compact size and strength, I believe, are a much better fit for this league. I think Peterson is going to be an injury prone bust.
            I disagree. I think Peterson will be a Top-5 back in the NFL. I think he was clearly one of the top 3 players in this draft, and one of the few real special players.

Comment

Working...
            X