X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Bills News

Bills rookie RB Dwayne Wright is a candidate for short-yardage carries.
    Marshawn Lynch will be Buffalo's starter but Wright, a fourth-round choice, has better size. This will be a situation to minor in training camp.
    Bills LB Angelo Crowell is expected to play outside this season.
    Paul Posluszny, Buffalo's second-round pick, is penciled in as the new starting middle linebacker. Keith Ellison should start at strong side.
    Coach Dick Jauron reiterated that J.P. Losman is the Bills' starter despite the selection of Trent Edwards on Saturday.
    Losman's contract is set to expire in 2008, so the Edwards pick gives Buffalo some long-term leverage. "We just like the competition behind him for the Nos. 2 and 3 spots," Jauron said. "We need that depth." Edwards will push holdover Craig Nall to be Losman's backup.
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills News

Comment

• Don't Panic
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Dec 2005

How can we put Pos at MLB if the knock on him is his coverage?? That was the one thing I really had a problem with him when considering taking him - that his skill set, which is impressive, does not quite fit our needs for the LB position. He may be a decent fit at OLB, but to say he'll be a good fit at MLB is definitely a stretch, especially in his first year. If we really wanted a MLB, we should have traded up two picks and took Willis.

Comment

• streetkings01
        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by bwbrenton
        How can we put Pos at MLB if the knock on him is his coverage?? That was the one thing I really had a problem with him when considering taking him - that his skill set, which is impressive, does not quite fit our needs for the LB position. He may be a decent fit at OLB, but to say he'll be a good fit at MLB is definitely a stretch, especially in his first year. If we really wanted a MLB, we should have traded up two picks and took Willis.
        You do know that Penn St. played alot of cover2 right? He was effective as MLB in that system coming off a knee injury and will be back up to speed once the season starts.
        You can call me streetkings

Comment

• Don't Panic
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloBills06
          You do know that Penn St. played alot of cover2 right? He was effective as MLB in that system coming off a knee injury and will be back up to speed once the season starts.
          My worry is that he won't be able to keep up at the pro level. Just seems like a red flag to me. I trust OBD though... we'll see how it pans out.

Comment

• streetkings01
            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by bwbrenton
            My worry is that he won't be able to keep up at the pro level. Just seems like a red flag to me. I trust OBD though... we'll see how it pans out.
            No doubt I understand your concern, but I think he was slowed a bit because of the knee injury the prev year, but I think he will be back up to speed before the start of the season.
            You can call me streetkings

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
              Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
              • Mar 2003

Supposedly, Poz was ranked ahead of Willis anyways.
              "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
              -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
                Supposedly, Poz was ranked ahead of Willis anyways.
                LOL.. Of course he was.. Just like Whitner was ranked ahead of Huff last year..

Of course, you cant blame the FO for saying that. They'd be a horrible FO if they didnt.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• mysticsoto
                  Too sober for this...
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006

Of course, you cant blame the FO for saying that. They'd be a horrible FO if they didnt.
                  They might be referring to him pre-injury. If he recovers fully to regain his previous speed, I think grabbing him in the 2nd is the steal of the draft (well, maybe outside Bush at 4th).

Comment

• Don't Panic
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Dec 2005

I readily admit that he will be a servicable player here and should be a big part of what we do for the next 10 or so years. I also love drafting Penn St. guys since they know the climate.

Comment

• MarvLevy
                      Can I get some power to give REP?
                      • Jul 2005

WILLIS AND MICHAEL BUSH?

OR POS AND LYNCH?

WHICH WOULD U RATHER HAVE??????

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

Willis was not available, so the point is moot.
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloBills06
                          the knee injury is what everyone seems to forget when they call him stiff or slow last season. he hurt his knee in a 2005 bowl game, and wasn't only like 8 months into rehab when the season started. I think this year he's going to have a lot of quickness back
                          Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006

Patrick, before he ran his 40 you didn't even know who Patrick Willis was so can it.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                              Patrick, before he ran his 40 you didn't even know who Patrick Willis was so can it.
                              Are we back to ignoring the Senior Bowl? I'd feel that you had a legitimate point if every team hadn't sent multiple people to watch the game (and parctices).

Comment

Working...
                              X