PDA

View Full Version : Sabres can't play 60 minutes

Bills232
04-30-2007, 09:45 AM
Which is why they won't win the Cup

OpIv37
04-30-2007, 10:01 AM
You're partially right. The Sabres AREN'T playing 60 minutes, but at the beginning of the year, they won a LOT of games by out-lasting other teams with their speed and 4 quality lines.

They need to stop being sloppy with the puck and start skating hard for the whole game to win.

PcA125
04-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Im not saying that the guys arnt playing hard... but I want to see one or two step it up to another notch. So far I think that Zubrus should be the model for the younger guys.. he has been going out there and just kicking ass, always giving a TON of effort. Again, not that the other guys arnt, it just seems like he really stepped up his game a lot more for the playoffs and if one or two other guys had the same type of improvemtn we would dominate.

mchurchfie
04-30-2007, 10:23 AM
That's a bad habit they have had ALL year. Everyone said they would be fine and turn on the switch come the PO's but bad habits are hard to just kick all of the sudden. It could potentially be a factor if they don't recognize and realize that they have to compete EVERY period.

SabreEleven
04-30-2007, 10:35 AM
The Sabres thought the Ice Capades were in town yesterday afternoon.

RockStar36
04-30-2007, 10:47 AM
I'm not sure what to think yesterday. I was pissed off for the majority of the game because it didn't even appear that they were putting a full effort into the game. That being said, it still took the Rangers 2 OT's to beat them.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-30-2007, 10:49 AM
I won't say they can't play play hard for 60 minutes, but I can't say they played hard for 6 minutes yesterday.

Don't Panic
04-30-2007, 12:08 PM
I still have faith that this team will find itself and win the Cup. The difference between where we are now and where we need to be is marginal. We are, after all, 6-2 in these playoffs. Kind of nice to be able to complain about being 6-2 in the playoffs.

RockStar36
04-30-2007, 12:37 PM
While watching the game I started thinking that teams like Ottawa, NJ, SJ, and Anaheim won't let them slide with playing 1/3 periods a game. They really need to realize what is at stake. Yesterday looked so half ass at times.

Michael82
04-30-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm going to say the same thing as before, until they learn how to play a full game...they aren't going to win anything. They can't keep turning it on for 1 period and then thinking that would be enough. They also can't continue to be as sloppy with the puck as they have been or they are going to blow it. :ill:

chernobylwraiths
04-30-2007, 02:34 PM
NO team can play all out for 60 minutes and keep that up for a whole series. Sure, they have looked lackluster at times, but for the most part they can pick up the pace to very high levels. They need to be able to put the puck home when they get like that and they haven't been able to do that as much lately. Lundquist plays deep in his net and plays low. They need to shoot it high and from about 20 feet out when they have the chance and not skate it all the way in.

I thought one of our best scoring opportunities came as Briere skated out from behind the crease in the first overtime, but someone knocked the net off. I didn't see a Sabre anywhere near the net so I assume it was a Ranger, but I didn't see any replay on it. Some day I will get a DVR and tape these games so I can watch everything back and make my own determinations since Versus and NBC don't seem to be interested in these things.

RockStar36
04-30-2007, 02:54 PM
I know the play you're talking about. I was sure Briere was going to score till the net got knocked off.

Typ0
04-30-2007, 02:58 PM
briere needs to have the puck more behind the net...chern great post thanks for saying that stuff so I don't have to type it.

SabreEleven
04-30-2007, 05:41 PM
It was a Rangers that knocked the net off but they never showed the replay on how he did it. Of course, no penalty was called on the play.

don137
04-30-2007, 07:39 PM
It does not help that a high flying team like the Sabres go on the road in the playoffs and play on crappy ice. I know the cliche both teams have to play on it but it definitely helps slow down the Sabres and they are not able to pass and skate as well...It has happened in both series so far.
With that said I do have to tip my hat the the Rangers. They are much more physical than the Sabres other than Zubruis. They are playing great hockey. I do agree the Sabre need to step it up a notch.