• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Jets Theory

Part of me believes that Mangini really isn't a good coach at all. Mostly because he looked so confused in the home loss to the Bills this year. But he somehow put together a Playoff team.

My theory going forward is that when you aren't particularly good at something but have been around someone like a belichik who is, you can scam the world into seeming like you learned alot from the mentor. But chances are you used that information for a year and then slip dramatically the following year. I fully expect that coming this year. Looking at their draft, and their general assessment of their team, i think the Jets are in store for a world of hurt. Last year, they were one of luckiest teams.. This year, mangini turns back into a pumpkin and the jets start their free fall.
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: Jet's Theory

Originally posted by trapezeus
    My theory going forward is that when you aren't particularly good at something but have been around someone like a belichik who is, you can scam the world into seeming like you learned alot from the mentor.
    Two words: Nick Saban.

Good call bro.

Comment

• streetkings01
      • Jul 2006

Living here in Yonkers I argue with Jets fans all damn day! They were a product of an easy schedule just like the 2004 Bills and 2005 Dolphins, and there true colors will show in 2007! All they keep talking about is that they beat the Pats, but they beat the Pats in one of the muddiest conditions in a long time causing the Pats to change the field. We dominated the Jets 2x last year and I see a sweep this year!
      You can call me streetkings

Comment

• streetkings01
        • Jul 2006

Did I mention that they only beat 1...count it 1 team with a winning record?
        You can call me streetkings

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

also, is the ny jets theory that they'll be sticking with Pennington? When they traded up, i thought the smart money was on cancelling the pennington project and taking quinn.

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
            Closet Bills Fan
            • Nov 2004

Re: Jets Theory

see thats the only problem i have wtih the easy schedule comments..... while granted yes, you play the similar place conference opponent in the other two divisions, every other game is the exact same with the other 3 teams in your division......

with that being said, time will tell.... from what i saw at the ralph the jets were definitely taking advantage of the turnover miscues and what have ya, but the outcome is still a W......

as far as the arguement about all that, does that make houston the best team i the league since they swept indy?

as far as the coach comment, again, its a wait and see, do i think he will be a bellichick clone, god i hope not...... bill was horrible in cleveland, and well, accepting then changing his mind on the jets job just shows he's in it for the money, in NE, i think its just right time, right place, and having crennel and weis as coordinators for their run didnt hurt either.

as long as the run can keep a defense honest, you dont always need a gunslinging qb

j-e-t-s
            jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by CuseJetsFan83
              see thats the only problem i have wtih the easy schedule comments..... while granted yes, you play the similar place conference opponent in the other two divisions, every other game is the exact same with the other 3 teams in your division......

with that being said, time will tell.... from what i saw at the ralph the jets were definitely taking advantage of the turnover miscues and what have ya, but the outcome is still a W......

as far as the arguement about all that, does that make houston the best team i the league since they swept indy?

as far as the coach comment, again, its a wait and see, do i think he will be a bellichick clone, god i hope not...... bill was horrible in cleveland, and well, accepting then changing his mind on the jets job just shows he's in it for the money, in NE, i think its just right time, right place, and having crennel and weis as coordinators for their run didnt hurt either.

as long as the run can keep a defense honest, you dont always need a gunslinging qb
              Did they really? I must have missed that. I know they won one of the games but two?

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                Closet Bills Fan
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                Did they really? I must have missed that. I know they won one of the games but two?
                sorry my bad, it was a split....... thanks for the clarification

j-e-t-s

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

sorry my bad, it was a split....... thanks for the clarification
                  Oh man you had my heart going there for a minute lol. I was about to bust out the game film and re-watch the games.

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                    Closet Bills Fan
                    • Nov 2004

Oh man you had my heart going there for a minute lol. I was about to bust out the game film and re-watch the games.
                    yeah, pretty much after typing it i knew that wasn't right...

anywho, it just goes to show ya that it don't matter what your schedule is, you just have to play your hearts out and win....

if every team on the bills schedule ended up sub .500 people would be saying they had it easy......

im gonna enjoy the rest of the offseason and see if my pal makes the jets this year, or if he ends up on the practice squad again

j-e-t-s

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Do you remember when I ranked the AFC EAST a few months ago?

1) NE
                      2) Bills
                      3) Jets
                      4) Dolphins

Mangini is very overrated and so is this team. I'm in agreement that they are going to regress. By the way, I hated their draft.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

yeah, pretty much after typing it i knew that wasn't right...

anywho, it just goes to show ya that it don't matter what your schedule is, you just have to play your hearts out and win....

if every team on the bills schedule ended up sub .500 people would be saying they had it easy......

im gonna enjoy the rest of the offseason and see if my pal makes the jets this year, or if he ends up on the practice squad again
                        Did the thought of taking Quinn ever cross your mind? I really thought that the Jets might take a shot at him, I just don't have any faith in Pennington anymore with the Shoulder.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Did the thought of taking Quinn ever cross your mind? I really thought that the Jets might take a shot at him, I just don't have any faith in Pennington anymore with the Shoulder.
                          They drafted his replacement last year.

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                            Closet Bills Fan
                            • Nov 2004

the way the jets are, they are trying to be a run team with the pass as a last alternative.....

jones and washington will be a very good 1-2 combo, and as far as the passing game goes, 5-15 yards is all thats really needed

of course the thought of drafting another qb crosses your mind, but they also signed tuiososopo (sp) from oakland as basically a 3rd, and clemons is the 2nd for sure.

as far as mangini being overrated and thsi and that...... its all the players on the field, if the team is good its them, not so much the coach

j-e-t-s

Comment

• Bills232
                              Veteran Zoner
                              • Apr 2007

Am I the only one here who thinks the Jets have a solid club?

If Pennington stays healthy they could be better than us

Comment

Working...
                              X