X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eyedog
    • Jul 2002

So we've exchanged....

McGahee, Fletcher, and Clements for Lynch, Poz, and Dockery.

That's the nut of it. I think it's an upgrade.
    Clements' money went to Dockery. I'll miss Nate but if the o-line is improved I'll take it. I was never big on Fletcher, Poz won't be any worse and probably better. Willis had to go after his offseason and it shouldn't be hard for Lynch to duplicate those numbers.

They still need to find another corner. Looking at the Pats receivers we will have some matchup problems, but one fluke hit {Brady} and the Pats fall right back to everyone else.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: So we've exchanged....

Poz will need a year or so to get up to NFL speed but should be decent from the get go. We lose Fletchers experience here, but should gain ground in 2008 - 2009.

Dockery upgrades our OL pretty nicely, Clements leaving hurts our DB's however being able to run and pass block is desperately needed. Pretty much a wash, but I'd rahter have the solid OL.

Mcgahee was a basket case and undedicated. Lynch has already proven to be the anti-Willis ... instant upgrade IMO.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

I mean c'mon.. seriously.

Pos "wont be worse and probably better" than Fletcher? Possibly in a couple of years, sure. But that's insane to suggest that will be the case as a rookie.

Good luck to POS being third in the NFL in tackles as a rookie, such as Fletcher was last year. And for those who say Fletch made all his tackles down the field (as do most MLB's in a cover two) and didnt produce big plays, well let's see POS grab four interceptions and score a pair of TD's before annointing him as better than Fletch.

Let's call a spade a spade. I think Lynch is an upgrade over McGahee and obviously Dockery is a big time upgrade. But our defense on a talent level is significantly worse than last year's, especially after this draft, on a defense that wasn't good last year either.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

This is a good way to look at it. Of course only time can tell, but you have to think that Pos will get up to speed quickly in a D tyical to what he played in college.

I think that the addition to Marshwan Lynch is an instant upgrade over McGahee. Willis had little work ethic and even lower reliability. And let's face it, Mcgahee's knee is pretty much bionic. Who's to say how long that will last? Lynch would have to be a pretty big bust to not break 900 yards rushing this season.

We did lose a little at corner and it concerns me. The addition of Dockery on the O-Line will hopefully help Buffalo keep the offense on the field more, and keep the young defense off the field in return.

Comment

• The Answer
          The Plagiarist
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by ddaryl
          Poz will need a year or so to get up to NFL speed but should be decent from the get go. We lose Fletchers experience here, but should gain ground in 2008 - 2009.

Dockery upgrades our OL pretty nicely, Clements leaving hurts our DB's however being able to run and pass block is desperately needed. Pretty much a wash, but I'd rahter have the solid OL.

Mcgahee was a basket case and undedicated. Lynch has already proven to be the anti-Willis ... instant upgrade IMO.
          None of these are slam dunks:

Poz is either going to bust outright, or be an average linebacker at best -so it's ludicrous to think he's going to be better than Fletcher or even as good.

Lynch has all the talent in the world to be a premier back in this league - but then again so did guys like KiJana Carter. The Answer feels he will be a contributor right away regardless.

Dockery was a great signing - but he's no Steve Hutchinson and The Answer refuses to be optimistic and think that one player is the ANSWER to one of the worse Olines in the league. Some of these other guys are going to have to show something as well.

~The Answer

Comment

• eyedog
            • Jul 2002

Sorry Fletcher never did it for me. Way overrated imo. Linebacker, like running back isn't a hard position to step into from college to pro's.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              I mean c'mon.. seriously.

Pos "wont be worse and probably better" than Fletcher? Possibly in a couple of years, sure. But that's insane to suggest that will be the case as a rookie.

Good luck to POS being third in the NFL in tackles as a rookie, such as Fletcher was last year. And for those who say Fletch made all his tackles down the field (as do most MLB's in a cover two) and didnt produce big plays, well let's see POS grab four interceptions and score a pair of TD's before annointing him as better than Fletch.

Let's call a spade a spade. I think Lynch is an upgrade over McGahee and obviously Dockery is a big time upgrade. But our defense on a talent level is significantly worse than last year's, especially after this draft, on a defense that wasn't good last year either.
              Pat, you seem to continually forget that players get older and decline. That's where Fletch and Spikes are now. In 2 years, Fletch will be out of the league and Pos will be a big time 'backer. (BTW, I think you have the same problem in your hero worship of the Pats. You overlook the fact that 6 of their starting defenders will be 30 or over by the start of the season - and the inevitable decline will begin to rear its ugly head.)
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                Pat, you seem to continually forget that players get older and decline. That's where Fletch and Spikes are now. In 2 years, Fletch will be out of the league and Pos will be a big time 'backer. (BTW, I think you have the same problem in your hero worship of the Pats. You overlook the fact that 6 of their starting defenders will be 30 or over by the start of the season - and the inevitable decline will begin to rear its ugly head.)

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by The Answer
                  None of these are slam dunks:

Poz is either going to bust outright, or be an average linebacker at best -so it's ludicrous to think he's going to be better than Fletcher or even as good.

Lynch has all the talent in the world to be a premier back in this league - but then again so did guys like KiJana Carter. The Answer feels he will be a contributor right away regardless.

Dockery was a great signing - but he's no Steve Hutchinson and The Answer refuses to be optimistic and think that one player is the ANSWER to one of the worse Olines in the league. Some of these other guys are going to have to show something as well.

~The Answer
                  1.) You have no idea, nor do any of us, whether Pos will be a bust, an average player, or Shane Conlan reincarnated. With his work ethic and character, combined with his talent, MY OPINION is that he will be a very good player.

2.) You can say the KiJana Carter thing about anyone.

3.) Dockery doesn't have to be the entire answer, but he certainly represents a big improvement to the O line. Peters is an emerging star, Fowler is a serviceable center, and we have a number of guys - Walker, Whittle, Preston, Merz, Butler and Pennington - to form a good right side.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

Plus, don't forget the maturation of the younger players. Ellison, Simpson, McCargo and Whitner should be much better than they were last year. Sure there is a learning curve for Poz but I think this defense will be better than many people think.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

I'm not bitter (anymore) that Fletch is gone, and I like the pick of Pos as a replacement.

But its ludricous to suggest our defense is better THIS YEAR because Pos is in and FLetch is out.. That's crazy to me. I'm not saying the moves (fletch out, pos in) weren't necessary ones. Im saying it doesnt make as good or any better defensively for the next few years.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Bling
                        • Jul 2004

Just imagine if you signed Fletcher, and you could've used that pick on someone other than Pos. That'd be cool.

Getting rid of McGahee was the right move, and no amount of money was keeping Clements in Buffalo. But you should have kept Fletcher. Everyone whines about how Zach is slowing down blah, blah, blah. He's got 2 years on Fletcher. You keep players like Fletcher.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Bling
                          Just imagine if you signed Fletcher, and you could've used that pick on someone other than Pos. That'd be cool.

Getting rid of McGahee was the right move, and no amount of money was keeping Clements in Buffalo. But you should have kept Fletcher. Everyone whines about how Zach is slowing down blah, blah, blah. He's got 2 years on Fletcher. You keep players like Fletcher.
                          On paper your logic makes total sense. However, Fletcher was, and will always be linked to the previous administration. I do agree that he is our biggest loss after evaluating the draft.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by eyedog
                            McGahee, Fletcher, and Clements for Lynch, Poz, and Dockery.

That's the nut of it. I think it's an upgrade.
                            Clements' money went to Dockery. I'll miss Nate but if the o-line is improved I'll take it. I was never big on Fletcher, Poz won't be any worse and probably better. Willis had to go after his offseason and it shouldn't be hard for Lynch to duplicate those numbers.

They still need to find another corner. Looking at the Pats receivers we will have some matchup problems, but one fluke hit {Brady} and the Pats fall right back to everyone else.
                            What about Spikes for both Walkers and Edwards for Holcomb?!!

Comment

• eyedog
                              • Jul 2002

What you can't do is overpay players like Fletcher. {old and overrated}. That's what gets you into big trouble fast.

Comment

Working...
                              X