PDA

View Full Version : The prototypical Buffalo TE...

RedEyE
04-30-2007, 02:38 PM
"Derek Schouman is a pass-catching tight end with limited blocking skills."

I'm not pissing on the pick here, but how long have we been hearing this same exact statement?

I think Kevin Everett is in the hot seat.

camelcowboy
04-30-2007, 02:47 PM
He's a true H-back. One of those does everything well nothing great. Gives us alot of flexibity. I like the pick alot.

The Spaz
04-30-2007, 02:55 PM
I think we go after TE-HB type guys that give a us a little bit of everything.

The Spaz
04-30-2007, 02:56 PM
He's a true H-back. One of those does everything well nothing great. Gives us alot of flexibity. I like the pick alot.

I agree.

BigGabes23
04-30-2007, 03:14 PM
Dude.... What do you want out of a 7th rounder?

Night Train
04-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Royal can block very well. If our plan is to pound the ball with our 2 new RB's and A-Train, he's a major plus.

RedEyE
04-30-2007, 03:56 PM
Dude.... What do you want out of a 7th rounder?

Once again, (for those that have difficulties reading) I'm not doubting the pick, what I am saying is that year after year we aquire the same TE. He just keeps changing names.

The last buffalo fan
04-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Once again, (for those that have difficulties reading) I'm not doubting the pick, what I am saying is that year after year we aquire the same TE. He just keeps changing names.

And I'm really sick and tired of this!! I really miss Keith, Pete, and Jay R.

Do you think that Cieslak has the skills to be a catching TE??

RedEyE
04-30-2007, 07:19 PM
And I'm really sick and tired of this!! I really miss Keith, Pete, and Jay R.

Do you think that Cieslak has the skills to be a catching TE??

LOL

I would take Remeirsma over the slew of half-breeds we've had since he left. Tamale?

The last buffalo fan
04-30-2007, 08:20 PM
LOL

I would take Remeirsma over the slew of half-breeds we've had since he left. Tamale?

No, pozole.

Is there any TE with the UDFA that "catchs" your eye, Red?

The Answer
04-30-2007, 10:14 PM
"Derek Schouman is a pass-catching tight end with limited blocking skills."

I'm not pissing on the pick here, but how long have we been hearing this same exact statement?

I think Kevin Everett is in the hot seat.

We have a blocking TE in Royal - Schouman played in a high octane system at Boise State - get this kid the ball early and often and he could be this years Marques Colston.

~The Answer

jamesiscool
05-01-2007, 12:45 AM
We have a blocking TE in Royal - Schouman played in a high octane system at Boise State - get this kid the ball early and often and he could be this years Marques Colston.

~The Answer

marques colston eh?... im guna call bull**** on that one.

TigerJ
05-01-2007, 07:56 AM
I don't see Schouman and a clone of previous tight ends at all. He's shorter than the rest of the tight ends on the roster. I don't think he's suited to lining up on the line of scrimmage at all. When he plays, it's going to be in an H-back/fullback roll. I don't think any of the other guys are ideally suited for that role as Schouman is. I think the Bills will ask him to get stronger, and he's going to end up playing a similar role to Damien Shelton, except he can be much more effective than Shelton catching the ball out of the backfield. He lacks some of Shelton's strength right now, but has much more mobility. On the roster, he is not a replacement for one of the tight ends at all. I expect Royal, Cieslak, and Everett are all going to be on the roster this year. He is Shelton's replacement